We went there to celebrate a special birthday and it turned out to be exceptionally SPECIAL indeed.
They seem to have this place spot on, yes, its expensive, but as they say 'the quality remains, long after the price has been forgotten'.
We stayed for two nights and only planned to eat in the restaurant one of the nights as we thought it would be far too rich and fussy to eat two nights on the trot, but it wasn't at all, in fact far from it. I think it is some of the best food i have ever eaten in my life and i am much traveled!
They have thankfully steered clear of this awful micro gastronomy faze that seems to be sweeping the nation (what is all that nonsense about, please stop taking the mick)!!
There was no foams, spumes or spays and no ridicules skids in the mash or grass dust scattered over the top!
Well done Raymond Blanc and your kitchen team for staying true to good French cooking without the frills. It is so refreshing to see. Why change anything that really works well.
Our room was also a delight (Hydrangea) fresh flowers, fruit, Champagne and Medeira was all there for us to enjoy.
We also hired their electric bikes and went whizzing around the Oxfordshire countryside and through some chocolate box villages.
You have to stay and eat here at least once in your lifetime it is simply perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of the country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen-and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School-with ultra-fresh, organic produce, ensuring the Michelin-star restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Great Milton, Oxfordshire, England