Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
$77
$60
The Oxford Belfry(Milton Common)
$93
$88
$61
$57
Agoda.com
$110
$105
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$79
$99
  • Restaurant
$100
  • Breakfast included
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$107
$89
Orbitz.com
$50
Travelodge
2,375 results
All reviewsraymond blanccookery schoolspecial occasiontasting menucookery coursecelebration packagemoment you arriveaccompanying winesgarden suitepetit foursvegetable gardenbirthday treatwine flightevery member of staffjunior suiterisottoa la carte menu
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at Le Manoir to celebrate my milestone birthday as I wanted to do something really special that I would always remember and I was certainly not disappointed. The service was impeccable, from the moment we arrived on Friday to when we left on Saturday. It was friendly, efficient and the staff were very approachable - not over the top obsequious nor snooty. We were made to feel very welcome and, even nicer, were upgraded to a junior suite on arrival. The 9 course "menu decouverte" was amazing - beautifully presented, with incredible flavours but not too much, nor too little. The young English sommelier was a delight and very helpful as, at our request, he recommended a flight of wines to complement the various courses, rather than one bottle to go with everything. It was a real treat that as we were checking out, M. Blanc himself came into reception.

My only tiny negative comment is that the hotel is obviously not used to ladies who wash and blow dry their own hair as the hair dryer in our room was missing the nozzle, was low powered and there was nowhere to plug it in with enough light to actually see what I was doing. Not good for a girl trying to look her best.

I'm lucky enough to have stayed in many luxury hotels around the world as I work in the travel industry so I really can say in all honesty that Le Manoir is a cut above the rest. I'm now looking for another celebratory excuse to crucify the credit card and stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KateB40
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear KateB40,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our housekeepers check each room facilities on a daily basis, but I will ask them to check all dryers as a matter of course.

We love all forms of feedback - constructive or complimentary as it helps us grow and develop.

Maybe your return visit could be to check the hair dryer :)

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife booked the Vite course for me at the Blanc Cooking school located at Le Manoir. When I arrived, we were met by our instructor for the day plus a nutritionist! Now, I tend to eat all the things I should not so I anticipated dishes which were seeds, nuts and twigs, what we got was a world-class education in what was good for you without the conventional myth. Mark, the head of the cookery school worked hand in hand with Natalia the nutritionist to construct with you meals which were healthy and absolutely delicious and can be created at home for the family. Having gone there thinking I would have picked the heavenly chocolate course if it had not been a gift, I left very happy I had spent a day in "Vite". You get hands on cooking experience in a state-of-art kitchen as well as demonstrations by actual Quat'Saisons Chefs (The head of the cookery school has been with Blanc since the seventies). You also get to see the professional kitchen preparing for the day as well as a tour of the wonderful kitchen garden. By the way, I'll take the chocolate course next!

Room Tip: Have stayed at the hotel a number of times in the past, there really isn't bad room, but the dovecot is rather special.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Simken,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Raymond Blanc Cookery School.
Blanc Vite is one of our most popular courses and I'm so glad you enjoyed your day.

We look forward to seeing you in our Chocolate course; the dishes they make are truly delicious.

Kind regards,

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked this hotel as a gift for my boyfriends 30th birthday and I can't recommend Le Manior enough.

The service was impeccable - when we arrived the car park was quite busy and we could not find a space - as if from no where someone appeared to tell us to park the car in front of reception and they will move it for us later.

We were greeted by someone who knew who were were and asked if we would like to have tea - by the time we had finished someone had moved our car, taken out all of our bags and placed them in the room for us - a great start to an amazing stay.

The room was amazing, we stayed in Hollyhock which was a beautiful room with fruit, champagne and Madeira waiting for us.

Service was second to none - nothing was too much and you felt so valued and welcome at all times. The food was amazing - we had the 9 course tasted menu At one point the courses were coming out quite quickly and with so much food it was too much to keep up with - we asked if we may be able to slow it down a little and without hesitation we were then given a very suitable break between each course.

We were asked which newspaper we would like to receive in the morning and how we would like our tea and this arrived at the exact time we asked for it in the morning by a lovely gentleman who drew our curtains for us. After this we took a walk around the grounds which were also beautiful on a crisp winters day.

Just before we left we asked if there was any chance we might be able to have a tour of the kitchens and the very kind lady who had looked after us for all of our stay said this was no trouble at all - so we got to see all the chefs starting lunch - an amazing thing to see.

If you are booking something for a special occasion I could not recommend this more - it is a little on the expensive side but worth every penny.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hollyhock which was lovely but I am sure they are all amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear 445AbbyJK

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay whilst at Le Manoir.
I have passed your comments to the team who were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Le Manoir is a place that can truly capture your heart and from reading your post, it seems to have captured yours.

We hope to see you soon.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have gone to Le Manoir many times, and each time is better and better. Raymond Blanc maintains a consistent level of quality each and every time. From the food to the rooms to the service to the soap to the sheets to the towels... everything is absolutely perfect. Took the whole extended family.

Room Tip: Each room is different and has its own unique character
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosenblumtv
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Rosenblumtv,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Happy New Year and thank you once again.

Kind regards,

Claire

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had the privilege of staying here this past October. Everything about our stay was flawless. They graciously upgraded us to the wonderful Jade Suite. As we were celebrating our anniversary we chose to have the 9 course meal. The food is just wonderful. Having eaten at many Michelin 2 and 3 star restaurants we are still wondering why Michelin has not bestowed a third star on the restaurant. Everything about our stay was magical and a wonderful present we were able to give ourselves. Thank you, Raymond Blanc and the staff of Le Manoir.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear michele7750,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay at Le Manoir. I have shared your comments with the team.

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a very Happy New Year.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir.