I have stayed at the Manoir five times in the last few years, four times for a week at a time doing the Stage 1 through to 4 cookery courses (you arrive on a Sunday evening, stay through to Friday, in a superior room - this is by far the best value way of staying at this wonderful hotel and has the added bonus of teaching you just about everything there is to know about cooking!) and once for my 50th birthday with a couple of girlfriends.
I've stayed in Amethyst, Snow Queen, Rouge et Noir, Vettriano and Camelia. They are all gorgeous and flawless in my experience.
The Cookery School is amazing, the food sublime and I can't think of any problem, large or small, that wasn't solved immediately and with good grace in all the 25 nights I've slept there! RB joined us for lunch when I had a birthday during one of the courses and is every bit as charming as one would expect - though I wouldn't want to work for him, talk about perfectionist!!!
When I went for my 50th they couldn't have made more effort to make it special for me, even doing a favourite, no longer on the menu dessert for the three of us.
The staff are superbly trained, they are not perfect as the buildings and services are not perfect, but without exception in my experience they do everything in their power to make each guest happy. They understand that a large proportion of the folk who stay here aren't mult-millionaires and have saved long and hard to stay there for a special occasion and try to make it worth it. The attention to detail is quite amazing.
If I ever get married again it will be there and I'll spend my wedding night in Opium in lieu of a honeymoon (a tour of all the rooms was a bonus on one of my courses!), if I make it through to my 60th birthday I'll stay in Lalique after a lot of saving up in the next ten years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of the country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen-and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School-with ultra-fresh, organic produce, ensuring the Michelin-star restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Great Milton, Oxfordshire, England