“Absolutely fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Milton
London,
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Le Manoir last Friday night. My sister was having her wedding there so we stayed along with my parents. It was an absolutely magical place and the staff are fantastic nothing is too much trouble.

Our room was Orchid. It was lovely, very English with the cutest bathroom, the shower is very much a power shower! The room is kitted out with all the latest technology, good size TV on the wall, Bose cd player and Ipod dock, complimentary wifi plus all the luxury features that you expect from such a hotel, such as fluffy towels and bathrobes, slippers, delicious fresh fruit, port, still and sparkling water and divine bathroom products. My sister stayed in Snow Queen which was just beautiful, it was a very generous size and the bathroom had a double shower and large bath. My parents stayed in Passionflower which was also very nice. Both of these rooms were in the courtyard and had private terraces. Orchid is in the main house on the first floor.

We arranged for tea to be brought to our room on Saturday morning at 8.30am before breakfast, I had English breakfast and my boyfriend Peppermint which they infuse themselves. Reception called a few minutes before it arrived to say it was on its way and they brought it in on a silver tray with little biscuits. We then joined my parents for breakfast about 9.30am. What a treat, the spread was just fantastic. All sorts of fresh fruit, two types of fresh fruit salad (one with sugar and one without), yoghurt, all sorts of different milks, plus cheeses and cold meats with different types of breads. Then there were the various Danish pastries, so yummy! We then had cooked items, my mother and I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with caviar, my boyfriend had eggs Benedict and my father had smoked haddock in a mustard sauce. There were also fresh fruit juices, tea’s, coffee and hot chocolate available to drink. Highly recommend the apple juice!

We then took our drinks on the terrace in the gardens as it was such a lovely day and the sun was shining. The gardens are absolutely stunning and well worth spending some time walking around them.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I have stayed in numerous luxury hotels in the UK and abroad and I can stay without hesitation this is the most wonderful place for a weekend away. I appreciate that it is not cheap but it is very much a hotel that is perfect for a special occasion, an anniversary or birthday for example and it is well worth every penny.

Also if you are thinking of having a wedding here - do it is just the perfect setting.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and have a look through my photos for pictures of the three rooms and the grounds.

Room Tip: Book in advance!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
UK
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Wonderful personal service from the moment we arrived, superb staff, very attentive and friendly. We stayed in the oriental themed Opium Suite, which was lovely. We had a fabulous vase of lilies in the room, which are still blooming over a week later. This hotel has lovely gardens and reception rooms. Restaurant is excellent, very friendly staff, food and service superb. Staff very knowledgeable about their food and wines.

We also attended the Raymond Blanc Cookery School, which was a very enjoyable day, thanks to Mark and his team.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hatty21
Paris, France
Reviewed May 19, 2011

As I was once a struggling student in Oxford (weren't we all) In those remarkable and adventurous days of reading for degrees, the thought of ever dining at such a remarkable establishment as the 'Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons' would have definately meant far more mugging escapades after dark on Professors none of us really liked. The trouble was, us former 'St Trinian's Triads' (as we were then known) seemed to always pick on the poorest of all our lecherers (eh, sorry....spelling error, Pardon - Lecturers) so this calculated brain wave didn't actually work.

All meaningless waffle, satire and nostalgia aside, I had to actually reach a stage in my life where I could afford, due to 'hard work of course,' to be able...FINALLY, to have the best - and out of all the Oxfordshire Grand Manors that feed the gentry and the 'well to do' - as well as a few, 'I struck it lucky,' peon's - this is the finest by far.

The marvellous grounds surrounding Le Manoir aside - that's another glowing tale other's can deal with, but let's just say, gorgeous rolling downs - it's what was on the plates that I was salivating over - and brothers and sisters, this is cuisine at it's best - as is the impeccable service. All supremely superb to my delicate French toned palate. Only in Paris, my place of residence, do I ever come across anything nearly quite so delicious and refined.

I have also spent several nights sleeping at this marvellous residence, that is to say, when I could escape the delights on the table, naturally. This is plushness 'a la carte' and not one iota or even a hint of anything remotely kitsch. In fact, mention that last word and you'll be fed to the 'Groundsman's Baskervilles' for breakfast.

Don't expect to find a cheap room at this 'not too shabby joint' however. Cheap is not in their dictionary. If you have the money, then they certainly have the time and it's simply 'le mieux.' You'll be treated like a King and the 'once a Knight's enough,' principle just doesn't work here at all, put aside at least a few days for this wondrous experience and of course.....perhaps, someone else's bank vault would be a bonus!

Room Tip: Beautiful West Wing
  • Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Objectiveappraisal
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Just returned from our wedding and this is what we left with the staff of the hotel

"We are so in awe of the Le Manoir. It has surpassed all of our expectations in terms of the dining experience, care and attention to detail. The staff for our wedding created the most perfect, magical and beautiful day. The care from Kerri, beauty from Mary and the food from Gary created the unbelievably romantic, sparkling and unforgettable day.

We are in love with Le Manoir. All the staff are superb."

Ps when the boss almost misses a train to say hello then you know you are with a culinary angel!

Room Tip: Ask where you would like to be ....
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BelleandSeb
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I took my fiance here as a surprise for his thirtieth birthday and I was not disappointed. We arrived a little early and went for a walk around the gardens which are beautiful. All staff were friendly, efficient and attentive without being overbearing or intrusive. We opted for the Menu Classique and wine to match. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The fish course being the best. We sat in the conservatory and looked out on to the gardens, the atmosphere was relaxed rathe than stuffy.

The bill for lunch for the two of us came to £378 not inc service. For that we had two glasses of champagne, two Menu Classique including coffee and petit fours but not including the cheese course (we couldn't have fit it in!!).

We were well looked after and made to feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
east anglia
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Le Manior Aux Quat Saisons - There are not enough superlatives to describe just how good the food, service, gardens and manor house is.

I am a truly lucky woman to have been treated to this experience by my husband for my birthday. We stayed in the Dovecot - very romantic and the bathroom has a huge wow factor.

The staff were very friendly and service was excemplary. The gardens beautiful. Now on to the food. We have been very fortunate to have dined at several Michelin star restaurants but Le Manoir stands head and shoulders above any other - the food was the best I have ever tasted in my life and everything was just perfect.

We were very lucky to meet Raymond Blanc and he was charming, warm and welcoming and took the time to chat to us. The icing on the cake for our visit.

Yes it is very expensive but worth every penny as the memories of the experience will remain with you forever. A truly magical experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in April 2010 and posted a review on this excellent hotel. We had intended to visit Oxford City Centre but never left the hotel grounds as they were so pleasant and the weather was warm and sunny. This year we returned to Oxford and stayed centrally so we could sightsee (see our further review on the city centre hotel we stayed in ). We went to Le Manoir for lunch taking a limo from Oxford (M Cars) which cost £32 one way and was excellent. Again the service and food at Le Manoir was excellent. We chose from the al a carte menu and started with lobster, followed by Cornish Sea Bass and then desserts - one fruit ravioli and a platter of chocolate desserts. Coffee in the lounge finished off an excellent meal.
The weather was not as kind as last year so we couldnt make use of the garden but we see they have planted a new orchard which should compliment the hotel grounds.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 44 in Oxford
The Oxford Belfry
The Oxford Belfry
#2 of 2 in Milton Common

Been to Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons? Share your experiences!