My boyfriend and I stayed at Le Manoir last Friday night. My sister was having her wedding there so we stayed along with my parents. It was an absolutely magical place and the staff are fantastic nothing is too much trouble.
Our room was Orchid. It was lovely, very English with the cutest bathroom, the shower is very much a power shower! The room is kitted out with all the latest technology, good size TV on the wall, Bose cd player and Ipod dock, complimentary wifi plus all the luxury features that you expect from such a hotel, such as fluffy towels and bathrobes, slippers, delicious fresh fruit, port, still and sparkling water and divine bathroom products. My sister stayed in Snow Queen which was just beautiful, it was a very generous size and the bathroom had a double shower and large bath. My parents stayed in Passionflower which was also very nice. Both of these rooms were in the courtyard and had private terraces. Orchid is in the main house on the first floor.
We arranged for tea to be brought to our room on Saturday morning at 8.30am before breakfast, I had English breakfast and my boyfriend Peppermint which they infuse themselves. Reception called a few minutes before it arrived to say it was on its way and they brought it in on a silver tray with little biscuits. We then joined my parents for breakfast about 9.30am. What a treat, the spread was just fantastic. All sorts of fresh fruit, two types of fresh fruit salad (one with sugar and one without), yoghurt, all sorts of different milks, plus cheeses and cold meats with different types of breads. Then there were the various Danish pastries, so yummy! We then had cooked items, my mother and I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with caviar, my boyfriend had eggs Benedict and my father had smoked haddock in a mustard sauce. There were also fresh fruit juices, tea’s, coffee and hot chocolate available to drink. Highly recommend the apple juice!
We then took our drinks on the terrace in the gardens as it was such a lovely day and the sun was shining. The gardens are absolutely stunning and well worth spending some time walking around them.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I have stayed in numerous luxury hotels in the UK and abroad and I can stay without hesitation this is the most wonderful place for a weekend away. I appreciate that it is not cheap but it is very much a hotel that is perfect for a special occasion, an anniversary or birthday for example and it is well worth every penny.
Also if you are thinking of having a wedding here - do it is just the perfect setting.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and have a look through my photos for pictures of the three rooms and the grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of the country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen-and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School-with ultra-fresh, organic produce, ensuring the Michelin-star restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Great Milton, Oxfordshire, England