“Sunday carvery”

Add it.
The West Coast restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The West Coast Restaurant is a family friendly restaurant, situated on the scenic west coast of Guernsey, overlooking Perelle Bay. We offer a superb lunch and dinner menu as well as a carvery every Sunday. We also specialize in catering for any function, with private rooms available, outdoor seating areas and large gardens.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am very sad that as a local I need to write this review. Sunday 3rd June I and my wife went to the west coast restaraunt I was very dissapointed with the food. Very basic the gravy was like water the carvery was rubbish the food was not seasoned it was a big mistake to go there.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We decided to treat ourselves to a meal out a few Saturday's ago and were disappointed with our meal.
We had a two course meal. We were served bread with no butter and had to wait 40 minutes for our main course. When I asked for a second slice of bread, I later found out we had been charged £1.95 for the extra two slices and no apology for the initially missing butter by this waitress (the waiter did however apolgise later).
The main courses were good, we had the Salmon and the Moules.
The desserts were poor. An over cooked Creme Brulee and a Blueberry White Chocolate cheesecake. The blueberry was an over set bland jelly on top of a cheesecake that had only the faintest of chocolate taste on a soggy biscuit base. Not very indulgent. I must say that the sorbet was very good though.

The setting should prove a success, but the karaoke from the bar (no door) spoilt any atmosphere you would like.

Plenty of other places to try before returning. A shame.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

This restaurant has had a tremendous make over recently. Seeing the decor previously we decided to go on Valentines night. Only to meet up with friends unexpectedly. The food was extremely good and very reasonably priced. Staff were very smart and attentive. Well worth a visit. Having since heard their Sunday Carvery is a sell out. I would advise booking first.