“interesting bistro style cafe- all special dietry needs catered for- lovely home cooked food!”
Review of Glass Onion Cafe

Glass Onion Cafe
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Denbigh
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: A small, friendly cafe offering a place to meet, relax, watch the world go by & enjoy tasty home cooked food ... and find out a little more about Denbigh & our Local Area. We don't serve 'fast food', but we do serve tasty fresh food as fast as we can. Please be aware that during busy times there may be a wait. We offer vegetarian, gluten & dairy free options - please let us know of any dietary requirements - we'll do our best to cater for you. For our 'Younger Customers' - we offer a smaller portion form our menu or a 'Picnic Plate' - choose from a selection of ham, chicken, tuna, cheese, eggs, salad/vegetable pieces, fruit, crisps, bread/toast....& more!! With a fruit juice, milk or milk shake!! (highchair & booster seat available) Can't stay? Take it away! Telephone orders welcome... delivery available too!! Outside Catering...From a platter of freshly made sandwiches to something more elaborate, we would love to assist you with any catering requirements you may have at your home, venue or office.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been meaning to visit this place since it opened and finally got round to it recently. I have so been missing out. Sue is a lovely lady and I love the music played in the cafe. Great healthy home cooked menu and if it's not to your taste, no worries, whatever you order can be tweaked to your requirements. Nothing is too much trouble. I love all the creative crafty items on show too. Will go back and browse when I have more time. Lots of 'what's on' leaflets around the place too. I had a lovely pear and cheese salad with a granary roll. The soup is home made and different every day. I promise I will be a regular from now on

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband & I visited Denbigh, Wales for shopping and sight seeing. We became hungry and saw a sign for the Glass Onion Café on the Back Row with homemade food & decided to find it to eat lunch. It was easy to find and there were several people sitting at tables in front of the café so we decided to go in for a bite to eat. The café was full of charm and character with lots of things to look at while we waited for our food which was delivered quickly.

My husband had the soup for the day which was Carrot and Celery with a Granary Bread Roll. I had a Stilton, Pear, & Walnut Salad. For dessert we had Rhubarb Crumble with Ice Cream. The food was delicious. The waiter was friendly and the cheerful owner talked to us about her business. We enjoyed her humming to the music as she prepared our meal. The atmosphere on this rainy day was warm and inviting. Overall, the Glass Onion impressed us and we certainly would recommend it to anyone visiting Denbigh.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Sue's cafe looks like it might have been transplanted from the continent, such is its unusual frontage. Don't worry though, nothing pretentious going on here. Real food, great prices, and a bubble, charismatic owner. You might have to look hard to find it, but it's worth the hunt. Ten out of ten for this place.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Been here a couple of times really like colours and design of the place, it's got real character and charm. I had a chorizo, mozzarella and tomato panini which you can't get anywhere around here. There was a good menu and great specials black board. Only problem is there's not enough tables for all their customers.

I would recommend anyone with taste to go there.

1  Thank bobfrey
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We received such a lovely welcome at this place. Our hostess went above and beyond, she was happy to russle anything up for her customers. Big portions. A lovely introduction to the town.