“Best Sunday lunch in ages!!!”
Review of The Kinmel Arms

The Kinmel Arms
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Denbigh
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cosy pub with separate dining room in North Wales village of Llandyrnog.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a last minute reservation for early yesterday for Sunday lunch for 10 of us. We had heard that the establishment had recently changed hands and after previous poor experience thought we would give it a try again. I am so glad we did! I am currently battling cancer and through my chemo treatment have been very sick and unable to eat most times, but this week I have been able to regain some appetite and all I wanted was a fresh, hot, home cooked roast dinner. Normally we have to travel to 20-30 minutes from Denbigh to get this (which includes the "must have" mash for me), but not anymore!!! The Kinmel Arms has not only had a facelift of the dining room and a lot of money spent on the children’s play area, but the food was delicious and EXACTLY what I wanted!!

I can taste a frozen spud or bit veg a mile away when I'm given it which always lets a Sunday dinner down for me when eating out, but the Sunday lunch at the Kinmel Arms was ALL home made, from the mouth watering roasties and mash to the yorkshire puddings and even the veg tasted amazing!!

The staff were mainly bubbly, friendly and very helpful. They even allowed us to swap and change parts of the menu to suit our children’s tastes – thank you.

We had a wonderful family lunch out on a beautiful day with amazing food which was just what I needed. We will definitely be returning again and again now we have this only 5 minutes from us

2  Thank wgirl

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a really nice meal here, tasty local food and kids' portions were massive and very well priced. The pheasant stew was extra yummy!

1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everything you'd want from a local pub.

Excellent friendly service, great choice of fantastic locally sourced food (we asked and they were full of information about the food) and welcoming andclean! I will be returning!!

1  Thank Dotty247
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Eaten here on Saturday and several recommendations, and it did not dissapoint, following an exceptional pint or two on arrival in a traditional bar in front of the fire, we were later seated in a pleasant dinning room, and promplty served a delcious starter and main course. The wine list was adequate, and very fairy priced. Unfortunately there was no way we could have managed a desert, which was a shame as the menu looked superb.

All in all, the food was far over and above the pub grub prices being charged, I am not keen to recommend resteraunts just in case......but I won't hesiate with this one!!!

2  Thank G3KMC
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Fantastic Sunday lunch the meat was especially tender. The service was attentive and friendly, the pub and toilets are very clean. Great to see a busy lively pub these days. I will definitely return next time I'm on North Wales

1  Thank Green0s