“Best evening food in Denbigh!!”

Guildhall Tavern Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 7 Denbigh B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We are regular visitors of the Guildhall Tavern Restaurant and can not recommend it enough! We have dined several times both lunch and evening and can say that the ambience, quality of food and services are excellent! We always find the staff are polite and friendly and the food is absolutley mouth watering good!! It is so nice to have fine dining food in a relaxed atmosphere on our doorstep! A three course meal with drinks and liquors cost us £60 - very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wgirl

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Stayed here for two nights last week. Stayed in the Ostler room which was a good size, modern, comfortable and had a decent sized bathroom with nice toiletries. The only slight criticism was that the room overlooked the square which was a bit noisy due to people constantly pulling up in their cars to use a cash machine.
Breakfast was good and we also had two evening meals there which we enjoyed - can recommend the steak and ale casserole.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angel57
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We ate here on a Saturday lunchtime. There were aprox 4 tables ordering food and the kitchen did n ot seem to cope. We waited for 3/4 hour for sandwiches and chips. When they came, we were very disapointed with the lack of flavour. I had the smocked salmon sandwich, which did not have the correct dressing, but I did not want to send it back as I was too hungry and feared how long it would take to come back to our table!!! The chips were nice and chunky, however I am a big fan of ketchup and covered them in what can only be described as Red Vinagre! I have eaten here once before, and we pre ordered our food before arriving as we were in a big party. On this occasion the food was ok (ish), but again we waiting a long time for it to arrive, and we had to wait quite a long time between people's food arriving. All in all I would not recommend this venue, or return.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Curly82
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I was looking for somewhere romantic to celebrate my one year anniversary with my boyfriend and came across Guildhall Tavern on this site. I'm so glad I picked this place because the hotel,restaurant & staff are absolutely wonderful. I booked pretty last minute and was enquiring about any offers they may have. Due to availability, they offered to upgrade me to a suite for the price of a classic room!! However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we could only stay for one night rather than the original two that I had paid for, so when I called up the receptionist was really nice about it. They couldn't give me a refund on my deposit as it was less than 24hrs but I could spend the money on dinner/breakfast/drinks in the hotel instead (I was planning on that anyway so it was no big deal). The Dinbych suite we stayed in was absolutely beautiful, very roomy with an amazing four poster bed & a clawfoot bathtub in the 2-persons bathroom. They also provided complimentary sherry/tea/biscuits in the room too. The highlight of this trip for me was the dining experience. We were absolutely blown away by the food and would definitely travel far just to eat here again. I highly recommend this place and we would definitely be making regular trips back as it is truly unique.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nina8610
Reviewed February 10, 2011

North Wales is wonderful in a 70s way except when it comes to food. It is a land ruled by over priced tea shops and doilies. A place where a really grim sandwich limed with value margerine and green boiled eggs will set you back the best part of a tenner. So hurrah for the Guildhall, at last, at last. My enthusiasm knows no bounds. A beautiful renovation, great wine and good straightforward delicious food at such a reasonable price. I am so happy that this place exists. My only plea, please sell crisps, they could always be cool crisps.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank William M
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This recently renovated historic building combines the feel of a boutique hotel upstairs, with a gastropub downstairs. The service was top notch, the food was good, and the breakfast of a high quality.

All the rooms have been tastefully decorated, with plenty of eye catching historical features, quality toiletry's, and a good selection of teas, coffee, hot chocolate and mineral water. If you're in the area the restaurant is worth checking out, and the bar has a selection of real ales. As we were still in the area we returned for a good value lunch the next day.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KennethMcG
Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you're looking for open fires, a historic building, great food, refurbished rooms and a fantastic bar then this is the place. To top things, the staff went out of their way to help us and even offered their services as a taxi service to pick us up from a wedding where due to the snow, the official taxi companies refused to go. A real gem and would make a great base for a relaxing weekend away in beautiful North Wales.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends