“Lovely place to stay”
Review of Castle House B&B

Castle House B&B
Ranked #3 of 7 Denbigh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed with our baby for the weekend, visiting friends in Denbigh for a Halloween party. This is a truly lovely place to stay. Great room, freindly service and the breakfast was also just great!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Castle House B&B

Reviewed November 14, 2010

I've just returned from visiting an old friend in Denbigh and had to good fortune to find this amazing B & B. This is my first time to write a review, and felt compelled to write having spent this weekend in the very capable hands of Angie and Charlie. The warmest of welcomes greeted my mother and I in the most amazing period country house retreat. We both stayed in one of the cottages, which was country house chic in every respect to the finest detail. The food, the service and the location was simply amazing. I'm a coeliac and loved that I could be catered for without the slightest of fuss. The cottage was so cosy and warm with a fire lit in the log burning grate to greet us. We also dined in the house and had dinner there with friends, with a home cooked delicious meal prepared and served with everything you'd expect from a top class restaurant with a warm and inviting atmosphere. This place is a real find !.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2010

On arrival I immediately felt welcomed into Ali & Charlie's 'home'. Nothing was too much trouble and the service was discreet and engaging. My room was beautifully decorated and had everything in it that I might have forgotten to pack. The evening meal, booked in advance and shared with friends, was delicious. Behind the scenes Ali & Charlie work extremely hard to maintain professional atttention to detail coupled with an innately natural cheerful warmth and generous hospitality. This was my first visit to Denbighshire and I was very lucky to experience it in all its stunning autumnal glory, I will certainly return to Castle House.

Denbighshire was

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed at the Castle House B & B whilst attending a family memorial service. Angie & charlie were the perfect hosts, welcoming, friendly & with exceptional service. Nothing was too much trouble. We dined at the house on the friday evening & the meal wouldn't have been out of place at one of the local top eating establishments. Whilst staying there we felt so at home it didn't really feel like a commercial establishment. We would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good service, luxury accommodation & stunning views.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank maggie186406
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at Castle House for two nights as we were in dire need of some pampering - mission accomplished! Set on the top of the hill overlooking Denbigh, amongst ancient ruins, the B&B has probably the most stunning view I've ever experienced in a hotel - we immediately felt like we had 'got away from it all'. Charlie & Angie are charming hosts who put you completely at ease - we enjoyed talking to them so much, but didn't find them in any way intrusive - they were there when you needed them & disappeared when you didn't! Our room was the magnificent Dudley - four poster bed, roll top bath & a loo with a view! It was so luxurious we had to force ourselves to leave it & looked forward to coming back to it at the end of the day. All the other rooms in the hotel are similarly stylish - really beautifully decorated with some lovely touches which make you feel special like a glass of delicious port & fresh apples. If I had to pick pick pick then I'd say the only thing that could be improved, and I mean the ONLY thing, would be a slightly better range of toiletries - some body lotion & perhaps hair conditioner would have been nice, but obviously not necessary & certainly didn't ruin our enjoyment! Denbigh itself is historic and picturesque with some nice pubs & places to grab a bite to eat - we enjoyed the Guildhall Tavern's food very much. Included in the price of your stay at Castle House is a pass to use the facilites at the nearby (2 miles-ish) Springs Spa which I can't recommend highly enough. The hydro pool is spectacular - the floor is a work of art. We also booked in for a massage each - extra cost but well worth it as it was excellent. We left Denbigh feeling truly relaxed & cared for - thank you very much!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I've stayed in a few small luxury boutique hotels but this "B&B" was the most welcoming, luxurious and boutique like I've stayed in.

The hosts were lovely - like being welcomed home by your mum & dad. We arrived in the dark so when we drew back the curtains the next morning I was breathless to see the uninterrupted view across the valley to the mountains and the mist sitting in the bottom with trees poking through it. The would have been enough for the weekend but everything was perfect.

We had privacy when we wanted it, the lushest dressing gowns and towels I've ever experienced ...and I do have fetish for cosy dressing gowns. The hotel was spotless, the sheets, pillows and duvets were so soft, the poached egg was perfect. I could go on for ever. It was so quiet we could leave the window open all night and I don't know if the hosts had individually muffled each bird, but they were even respectfully quiet at dawn.

I will return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Fantastic views, plush and comfortable room. Invigorating Buck Fizz for breakfast followed by smoke salmon and scrambled egg - just what the doctor ordered. Extremely helpful and friendly owners.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denbigh
Ruthin Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Denbigh
Oriel Country Hotel & Spa
Oriel Country Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in St. Asaph

Been to Castle House B&B? Share your experiences!