“Friendly service and very comfortable”

Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Northop
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel itself is a little dated but is clean and the beds are extremely comfortable with lovely clean linen. The staff were extremely friendly and interested in why we were visiting Deeside. Ideal location to access Deeside. Despite being next to the motorway it is very quiet. Easy to find.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We turned up late and tired - staff were friendly and helpful - our room was spacious and clean, but as soon as we settled for the night we were aware of a thundering noise outside. We looked out the window where we saw four large industrial fans in housings that turned all night. We hardly had any sleep and our daughter had an audition that day and Chester University. When I paid for the room, I was asked how it was and I said okay the room was good but we were kept awake all night by the fans. She just shrugged and said 'oh' and that was it. We definately would not stay here again. My advice is - the rooms are good but find out where your room is and have one the other side of the building.

Room Tip: Find out what side the fans are and choose a room the other side of the building
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia P
CHEUK_Response_from, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Julia P

Thank you for your recent review further to your visit to my Hotel on Friday 17th January.

It was kind of you to comment upon the friendly staff that you met on your arrival just before midnight. I was delighted that you found your room to be spacious and clean.

However I am extremely sorry that your sleep was disturbed by the external air-conditioning unit below your room. The unit is scheduled to be switched off every evening and I will investigate as to why this did not happen on the evening of your stay.

I note that you are an IHG Rewards member and will be familiar with the standards provided by the company's hotels. With this in mind, may I trouble you to contact me personally should you be returning to Chester and I will be delighted to make the appropriate arrangements on your behalf.

Many thanks again.

Tony Horsfall
Owner Holiday Inn A55 Chester West

Reviewed January 24, 2014

It was a nice place to stay. Staff was helpfully and friendly. The reception was clean and tidy. Rooms were clean, had everything you need in their. It was nice and quiet. It was easy to find the hotel. would come back again and tell people about the hotel if they were staying in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel and rooms were clean. would say stay at the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Chain hotels can be unremarkable but the staff here make a difference to this well priced holiday inn. Would recommend for business and as base for exploring the area. Small problem with room was immediately sorted with very good humour. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Arrived at 2am after Irish Sea crossing and received a professional quick reception. Small-ish room with two double beds but we were only staying for some sleep before continuing on a long journey so no complaints for the £45 room rate. Clean bathroom and lovely quiet night's sleep at the back of hotel. Room nice and warm in the morning. We didn't stay for breakfast but quite a few guests were. I would stay again in the same circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We enjoyed one Saturday night stay in December. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient responding positively and helpfully to all our questions. There was a good choice at breakfast with a selection of fresh fruit, pastries plus the usual cooked items and cereals. Booking breakfast on arrival saved £2 each on the standard price of £10.95.
The room was clean and well appointed in the style found in most Holiday Inns and similar hotel chains. The one negative point was a faint smell of smoke in our room.
The hotel can only be accessed from the west bound carriageway of the A55 which adds at three or four miles extra motoring if needing to approach from the east or leave to the west.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is exactly what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn; clean, good quality and good value for money. However, I found it almost impossible to find. My satnav couldn't find it, despite having the postcode, and when I located it by driving along the A55, I realised that you can only access it from one carriageway. If on the other side, you end up with a massive detour. Not sure why my satnav was unable to locate it (it kept taking me to a village about 3 miles away, but it checked the postcode online).

This all meant that I was tired and slightly stressed by the time I arrived; the friendly staff couldn't have been more helpful though and I was soon in my cosy room.

Not sure I'd stay here again, just because of the problems accessing the hotel, though others may not have had the same experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda1892
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Linda1892,

I appreciate that you took the time to review our property. I regret the trouble you experienced locating our facility. Despite this, it is nice to receive a 5 star rating for the service you received from our staff.

We hope that you can give us another opportunity to host you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northop
Village Hotel Chester St David's
Travelodge Chester Northop Hall
Beaufort Park Hotel
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South

Been to Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)? Share your experiences!