Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
$84
$78
Priceline
Travelodge Chester Northop Hall(Northop Hall)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelodge
$111
Springfield Hotel & Health Club(Pentre Halkyn)
$76
Plas Hafod Hotel(Gwernymynydd)
$104
Soughton Hall(Northop)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsexecutive roomtwo double bedsservice stationroad noiseservice areacosta coffeeamerican dinergood sizeironing boardplenty of parkingfamily roomdual carriagewaytea and coffeemini fridgesky sportsbiscuitscurry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

i recently attended a wedding at the vivaldi suite at this hotel and i was very impressed with the overall occasion the food was execlent as was the attitude of all the staff i would definatly reccommend this venue to others

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed here as a base to explore Chester and the surrounding area. We had a very pleasant stay, the staff were very helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean. We would definitely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A grubby, outdated and depressing hotel. Bedside shelves were filthy, the bin in the bathroom was so dirty. The bed was so low and so soft I couldn't sleep all night. The noise level outside due to a main road was unbearable. The dinner was disgusting and I was ill all night. This was one of the worst Holiday Inns I have ever stayed in and my husband is a Platinum Member so we have visite a few. Do not recommend it and would rather stay in a Premier Inn or Travelodge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kamilla T
MJSCHEUK, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Kamilla T

I was so disappointed to read your review of my hotel

It is with further regret that I am unable to trace your booking and therefore I am not in a position to inspect the bedroom which you occupied or comment on your restaurant meal .

As a general principle I can confirm that I have been speaking today with our bed / mattress supplier to confirm our requirements for purchasing new stock this summer . Also I can assure you that I have invested significantly in superior glazing to improve sound insulation to which so many previousl;y positive guest reviews have referred .

I would sincerely appreciate you contacting me via my e-mail , gm@holidayinnchesterwest .co.uk , in order that I can carry out a thorough investigation .

Sincerely , Tony Horsfall

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had to wait at reception for nearly 10 minutes before someone came to the desk, which was not the greatest of starts. However, this was soon made up by the friendliness of the staff. The room was a typical Holiday Inn room and fine for a 2 night stay. It is only 15 minutes from here to the nearest park and ride for Chester which was good and staright out onto the A55 for North Wales. Breakfast was fine although leaving kidneys under a warming lamp is not a good idea as they more closely resembled road chippings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MJSCHEUK, Manager at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

May I immeditely thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete your review.

I have been unable to trace the date of your arrival and therefore at a loss to explain why you should have had to wait to check in. If you could advise us by contacting maria@holidayinnchesterwest.co.uk, I may be able to determine if there were any particular issues appertaining at this time.

It was generous of you to praise the friendliness o our staff, the quality of the bedroom and the conveniet location relative to Chester and North Wales, for which I am extremely grateful. In addition I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast which regularly receives complimentary reviews. Your description of kidneys was the subject of review this morning with the breakast team who considered it fairly accurate. As a consequence we have reviewed both the preparation and the presentation of this very popular item and will monitor the quality until we are satisfied with the standard.

Many thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Tony Horsfall
Hotel Director

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel on two occasions over New Year's Eve 2011 and 2012. We had an enjoyable time, rooms were very comfortable with plenty of space. Breakfast was very tasty and plentiful and it was a very relaxed affair so we took our time. We decided to go back to the Holiday Inn for an evening meal together with 3 other couples as we don't live very far away. The menu was very comprehensive and we took our time to make our selections. We all ate 3 courses and each course served was a large portion, so much so that some of the group had difficulty completing their meals. A few of us had the Eton Mess dessert which was gorgeous. The staff were very attentive and pleasant. We will definitely return for another meal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends