“What a difference a year makes!”
Review of The Boot Inn

The Boot Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Northop
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Boot Inn Northop is a traditional Pub and restaurant serving quality Food and traditional ales.
North Wales
“What a difference a year makes!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a meal twelve months ago and I could sum the whole experience up in one word-dire! I saw on TripAdvisor that it was under new ownership and decided to give it another try and I am so glad I did.Went with three friends and had a lovely evening.The food was hot,plentiful and delicious.The staff were attentive and friendly and the owner hovered making sure everyone was happy.
Would I recommend The Boot Inn at Northop-yes I would.Will I return for another helping of the biggest sausage,onion gravy and mash-yes I will.

2 Thank Welshflower

North Weald, United Kingdom
“my 2nd try at a 70th birthday meal!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband's better choice after Llandudno! You have to book as its only a small restaurant, but well worth the visit. The food was excellent, Well worth the money and must admit we indulged in desserts as well! The staff were very welcoming and friendly. We ordered our meal while having a drink and were soon shown to our table. Cannot fault any of it. that good we booked for the next night as well! AND still just as good. would recommend it to anybody looking for friendly staff, good food at reasonable prices and a friendly atmosphere

Chester, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My partner and I visited the Boot Inn last Sunday. We received a very warm welcome from the lady behind the bar who showed us to our table after serving us our drinks. The menu was limited but we couldn't fault the choices we made. The food was well presented, well cooked and very hot. The price was very reasonable too - 2 courses for £11.50.

Would we visit the Boot Inn again - definitely!

Northop
“The Brilliant Boot”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have recently come home to Northop for a short holiday and have been spending some time with my family.
We decided to have a family night together at the Boot and booked a table for 7 to commence dining at 7 pm.
The food that was served was absolutely fantastic and served promptly with everybody receiving their food at the same time. We all had ordered different starters and main courses but everyone of us was united in saying that everything about the whole dining experience had been first class.
I have been going to the Boot for many years and I have to say this is the best I have ever experienced this fine old village pub.
Both Simon and Jon have put a lot of effort to achieve the consistently high standard of food, drink and overall quality of service.
The staff all work with a smile on their faces and it is very easy to feel relaxed and welcome to be there, enjoying the superb atmosphere that is unique to a traditional village pub such as the Boot.
Finally, the recent refurbishment has made a real improvement and further complements the standard of service quality you can now experience at the establishment. A real pleasure.

1 Thank Bill B
jon n, Owner at The Boot Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Bill,
Thanks for your kind review of the Boot. its also so good to hear from customers who have been visiting the boot for many years are enjoying the changes we have made and also appreciate what we are trying to do here. We are so pleased you all enjoyed your meals, both myself and Lou who works with me in the kitchen try our best to make sure the food we serve is to everyone's liking without being over complicated, fussy or pretentious, real honest fayre, just like it should be.

Im sure the all of the staff will also be pleased that you enjoyed your experience and its nice to know that they are all enjoying what they do, and that this is conveyed to the customer, i will pass on your compliments.

Finally may we thank you once again for taking time to tell others about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Boot very soon.
Mold, United Kingdom
“Dropped in for a quick drink stayed all night”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having been out for the day with relations over for a weekend break we decided to call in for a drinks in the afternoon having looked at the menu we booked a table for the evening as it looked a good choice.We arrived and where shown to our table in the dining room which I thinks is great with all the old maps as the wallpaper and the photographs of the places where I grew up.all the courses we had where very good as we all had the black pudding starter .then for mains its was 1 had a vegitarian meal the rest had steaks all wel lcooked to our liking,I was the only one to have a sweet .the beers where all cask that we drank so cannot comment on the others but we could have drunk all night, would recommend to friends with no problem at all a good night out.

• Visited May 2013
jon n, Manager at The Boot Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for the review, sorry for the delay in posting this reply.

We are really pleased to learn that after your afternoon visit liked it enough to stay on and dine in the evening. After our extensive refurbishment the restaurant is really cosy and welcoming and hopefully you all felt welcome and relaxed. Im so pleased we were able to fit you in on that particular evening, as i keep stressing again in these reviews booking really is essential at a weekend as we can get rather busy and we hate to turn tables and rush you, i trust this was not the case and your evening was a relaxed and enjoyable one.

Thanks for taking the time to review us, hopefully next time your visiting your relatives you may call call in again.