All reviews swimming pool old building stayed here for one night old coaching inn would stay again hotel restaurant attic room lovely town decent size every member of staff breakfast was excellent walking the offa's dyke path lovely hotel relaxed atmosphere black pudding an evening meal well worth a visit
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Very fast service and very nice food. We all had the roast beef dinner and it was very tasty but I did feel the beef let it down somewhat as it tasted and had the texture of beef roll rather than proper beef. Apart from that extremely good meal but a little pricey

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night for a business meeting, lovely historic location. The hotel is an old building with all the quirks you would expect. Staff were very welcoming and my room was comfortable and fit for purpose. Bar is good with nice seating area by the fire. Dinner was decent made with local ingredients and breakfast was also very good, cooked to order. Hope to stay again and take the opportunity to explore the local area in more detail.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for just 1 night. Hotel owned by local families and has really nice feel about it. Staff are friendly. Room was comfortable and had good sleep. Food was OK but bit disappointing...perhaps it was Saturday night rush? Breakfast was fine....liked the kippers!! I wish the owners good luck. Historical hotel in a lovely town.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2019

What a lovely hotel full of character and charm. The first thing I noticed when going to our room was how clean everything smelled. Our room overlooked the square, not particulary large but perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. The bathroom was quite large, very clean with a bath and a shower. I couldn't quite get the shower to work but the bath was fine. I would recommend for a weekend break, some nice walks and a lovely on ite restaurant. The bar was reasonably priced too.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2019

My wife and I stayed at the Dragon at the end of December 2018 for a couple of nights break. We had not stayed in Montgomery for about 8 years when we stayed in a nearby B&B . We had visited the Dragon then for a meal one evening and vowed we would never return as it was dire and the then owners seemed not to be bothered about anything.

My word what a world apart the Dragon now is. Our stay was wonderful and the restaurant meals are fabulous. The food is of excellent quality and the staff are very helpful. Plus they support the local 'Montys' brewery and also have other regional ales on tap in the now extended and refurbished bar.

Our whole stay was lovely and we will definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing break in the Welsh Borders.

We have now vowed to come back to the Dragon soon for another hopefully lovely break. Thanks to all at the Dragon.

Date of stay: December 2018