“The cute lil cafe”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It is in a really nice location and surroundings, the food was very nice and the cute shop at the front fitted perfectly, but was a little disappointed with the service as it was very slow as we were waiting for ages and a feel that its a little over priced for what we ordered. But despite the price and the wait I kinda enjoyed my visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I love the Castle Kitchen! We live about 45 minutes away but I can usually find an excuse to call in. Lovely for tea and home made cakes or home cooked lunches with locally produced ingredient. Alice and staff are helpful and friendly and there is a small deli incorporated in the cafe so you can buy lovely stuff to take home too. This visit I had the roasted pepper salad which was divine and I can never resist their scones (fruit or cheese & herb). The soup is always a good bet and everything comes beautifully presented with interesting salad and garnishes. There are outside tables if you have your dog with you too. Looking forward to my next visit already!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Wonderful cakes, scones - excellent service and we sat outside under the grapevines! A real gem and will go back again

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Castle Kitchen in Montgomery is well worth a drive from Ludlow for lunch and that says something!

The kitchen is simply one of the nicest café's I've ever eaten at and I cannot praise the delicious dishes enough. From quiche of the day, a good range of soups, specials and even their ham sandwiches the food is well presented, tasty and served in a homely café with large garden seating area to the rear. I've never been disappointed by anything served at the café, their home made cakes are a delight, the sandwiches are on well made 'real' bread and even the ham is award winning. I would recommend the quiches and can safely say that the Victoria sandwich is delicious! Even cakes which aren't to my taste look lovely and the prices are very reasonable too.

The café is complemented by a small delicatessen style shop at the front and you can take away if the weather permits a stroll and a picnic at the nearby castle.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Lovely lunch stop in Montgomery whilst touring Mid-Wales...we had very tasty home made "spicy butternut squash" and "Fennel and apple" soup with homemade cheese scones, it was delicious! We also bought a "Barabrith" cake from the shop on the way out to have later with tea.