“Respite from the travelling world”
Review of Fairyhill

Fairyhill
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Reynoldston
Reviewed July 1, 2014

A month into our long trip and we come to Fairyhill on the Gower peninsular. What a delight, a wonderful setting, tranquility and generous hosts. Our room is super-sized with all possible amenities. It's only one night but we feel all the stresses of travel falling away as if by magic. And we haven't even got to dinner yet, the speciality of the hotel. It did not disappoint. He went with the pork belly and scallops and she went with the rabbit. Both were quite excellent. The owner is also a wine merchant so you will know we were able to find an excellent Bordeaux at a very reasonable price. Fairyhill was a high point in our travels. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AJ&ERtravel
There are newer reviews for Fairyhill

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked a table for 10 well in advance, this being an annual get-together of 5 couples. We ate dinner here on a Friday evening in early June. The choices were good, the service and food quality excellent. The table was beautifully set, and they coped with a group of 10 very easily.

A nice touch was that we had a room to ourselves for pre-dinner drinks. When we had made the booking, we had asked about local taxi companies, and their advice was good. I would really recommend Fairyhill for a special meal. As a group of 10 we have eaten in many smart restaurants over the years, including Michelin starred ones, and Fairyhill comes out in our top 3. To get a flavour of what their food is like, see their website and sample menus.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've given up reviewing the average on this site: all those Beefeaters and Premier Inns and so forth - they will all do in their own way but I'm bored of writing about purple rooms and adequate chips.

As such therefore I have this year only been reviewing the good and the bad and - frankly - there's been a lot more of the latter lately.

Therefore when I come across a truly excellent restaurant (as was the use I put this hotel to) I am minded to shout it from the rooftops.

The food at this place is exceptional and (to London wallets) very good value.

For my wife's birthday we booked lunch and although we were late (got lost) the staff were as friendly and welcoming as you could ever hope to expect.

Food superb - salmon and scrambled egg for starter followed by a lovely steak for mains. It came with a bernaise that smelt superb but I hardly touched that because the steak itself was so superb saucing it would have been like whitewashing a da Vinci fresco.

Desert was an excellent homemade brownie and coffees came with some beautiful petit fours.

My only regret is that I was driving and therefore could not fully avail myself of the excellent wine list. However they did have a super Burgundy available in a half bottle so I could at least have myself a very decent glass.

In all superb and one day I will come back and use it as a hotel as well.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Octopia
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My friend and I needed a relaxing week away from our stressful lives and we found peace and tranquility here at Fairyhill. Andrew and Paul, together with their wonderful team, spoilt us during our whole stay here! They also welcomed my two dogs who were allowed to roam the 24 acres of gardens. The ambience is sublime and the service from every member of the team was excellent. We enjoyed superb breakfasts, lunches and dinners not to mention indulging in the amazing selection of wines. The little touches in the rooms such as fresh fruit, etc. and the high standard of housekeeping add to the experience.

My friend and I also took advantage of the indulgent treatments such as massages, which I highly recommend.

The location of the hotel means there are plenty of wonderful Gower beaches to enjoy and life here runs at a much more sedate pace!

I have already booked to return and would like to thank everyone at Fairyhill for making our stay so wonderful.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Makadoos
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is an amazing place in a fantastic location within the city boundary of Swansea. Set in extensive parklands on the Gower peninsula we love visiting this place, if only for an hour or two.

Today we had a fantastic meal. We did not order the dessert course as we were too full with the first two courses. For £27.50 for a three course lunch this was outstanding value.

We were here today to celebrate the 13th anniversary since we met - yes, we are romantics, and we love good food and great locations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GwynRoberts
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I was taken here for afternoon tea as a birthday treat. Unfortunately it was a massive let down and has to be the worst afternoon tea I have ever had in terms of quality and value for money. On a more positive note, I do think the hotel grounds looked peaceful and it was furnished to a decent standard. It is a shame that it's potential seems wasted. I would however like to give some constructive feedback:
Make a proper menu and give the customer more of a choice than just tea or coffee. Offer a range of tea and use leaf rather than tea bags.
Sort out your cream- order some proper Cornish clotted cream.
Don't serve crisps with you're sandwiches- it felt like a child's birthday buffet.
Get rid of that tart (which had not set) and add another scone.
Take the steps above and you may have something which resembles actual afternoon tea.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Miriam M
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location in an area of natural beauty (AONB,) friendly relaxed atmosphere,luxurious accommodation, first class cuisine & wine & charming staff The hotel is set in lovely grounds and is situated close to beautiful beaches and countryside on the Gower Peninsula.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank hagletgina45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reynoldston
Oxwich Bay Hotel
Norton House Hotel & Restaurant
The Mumbles Hotel
The Mumbles Hotel
#3 of 3 in Mumbles

Been to Fairyhill? Share your experiences!