“Unexpected delight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Machine House Restaurant

Machine House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving modern food in a modern relaxed environment.
Wales
“Unexpected delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was a very surprising to find such interesting food in this little restaurant. Staff were so friendly and helpful. No snobbishness about wine, just offered a good choice of wine by the glass. Locally produced food is the main theme and it was very carefully and imaginatively cooked. It is a bit dark inside, needed the candle to read the menu! The restaurant is behind the old Churton's restaurant, which was a bit surprising, as we thought that was where Machinehouse would be operating. There is a pretty little garden to which desperate smokers from a party upstairs, seem to spend the evening rushing outside to have a puff!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place, and it is an absolute gem.
The prices are a little higher than you may expect for a village restaurant, but are perfectly justifiable in this case.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank simonc506
Wales
“Amazing Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Visited the Machine House for the first time in May with my partner for a little treat, and what a treat it was !
From the moment we walked in the staff were very welcoming & warm, taking our coats, sitting us down etc & making the effort to talk to us which was really nice. Good customer service goes far and this is the best service we've had out of all the restaurants in the Wrexham/Chester area.
To start with I had Crab Bisque it was BEAUTIFUL, my partner had the asparagus & poached egg which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our mains were also very tasty and FULL of flavour! ..As for the desserts; Well that was the best Crème Brulee I've ever had!
To finish our meal my partner asked for an alcoholic drink which they didn't have but the waitress was quick to find an alternative that tasted even better, & also recommended I try a liqueur, called Merlyn which was heavenly! (If you like Baileys you would LOVE that)
I don't usually write reviews on Restaurants but felt I had to with this one, the front of house staff are amazing & should be very proud of themselves, their efforts didn't go unnoticed (especially the owners daughter, she was amazing with us) ! & The food , just beautifully presented and sooooo flavoursome! We will be going back without doubt .

One thing I can say is that If you go , you certainly won't be disappointed!

1 Thank RestandRelaxation88
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
“Great little resaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Friendly staff great locally produced food fish a speciality overall good value
Need to book for weekends

Visited May 2013
Rossett, United Kingdom
“My village restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have been here twice in the past two weeks and really love the place.
From outside it doesn't look much, but I think that is part of the charm. As you open the door you are greeted with a lovely smell - partly from the food and partly from the old building.
The staff are really welcoming, friendly and cannot do enough for you. I haven't got any further than the Rioja on the comprehensive wine list because it is such a good wine!
Menu choice is exactly what I like - not too much to overwhelm you but enough that there is something different to try each time. Cost-wise everything is as I would expect for this standard of food.
I look forward to many more visits and feel spoilt to have a restaurant like this on my doorstep.
(The photos do not do it justice!)