“Top Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rossett
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
“Top Wedding Venue”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Following our daughters wedding last Friday we would just like to Thank Ed and his team for a wonderful day. From first contact nearly 3 years ago nothing has been too much trouble.
From the ceremony to the reception everything was perfect, the staff were all very helpful and attentive and the food was outstanding.
The little touches just added to the wonderful experience.
We stay regularly in hotels throughout Wales and the breakfast the following morning was one of the best we have had and service like the previous day was exemplar.
If anyone is looking for a wedding venue then this is the perfect place, set in beautiful grounds for photos and a manager who genuinely cares.

Room Tip: All the guests staying said their rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

2 to 3 years ago I stayed at this hotel alot. This was my first stay since that time. The room I stayed in was to the standard I remember. Clean and tidy. A little tired around the edges but comfortable. For the money it is good value. The overall I was happy with the stay. HOWEVER, the service 1) struggled both evenings to get served at the bar 2) breakfast was a disaster. First morning the process of getting fed took 1 hr. Not kidding. No bowls for cereal, asking made no difference. Got a very unhappy reaction when I asked for kippers. Second morning, had to ask 3 times to place an order for a cooked breakfast. Waited half an hour. When it arrived it was cold and had no egg. Told it would be another 15 minutes to get the egg. Why no preprepared buffet? 3) finally, checkin before 1400 was not possible. I had to wait in the reception area until the clock chimed 2 before I could check in. The room was ready at 1330 when I arrived. All a little strict.

Room Tip: Do not take a room in the main building. They are old, small and noisey
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were undertaking a charity cycle ride from Wales to Colchester and I had booked dinner, bed & breakfast for 19 people. On approaching the hotel on our bikes, everyone was extremely impressed with the hotel and surroundings and the staff could not have been more co-operative, storing our cycles overnight inside the business centre. Dinner was served in the conservatory at one long table and the meal and service were excellent. Only disappointment was the spa - swimming pool very average and no jacuzzi (which I was looking forward to after 50 miles on a cycle). Unfortunately the weather was not great so we could not enjoy the lovely gardens but many of my group commented that they would return (without the bikes!!) as they had thoroughly enjoyed their stay. From my first contact with the hotel upto our departure I was extremely impressed with the friendly but effecient way in which our booking was handled. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynne L
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my 'husband to be' for a romantic weekend away after what felt like an age of searching through hotels in the area trying to find the right one for the right price.
I got quite a good price for this hotel - and when we got there I was not disappointed. It is a lovely building, drive up is lovey with random fake sheep on the lawn and a huge chess set. You really feel like you are in the middle of nowhere because all you can hear is birds! We got to reception and there was a nice lady there to greet us - then our room was very big with a lovely view and a bathtub to soak in. It was freezing in there but they were willing to go out of their way to make it more comfortable for us so that's fine. When the hot water is put on, a huge sound that sounds a bit like a rocket exploding runs through the walls - and you hear it when anyone else uses the hot water - so if you are a light sleeper this might not be the hotel for you.
That night though, we dined at the restaurant and the food was quite nice, but the price was absolutely heart breaking!! Having eaten in some really nice places, we feel that the food was nice but didn't warrant that sort of money so were quite upset. We ended up spending 90 quid on an average meal for 2. Also - considering we were spending that much, you would think that we would be waited on hand and foot. Oh no. We had to flag down waitresses and waiters wandering past who seemed to have no real interest in being in the room at all - and forget what you asked of them as soon as they leave so you end up having to order things several times before you actually get them.
If I would have known this about the restaurant, we would have gone elsewhere because it did put a dampener on our weekend together - so I tell you in order for it not to do the same for you! When you get the key for your room it has on it, "we trust that you will be dining at our restaurant" written in big writing - which I thought was quite rude really, considering we did and it was such a bad experience.
Generally though - do not let this detract from choosing this hotel because the actual hotel was perfect for what we wanted - and the pool/gym area is lovely and quiet, even on weekends.
Overall - a very good hotel to stay in if you have dining reservations elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberystwyth
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I am currently starting my fourth consecutive week at Llyndir Hall and I can only say that I am totally impressed by the service I have received from the staff in this cracking hotel. There is a view that a company's best asset is its workforce and this is certainly the case at Llyndir Hall, which is a great building in a beautiful setting.

Whilst it could be said that because I am booked into the hotel for five weeks it is natural for the staff to make a special effort it could also be argued that being here so long would highlight poor performance. My room (49) is excellent and affords comfort and peace. After three weeks the difference in the presentation of meals between the chefs is at times noticeable but this means that the quality ranges from good to superb with the latter adjective being the case on the vast majority of times. The breakfast menu is extensive and covers all tastes and needs although I thoroughly enjoy the kippers!

It has been noticeable that the staff regularly refer to customers by name which signals regular users, this in itself I suggest demonstrates an efficient service and value for money. Compared to other hotels I priced nearby this represents very good value for money. As I have already alluded to this hotel provides a peaceful setting for those wishing to work of an evening.

The accommodation and location make this an ideal base for business or pleasure and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this weekend break at the Llyndir for the Bank Holiday weekend. On driving up to the hotel the location and layout are very impressive especially as the weather was wonderful. We weren't told when we booked that there was a wedding and a christening taking place that Sunday. This didn't bother us until it became very clear that the majority of staff had been allocated to these 2 events. We were also allocated the disabled room (room 20). This room fell somewhat short of what we expected. It was at the back of the hotel on the ground floor and didn't get any sunlight. The only ceiling light was outside the bathroom so most of the room was badly lit. The covering of the bathroom light was hanging off. As a previous reviewer mentioned, this room is also next to a storage room and there was constant noise with staff moving tables etc.

On going into the bar for a pre-dinner drink, we found there were no staff available to serve us. We had to wait about 10 minutes before a waitress came through to serve us. She was also waiting on in the restaurant and splitting her time between the two. Not her fault! We found there was no choice on the menu, only the £34.95 menu. We ordered steak. Mine was fine, my husband left half of his as it was grisly and inedible. When we mentioned this, the waitress said she would "mention it to the chef". The following morning my breakfast was cold. The final straw - when we checked out we had been overcharged for items we hadn't had.

The hotel is in a lovely setting and parts of it are really comfortable. However, the service falls well short of what is expected. We won't be returning.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pat T
England
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We also had a one night stay on a dinner bed and breakfast package,
I only wish we could of stayed longer!
The staff were a credit to the Hotel nothing was to much trouble.
Check in was informative and gave a great start to what we found to be one of the most friendly Hotels you could wish for.
The room was excellent and spotless.
The Restaurant was a delight , my husband who is vegetarian and not one to fuss about going out for a meal finished the whole three courses off with delight.
The presentation was beautiful, and on the quiet, so the vegetarians do not hear me my steak was cooked to perfection! I would go as far as to say the best mouth watering steak I have ever had.
Hats off to the chef I say!
The staff deserve a pat on the back they make the hotel.
And my paper was outside my door the following morning.
Thank you all and hope to see you soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossett
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Rossett Hall Hotel
Rossett Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rossett
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
#3 of 10 in Wrexham
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Holt Lodge Hotel
Holt Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Holt

Been to Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South? Share your experiences!