“Overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rossett
York, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We experienced a very friendly and warm welcome from the staff. Clean, comfortable and spacious modern bedroom. The public rooms decor was well appointed. Gardens looked lovely at nightime with all the lighting and well looked after in daylight! We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others. We are looking forward to a return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Walsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just had a one night stay at this hotel, and had a very nice time. We stayed in the willow room which was a wonderful room, so big and it had a four poster bed, the room was just wonderful it overlooked the front gardens. The bathroom was huge with 2 sinks a corner whirlpool bath a separate shower cubicle. There was a caution hot water sign in between the 2 sinks if only this had been true there wasn't any hot water!! The shower cubicle was so small my husband found it hard to move once in there, the shower itself was difficult to control the water temperature and certainly wasn't a power shower. We had a meal in the restaurant and this was excellent so was the buffet breakfast next day. We found the drinks in the bar were expensive £9 for 2 small glasses of house wine, the bar man John was very pleasant, helpful and polite.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend rooms, orchid, willow, or beech.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TPlant
cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter on a mini break. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The bathroom was spacious and had an excellent shower. The breakfasts were superb, especially the sausages! We enjoyed a plesant evening in the bar, the food was well cooked and well presented. We enjoyed sitting in the garden even if the statues did remind us of the weeping angels from Dr Who! I would return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have just got back from a 3 night stay with my 2 children ( aged 12 and 9) and another family. The Hotel itself is lovely,a Beautiful Country house style building with nice decor and furnishings.When we checked in there had been a mix up with our friends booking(not the hotels fault but Best Westerns) The receptionist was very apologetic and sorted it out to our satisfaction. The room was huge with a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. The sheets and duvets were good quality and pilows were comfortable We did find the room very hot and stuffy and we had the windows open all through the night. I also found the lighting in the room very dim and had difficulty seeing what I was doing when it came to getting ready in the evening. But these are minor inconveniences. The breakfast was super and the staff in the dining room were lovely and really helpful,remembering what we had asked for from the previous day. All staff we encountered were friendly and polite. The Hotel is ideally situated for Chester and there are also some good pubs in the neighbouring villages. We ate at The Alyn which was great for families and very reasonable. Al in all a great break away.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hello there ,
may I just take this opportunity to thank all of your staff for a very pleasant stay at Llyndir Hall Hotel last week 18th Oct to 19th Oct , we only stayed the one night, two days , it was a "Spa Experience" which my Niece had bought as a Birthday treat for me , we used the pool in the afternoon which was lovely , we dined in the Hotel restaurant on the Thursday evening , the food was wonderful and the service was equally wonderful , the bedroom
was beautiful , clean and well serviced , the grounds were stunning and very well looked after , and I thought what a wonderful place for a wedding, I unfortunately am not able to walk far myself , but the lanes and countryside around the Hotel looked the ideal place for anyone who does , the following morning we decided to put the bags in the car first as we had an appointment for treatment in the Spa directly after breakfast , I walked with my Niece towards reception as she took the bags out to the car , but as I looked out I was stunned to see my car had a flat tyre at the rear , as my Niece knows absolutely nothing about cars and doesn't even drive I knew she would be of little help , I used to have no problems looking after my own car in my younger days, but at almost 70 and having had a triple bypass op it is not something I relish doing of late , however , as I was wondering what to do next , and without me saying a word , the young lady on reception ( LAURA ) then said , ...."oh is that your car , I noticed it had a flat , leave me your keys and go to breakfast, I will arrange for someone to change the tyre for you "... needless to say I was even more stunned and overjoyed at the offer of help , ......and she did just that !!!!, we came out of breakfast to find the spare on the car, and the punctured tyre neatly back in the boot , I cant tell you what a relief it was , but mostly it has restored my faith in ....
old British standards of good customer service, or in this case exceptional customer service.

As I used to be a customer service trainer , good customer service it is very close to my heart, and I get so disheartened by the falling standards and the decline of good service throughout the country of late , I am not expecting that everywhere I go I should receive such exceptional standards of service , nor do I want to be in a position that requires it , having said that,>> a smile , good eye contact ,and a pleasant attitude << cost nothing to provide , but makes all the difference and I would have written anyway to commend your company on the level of training of all of your staff and their attitude towards the public , they were all very pleasant , helpful , courteous and well presented , this extra occurrence was the icing on the cake.

I will be recommending Llyndir Hall Hotel to anyone and everyone, and indeed , the other hotels in your group ,and will most definitely re-visit Llyndir Hall in the near future if I can possibly manage it .

I sent this as a thankyou letter directly to the Hotel with the paragraph below added >>>>

I do have a computer and am on all the social networks, Facebook , Twitter etc , I could have very easily emailed this letter , but I thought such good old British standard of service deserved good old British standard of communication> Royal Mail , thank you all once again for everything .

Kind Regards
Marie x

Marie Yates

1 Thank Anne Y
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a quaint somewhat quirky hotel with wonderful decor to match. As you walk in the door the feeling is of an small 5 to 10 bedroom hotel with lovely reception, hall, bar and lounge area. It is only when you make your way to your room you realise the size of the place. We stayed here for a single night and the service was excellent and the breakfast superb. This place is very good value.

• Stayed October 2012
North Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having read great previous reviews on TA I booked a meeting and guided tour with Daniel looking around the venue and some beautifully clean and large rooms, we booked Llyndir Hall for our wedding venue.

The bridal party stayed the night before in Room 1. After booking in we had an hour at the "Spa" consists of a lovely warm pool and sauna, but the changing rooms weren't very clean and the spa was not staffed. The jacuzzi we had originally seen had been permanently tiled over so is now not used. At a cost of £110 for B&B, our room itself was nice and large for the three of us staying with a large bed and sofa bed but was a bit noisy with the ventilation for the spa on constantly, something I hadnt thought of until my head hit the pillow for some much needed beauty sleep before the wedding but with so much to move (dresses, cases etc) we stayed put! The room lacked air conditioning and seemed to get stuffy into the evening so we had to open the windows overnight. The large bed was comfy, bathroom was large and shower lovely and hot. Breakfast was amazing in the restaurant with a good selection...but things seemed to get worse with regards to the rooms from here on in. On putting away the sofa bed to make room for getting ready, a huge stain was spotted on the mattress underneath....so dirty and should have been condemned!!

The wedding itself was amazing, with an ideal setting, and perfect for us. The llyndir Suite is away from the main hotel lounges, restaurant and bar. Daniel and Edward did an amzing job running a smooth day, every part was catered for and the wedding guests really enjoyed their day....until it came to booking into their rooms.

I cannot quote all room names but there were nothing but complaints to ourselves as "hosts" and to the hotel itself from every guest regarding their rooms...what a bad way to remember such a wonderful day, and these complaints still mentioned to us now having chosen this venue have just tarnished our memories. Guests have told us the executive rooms were "filthy thick with dust," more than a few rooms had no hot water leaving people to boil a kettle to have a stand-up sink wash, Room 1 that night had not had the bathroom cleaned after the bridal party had used it, and one room was so damp the sheets and walls themselves were wet and the whole room smelt awful (this we witnessed!). The hotel was fully booked, so no changing rooms or refund money back was allowed, and the cleaners had gone home!! The bridal Suite however was amazing, large with a fabulous bathroom...and maybe the only room warm and cleaned??!!
Breakfast the following day in the Llyndir Suite was not so good with staff unable to keep up with the fully-booked hotel numbers.

All I have heard from relatives and friends dealing from reception staff were that they were rude and unhelpful on the day and following morning and one particular name is coming up as difficult and rude...Laura. Final room bills the next morning had drinks and/or meals from the restaurant added on to my relatives bills...obviously wrong as they ate and drank with the wedding party at the cash only bar but took some arguing and explaining to reception staff to ensure they did not pay for these things!! Our own dealings with all staff were fine, I had no problems....but maybe the fact they were getting paid £8k helped! It appears they take your money with a smile but actually lack the hospitality, manners and cleanliness that is required to gain customer service satisfaction.
As we were leaving, another wedding was being set up, so they really do a large amount of business through weddings.

I really cannot put into words how Llyndir has really dropped in its standards from my initial meeting with them.

Would I book a wedding there? Yes. Would I stay again as a guest? Only in the Bridal Suite!

Room Tip: Only stay in the bridal suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cherylanddan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossett
Rossett Hall Hotel
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
#3 of 10 in Wrexham
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South? Share your experiences!