“A hotel that makes you want to return”

Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rossett
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Opting to stay outside of the city of Chester during a weekend that saw both University undergradute arrivals and a race day we chose the Llyndir Hall but, like so may country hotels, we feared that we might be inconvenienced during our Saturday night stay by a wedding party. Sure enough as we arrived so did members of a wedding party getting ready for a long evening of potentially noisy celebrations.

However, unlike our recent negative experiences at three and four star hotels in the UK where we non-wedding participants were made to feel like second class citizens the Llyndir Hall management and their excellent staff made sure that we were well looked after while the wedding party stayed, ate and danced well way from the rest of the guests.

We will be returning to the lovely Llyndir Hall weddings or not. Highy recommended

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LiphookLad
There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Best Western are usually very good.This hotel was booked on line 'room only' at Laterooms .com.Upon arrival I was impressed with the look and feel of the place - a lovely old country house hotel and the room was delightful.The sting in the tail however is breakfast is not served until 8am AND if you book 'room only' they charge you for the breakfast anyway - so if you have an early start you have the privelege of no breakfast and you pay for it! I do not recommend it as a stopover - unless you plan to lay in bed at the weekend and get the breakfast you didnt want that was compulsory! Not a good customer experience for me - I am told by them that 'all hotels in England work this way' really? I will not be recommending you LLyndir!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights as a back up honeymoon as unfortunately we had to cancel our original plans, though i found the hotel to be very attractive with beautiful decoration and stunning grounds, i found there to be a sincere lack of service, i am a strong beiver if you are offering a certain level of service that you are paying for then it shouldnt be out of the question to receive the service you have paid for, unfortunately i realise things breakdown but we had no hot water throughout the whole of our stay and they had no engineer on site to rectify the issue, we were not advised of a function planned and unfortunately our room was very close to where it was being held whilst i realise its to be expected it would have been nice to be told so we could have made alternative plans to go out rather than choose to have an early night after a fair journey of which ended up us getting to sleep at 2am, trying to get through to reception or hotel services was actually beyond a joke it clearly states numbers to call on the room telephone, and after an hour of trying to get through to address the issues of no tea and coffee and no hot water and the level of noise i gave up had a rest and tried again of which we finally got through around 1130pm, We were also offered a wake up call and news papers neither of which we received and when breakfast is of a certain time slot it could easily be missed. However having said all this i did find the food superb in the restaurant and the choice of food at breakfast was fantastic i think it more than covered all tastes, the staff were friendly and tried to be helpful but they are quite young and probably understaffed especially during busy periods to the detriment of guests staying, the pool and spa facilites were pleasant and clean and we enjoyed using them. I found the grounds beautiful the beds very comfortable, it hasnt necessarilly deterred me from booking here again but for my honeymoon weekend and my first trip to Chester it wasnt as relaxed and as enjoyable for the price i had paid up front in full. I will be taking up my issues with the General Manager but believe with a little care and re-organisation this facility could be alot better received, To say they let themselves down is an understatement!!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms either upstairs or as far away from the function rooms as possible as long as you are...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
LlyndirHall, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear Gemini067,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Llyndir Hall. I am genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay. I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly at Llyndir so I may discuss matters personally.

Rest assured we always appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. All points raised are discussed at our weekly management meeting in order that we continue to offer high levels of customer staisfaction. Again, please accept my apologies if we let you down in any way.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have stayed there over a weekend while attending a friend's wedding. The hotel is nice overall, the staff is friendly (with the usual exceptions) and I have found my room to be quite nice and comfortable. Food, however, was very disappointing (but this is a non-UK resident opinion, which may be biased by much the better food we are usually served in similar venues in the Continent). Just as an example, scrambled eggs available within the buffet breakfast in the morning were pale-white and completely tasteless, I would expect at least eggs and bacon to taste good in the UK). Cleanliness of the room (especially the bathroom) and of the common areas was also much below what I would expect for a place like this (but I find this to be an issue in most hotels I have been staying in the UK). I haven't used the spa and swimming pool area, even though they looked nice from the outside. The entire building and al facilities clearly show their age and could/should be better mantained. Nevertheless, a nice experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kurtzuegg
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Although I didn't actually stay at this hotel I did attend a wedding there recently and was disappointed to find there were no obvious disabled facilities. We had my mother with us, who was in a wheelchair, and needed to get her down 2 small flights of stairs to the toilets nearest to the reception area and indeed to the room the meal was held in. Luckily we were not staying the night as I was informed there were no lifts in the hotel. The toilets nearest to the room the reception was held in were on the same level but again there was no disabled facilities and it was impossible to get the wheelchair through the toilet door. It would be possible to take the wheelchair in through the conservatory but had it been raining would have got very wet. Hving said all that the meal was superb, as was the entire day, and if able bodied would be a lovely hotel to stay in.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Faefrank,

Thank you for posting your thoughts regarding your visit to Llyndir Hall Hotel & Spa. It was great to read that you had enjoyed the wedding you attended, we really do push the boat out for all our wedding events.

We do indeed have very good disabled facilities at Llyndir including same level access to the ground floor function room, conservatory bar and toilet facilities. I can only presume that you were not directed towards these facilities by a member of my team, for this I apologies.

All public areas can be accessed through the ramp to the right of the main hotel steps or via our double door entrance of the leisure club, which itself has full disabled toilet and showering facilities. Llyndir also has 17 ground floor rooms, one of which has been adapted for wheelchair access.

I would be very happy to personally show these facilities if you would like to return to Llyndir, perhaps even for a nice stay over???

Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed for two nights and really liked the hotel! The staff were absolutely brilliant. We chatted with the people on reception the most and they were really helpful and accommodating. They have discounted tickets for Chester Zoo but didn't try to push them on us when we mentioned we were going. They were really nice and friendly.

There were two weddings while we were there but all we knew of them was when I heard one or two doors closing. They placed us as far away from the weddings as possible and we couldn't hear a thing!

There's one of those over sized chairs in the drawing room and we used that for a photo opportunity. The grounds are gorgeous too so we spent some time taking photos.

The only problem was that the spa was fully booked and we didn't have a chance to use the facilities.

Overall, it was friendly, clean, the breakfasts were some of the best I've ever had and we had a lovely stay!

Room Tip: If you'd like to use the spa, book before you arrive for your trip as it was very busy!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pupmonkey
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Recently returned from staying at llyndir hall after attending a friend's wedding reception. Checked in early and was surprised by how spacious the main room and the bathroom was. The room itself was nicely decorated, clean and seemed very well maintained. Throughout the wedding reception the service really was 5* the staff really could't do enough for you. The food, simply delicious and well presented, not just for the main wedding breakfast but also for the evening buffet which not only looked amazing but was just too tempting to resist - despite eating a three course meal just hours before!! Brilliant party atmosphere right the way through the evening which was followed by a very relaxing nights sleep. Breakfast the following day was just what was needed, a full cooked breakfast and fantastic selection of cereals, yogarts and danish's etc - gorgeous! Just wished we could have stayed a longer!! will most definitley be back for a quiet getaway and make the most of the leisure facilities as we only used these briefly before we set off home.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandra W
LlyndirHall, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always morale boosting for the team when they receive recognition for their hard work and commitment.

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossett
Rossett Hall Hotel
#3 of 10 in Wrexham
Holt Lodge Hotel
Holt Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Holt
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Been to Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South? Share your experiences!