“Great evening out”

Griffin Inn Pub
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Griffin Inn trevalyn is a traditional country pub serving award winning cask ales. Traditional pub grub will be back on in March. Camping and caravan site will be up and running in a few weeks too. As the new landlords we have been working tirelessly improving the and renovating the venue.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It was our first visit to this country pub but it won't be our last. The food was superb , great menu choice and great value. Excellent friendly service and warm atmosphere.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

not been for a few months,what a let down,the home made steak and ale pie used to be fantastic,probably the best around,but this visit,all changed,they put the filling in a dish,which had been done prior to serving,then they put a pathetic,disc cut piece of puff pastry,cooked away from the filling then plonked on top,the chips cooked in the same oil as the fish they served,then we come to desserts,pear and apple crumble,stewed fruit with an excuse for crumble sprinkled on the top,The prices have gone up since being taken over.will not be going back.

Peter Jones

1  Thank peter j
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My first visit and one that I will repeat very soon. Both the atmosphere and friendliness of the staff made for a very pleasant experience. The food was excellent.; my partner was making me envious over her meal which she ate with such relish that she hardly spoke. Now, that's what I call satisfaction. And peace!
The addition of a campsite and the quiet rural surroundings will be attractive to walkers,, campers, cyclists and, with the River Dee and Alyn closeby, fisherman as well.
A top Inn with character and quality food.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. The choice of menu was also very good.
A warm and friendly pub and the open log fire helped to create a lovely relaxing ambience. A wonderful experience all round! Will definitely be returning! The pork was delicious.

1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After my third visit to the Griffin I felt it warranted a little review. I've eaten there twice now and have been more than pleased with the food and service each time. Very impressed with the choices on the menu, way above what I expected from a small village pub, but without the ridiculous prices.

It's also on my cycling route (which seems popular among cyclists in general), so I suggested to the owners to get some cakes on the bar.. Looking forward to my sugar rush!

The staff and owners are all really friendly and it has a cosy atmosphere inside with a real fire.

1  Thank Lewis K