“Late Sunday Lunch”
Review of The Alyn

The Alyn
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled on the banks of the River Alyn in the pretty village of Rossett North Wales, The Alyn Riverside Country Pub offers excellent food and boasts a unique riverside setting...Combined with a warm and friendly welcome, The Alyn is much more than the average village pub. We have recently welcomed abroad a new award winning head chef and we are very keen to show off his talent. We are now working even harder to produce the best locally sourced, home cooked food possible.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Late Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived mid afternoon on a Sunday and after finding a table the waiter asked what we wanted and after saying a Sunday Roast Dinner he went away but came back and said that we were too late. We accepted this as it was mid afternoon but then another person said that they could still do the food required.

The dinner was excellant, cooked to perfection,good size portions and well presented.

The staff were all very pleasant and we would go there again if we were in the area.

Visited August 2012

Little Sutton, Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Pie? More like soup with a crusty lid!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went to the Alyn today for our first Wedding anniversary. Have been there many years ago and love the riverside setting. Sadly the weather was too bad to sit outside so we ate indoors.
We both ordered the Welsh Beef and Ale pie with chips and veg. After a wait of nearly 45 minutes our meals arrived. The pies came in a bowl with a thin (and I mean thin) pastry top. I broke my pastry to find the pie was actually a bowl of ale flavoured gravy with a few scraps of meat thrown in for good measure. My Wife's pie was the same.
I told one of the young members of staff who apologised and said they'd replace the meals and make the pies from scratch so they would have plenty of meat.
When the meals returned there was a little more meat but still the pies were more like soup with a crusty lid. I wanted to ask for a spoon as eating with a fork was almost impossible even after filling the pie with all my veg, a few chips and the crusty lid to bulk it up! The chips were almost certainly reheated too.
I wanted to complain again but by this time we were so hungry we'd have eaten a rat sandwich! I also didn't want to add more stress to what was supposed to be a lovely afternoon out.
When I paid there was no apology and no offer of a discount. I didn't tip and won't be going back!

• Visited August 2012
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“another visit”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we go to the alyn loads of times as this is one of local pubs in the village
mark and his team always makes us feel welcome and food is always good here,highly recommend going any time of the day

Visited July 2012
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“amazing”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

love it here, when you sit outside you are right next to the river alyn and there is always a great atmosphere and okay prices on drinks!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lukestatham
Chester, United Kingdom
“Ladies Out to Lunch”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I arranged to meet friends for lunch after looking at comments from Trip Advisor we decided on the Alyn which is situated on the main road in Rossett and easy to find. We went for the 3 course lunch for £9.95 we had different starters ie soup, fish cakes, pâté all good, we then had 1 plaice, 2 pork again very tasty and well presented. We just had enough rom for desert, 1 choc fudge cake and cream 2 apple pie and custard all very nice would recommend. It is a lovely setting with a river running at the side of the garden and lovely wooden tables/seats quite idyllic.

• Visited August 2012