All reviewsoscars restaurantgolden lionlovely hotelevening mealtrouser presswonderful weddingwedding partyreception areabuffet stylefunction roomrestaurant managervisiting chesterwedding receptionnorth walespark and ridecouldn't faultfull english breakfast
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have been using this hotel for business trips to Chester. Being away from home for a week at a time is never easy and the staff in Rossett Hall have always made me feel at home and taken really good care of me. The executive rooms are excellent, front of house service is excellent and they are customer focused. I have always been very well looked after there. The breakfast is good and doing what you want to order is no problem at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2010

On arrival we had a problem with a noisy bathroom fan which wouldn't turn off but were transferred to another room within minutes and with a smile. Very comfortable with a smart modern bathroom. Lots of parking and the pleasant garden surroundings. A very tasty dinner in Oscar's Restaurant. Peaceful and quiet. Free WiFi was an added bonus.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

this hotel was a great venue for our short break,the room was spacious and spotlessly clean, we enjoyed our breakfast , but the evening meal in oscars restaurant was superb.all the staff were very helpful.we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We enjoyed our 2 day stay. Really nice room on ground level with a large bathroom, very comfortable bed and 2 chairs. Thought that bisciuts should have been restocked after we ate 2 small packets on first evening/morning.

The restaurant has a good atmosphere, the food is good, well prepared and generous portions. The full english breakfast has everything you need (no muesli among cereals though), but I wish hotels wouldn't bring the toast to your table as soon as you arrive for breakfast and is therefore left standing for quite a while.

There was plenty of parking at the rear of the hotel, which was more convenient for reception. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and checkout was quick.

We were probably fortunate to stay Thurs/Fri nights as it looked as though there was a wedding on Saturday which could have made it busier/noisier as our room was near reception. Overall would definitely go back again as the location was great for visiting Chester and surrounding area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

A nice hotel in terms of appearance and it is situated conveniently to visit Chester, Cheshire Oaks Outlet, North Wales coast and mid-Wales. You could even travel to Liverpool from here.

The first impression of the hotel was somewhat marred by the lack of parking at the front of the hotel due to 2 wedding parties taking place on the Friday night. My concerns about being kept awake all night by these parties were allayed by the fact that we had booked an executive double room and were placed on the far side of the hotel away from the main noise. However, even though I wear earplugs, I could still hear the music until 12.30am, but it stopped abruptly at that time and we heard no more from the guests of these parties, certainly not the running up and down corridors until 4am experienced by another poster. I quizzed the receptionist about this on my arrival and although she looked somewhat surprised by my direct questioning, she was very polite, as were all of the staff. There was also a lot more parking at the rear of the hotel and we managed to park right outside our ground floor room.

The room was clean, spacious, well-equipped (although some bottled water/hot chocolate wouldn't have gone amiss) and it was nicely decorated and furnished.

Breakfast, on the other hand, was a different matter. It lacked imagination, especially given that I paid the full rate for this hotel, rather than on any deal. The continental part of the breakfast was yoghurt, some fresh fruit and some cereal - not exactly that continental really. However, the real disappointment was the full English - I couldn't eat it on our first morning and wouldn't eat it on our second. The bacon was anaemic, the mushrooms looked like they'd been boiled (and my husband confirmed this from the taste), there were fried eggs only (no boiled, poached or scrambled). However, worst of all was the sausage, which was bright pink inside - not because it was cheap sausage, but because it wasn't fully cooked. That was enough to make me resort to only toast on morning 2. I left feedback for the hotel about this and asked at reception, only on departure because I hadn't considered it before then, if the chef would have cooked the meat more to my taste. The receptionist seemed to think that he would have done, had I asked, but my issue was, why do I need to ask for food to be fully cooked?

Overall, we enjoyed our weekend and would recommend the hotel for its location and convenience, and it's good if you get a room well away from the frequent weddings (there was another one on the Saturday). However, the big letdown for us was definitely breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple