Rossett Hall Hotel
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$76
$65
All reviewsoscars restaurantlovely hotelgolden liontrouser pressevening mealwonderful weddingreception areawedding partypubs within walking distancebuffet stylebridal suitefunction roomnorth waleswedding receptionvisiting chesterrestaurant managercouldn't fault
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The room we were given was outdated and tired. Very dim lighting, a Tv that was too low to view from the bed, springs could be felt through the mattess, a shower that did not work and overall a very grim, cell like room. We asked to be moved but were told that the hotel was full. We were offered a bottle of wine with dinner as an apology. I ordered a steak pie in the restaurant which was very dry. When I requested gravy I was told that the chef said there was none available. I could not eat the meal as it was too dry. I then ordered a burger which was quite tasty but was served on a very dry bun with dried out oven chips. At this point I had lost the will to live. It was like Faulty Towers. They did move us to the bridal suite and,eventually, did not charge us for our food. The staff however were lovely, very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room that has not been refurbished, especialy room 46! In previous reviews the manager had stated that problems had been sorted but this does not seem to be so,
1  Thank soapyf
Martin E, Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rossett Hall Hotel. Firstly, please accept my apologies for your stay not been to the standard you expected and for the problems that you encountered.

I have investigated your comments fully, in order that I could give you an explanation as to why or how they may have occurred. The problems you encountered in the restaurant truly disappoint me, they were unforgivable and unnecessary problems that should never have happened. Quite rightly all dinner charges were removed and the complimentary bottle of wine was the least we could do. My restaurant team has been briefed and your comments action upon to ensure such problems do not re-occur. Again, my sincere apologies for any disappointment this dining experience caused.

It was your comment regarding the accommodation that made me extremely upset and although I appreciate your comments regarding room 46, I think that Tripadvisor readers and the hotel deserve a better explanation of what you described. Room 46 is one of our un-refurbished rooms and although most of our guests find this room comfortable, it is older, with a floor standing TV and does not have the more adjustable lighting levels of our newer rooms. Also though and this is by no means an excuse, I believe it is always important when rating a hotel bedroom to be aware of the price paid and the type of room booked. In this case you booked a 'standard" room correctly described on the Laterooms website, on which you booked. You paid a rate of £23.25 per person inclusive of full English breakfast, VAT and agency commission. Were I particularly took exception was when you failed to mention the exceptional quality, space and style of the suite that you were moved to, a room that other guest pay £180 a night for. This suite with its separate lounge, super king size bed, roll top bath and wet room, is of an amazing standard and yet you failed to mention this. I believe if we were telling the whole story that my staff excelled themselves in reacting and correcting any accommodation problems you may have had, and I think it is only fair and correct to tell the readers both sides of your story. You were also incorrect when your said that I had claimed all refurbishment work had been done, our company only bought the hotel at the end of December and since then we have worked tirelessly on a refurbishment program, the spoils of which you experienced in our new suite. All of our bedrooms and public areas will be refurbished in time but until then we make every effort to describe our rooms correctly and price them accordingly.

Using the phrase " like Fawlty Towers" has become an overused comment that the British public likes to use. Fawlty Towers was not a bad looking hotel, nor was its facilities poor, it was the antics of the manager and staff that caused the unruly and unorganised guest experience, and in turn the humour of this fictional television program. You do, however describe my team as “lovely, friendly and welcoming”, so unfortunately I do not make that connection and again take exception.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor dining experience but I hope my team more that compensated for any problems you would have had with room 46 if you had spent the night in it. I hope you appreciate my candid response and that you will consider using Rossett Hall in the near future perhaps to stay in our executive suite again.

Martin Elliott

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here one night. The hotel was lovely and clean. TV was limited with channels. Had room service and food was good. Was disappointed with buffet breakfast food that was there was cold not hot. StAff very helpful and friendly would stay again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay.
Room was good apart from the TV which seemed old, had limited channels and no subtitles.
I am rather deaf so this can be a problem to those next door :). TV is also very low to the floor.
Dined in Oscars the first night, different menu in the Restaurant to the menu in the room folder otherwise everything perfect..
Dined in Oscars the second night, asked for the Early Bird menu which was described in the room folder along with a Menu.
Was told there was no Early Bird menu, should have been removed from the rooms.
Ordered from the same menu as before but cheaper meals. Was not as impressed as the previous night, but paid less.
If you get a good price for the room it's an absolute bargain.
Staff are superb, small details need attending to make the overall experience as good.

1  Thank RochdaleMally
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Four of us recently spent 2 nights at this hotel in order to attend a family funeral. The hotel was excellent value and the staff very friendly and ready to please. Our rooms were comfortable, clean and well decorated with a fridge, safe and tea/coffee making facilities. We had heavy snow, so decided to eat in the hotel restaurant rather than venture out. The food was well cooked and varied. The restaurant area is about to undergo a much needed revamp and the service was very slow, but the food worth waiting for.
Breakfast was also served in the restaurant and was ample, varied and of good quality. They are happy to provide poached eggs, etc. if requested.
The hotel has recently changed hands and is being up-dated. I would say that the floorboards were very noisy and we could hear the people upstairs walking back and forth, whereas the double glazing blocked out any noise from outside the building - despite their being roadworks on the road outside.
I would recommend this hotel as comfortable, and good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

we have just stayed for 2 nights while visiting daughter in Wrexham we only paid £79 for both for the 2 nights couldn't fault it that included breakfast as well, the staff were all friendly and would def stay again just hope i can get a great price again.

1  Thank mich46

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rossett Hall after your recent stay. I was very please you enjoyed the hotels facilities and appreciated the value for money. If you are ever visiting the area in the future our best possible rates and special deals can always be found on our website or by telephoning our reservations team on 01244 571000.

Once again, many thanks for your review and I hope to welcome you to Rossett Hall in the near future.

Kind regards