All reviewsoscars restaurantgolden lionlovely hotelevening mealtrouser presswonderful weddingwedding partyreception areabuffet stylefunction roomrestaurant managervisiting chesterwedding receptionnorth walespark and ridecouldn't faultfull english breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our weekend break away to Rossett Hall the room was spacious and a very high standard. Breakfast was lovely with lots of variety. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful with everything including assisting us in where we should go for a day out. We were recommended Chirk Castle which was beautiful, we had a great day out. We didn't eat lunch or dinner at the hotel but went for a short stroll around the village instead and found a lovely pub called the Alyn which I would highly recommend if staying at the hotel or nearby. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear charliewarlie91

Thank you for your review. It always gives me great pleasue in reading when our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your day out at Chirk Castle.

We hope to see you again very soon at Rossett Hall when hopefully we can reccommend some other great days out for you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I bought our 2 night B&B stay as a Groupon (being a very skint mature student) and was a little apprehensive when I read the reviews on here.
However, there was no apprehension when we arrived! Brilliant location being half way between Wrexham and Chester. Lots of parking.
The receptionist was lovely, and very knowledgable on local info including restaurants and bus availability.
Breakfast catered for all, from yoghurts and fruit to toast, croissants (pain au chocolat a little dry - my only quibble!) and full cooked breakfasts available at a serve yourself buffet. My husband approved so much of the breakfasts he had two, both mornings of our stay!
Overall; the room was huge, the bed massive and very comfortable, all staff we met were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
I'll be keeping an eye out for further groupons as this deal was amazing and highly reccommended. Thank you!

Room Tip: The modern extension was away from the bustle of restaurant and bar, yet once inside you didn't realise that you were in the new part, due to the sympathetic period decor and size of suites.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased you had a great stay with us, we pride ourselfes on customer service with nothing being too much trouble for our guests.

We are going to run another groupon promotion very soon so keep your eyes on the groupon website.

We hope to see you again very soon at Rossett Hall.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

On first impression hotel seemed quite nice,check in very slow and this is when they take your money the first time ! My room was fine but on closer inspection was in need of a good clean, they dont do corners, behind doors, window frames, or toilet seats(Very grubby round fittings-YUK)!Housekeeper obviously doesn't check rooms before they are used .There was also a bin bag left on the sinktop ,no bathmat, only one hand towel and one small bath towel as this was a double room I would expect a bath towel each at the very least. Cleaner must have been halfway through room and just left . Breakfast was very poor, not enough staff ,just one waiter for all tables, and then it is just a help yourself buffet , even down to making your own toast! I didn,t pay for breakfast just to do it myself . - for goodness sake cook to order its what people want !!!
Checking out was even longer than checking in and then they TAKE YOUR MONEY AGAIN !!! Only one receptionist to cope with everyone trying to check out -,more staffing issues, this hotel is clearly being run on a shoestring
Suffice it to say I am still trying to get 2nd payment back , when I spoke to the hotel they said they couldn't give me a refund as this and I quote "IT COULD LEAVE THE HOTEL OUT OF POCKET" but its fine for me to be out of pocket .
I cant imagine I will stay here again and neither will the other 25 people in our party which is a shame because location is perfect!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robs40

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am sorry for the problems you faced with the bedroom, I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping team and the head housekeeper who are taking steps to ensure it dosent happen again. I know we have been in contact about the pre-authoriastion issues and hopefully this has now been sorted out.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My second stay this year. The rooms are very clean, beds extremely comfortable and staff pleasant and helpful. This should be a 5* review. Unfortunately the hotel's buffet breakfast lets it down again and is your last impression before you depart! Overcooked & very salty bacon, no fried eggs on offer only scrambled; the toast has to be put through the toaster 3 times before it is brown, no butter on the table & had to chase staff to order tea/coffee. Sad but true.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freda16

Dear Freda16,

Thank you for your review of Rossett Hall, I was dissapointed to read about your breakfast experience. I have reveiwed your breakfast experience with the Restaurant Manager and we have already made imporvements to the service on offer.

I have also since changed the supplier of bacon and I can say the new bacon is not as salty. In regards to the eggs, we took fried eggs off the buffett as they dont keep well under the hot lights, but please feel free to order a freshly cooked egg in the future.

We do hope to see you again at Rossett Hall very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is upto date, very nice and welcome. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite I even offered the night staff man a cookie. The room was amazing, very well kept by the house keeping staff. The prices are worth the money, the restaurant is lovely and the food is very nice, my only down side on that breakfast was the coffee, but each to their own. Id suggest this to anyone and I hope for us to return one day.

Me and my partner celebrated our 3rd year together here, we went to chirk castle where the staff suggested and we loved it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Rossett Hall, it is always a pleasure when we hear great feedback from our guests.

I am happy that you have chosen Rossett Hall again and we will look forward in welcoming you for a 4th time in the near future!!