All reviews oscars restaurant golden lion lovely hotel evening meal trouser press wonderful wedding wedding party reception area buffet style function room restaurant manager visiting chester wedding reception north wales park and ride couldn't fault full english breakfast
Reviewed October 30, 2012

On first impression hotel seemed quite nice,check in very slow and this is when they take your money the first time ! My room was fine but on closer inspection was in need of a good clean, they dont do corners, behind doors, window frames, or toilet seats(Very grubby round fittings-YUK)!Housekeeper obviously doesn't check rooms before they are used .There was also a bin bag left on the sinktop ,no bathmat, only one hand towel and one small bath towel as this was a double room I would expect a bath towel each at the very least. Cleaner must have been halfway through room and just left . Breakfast was very poor, not enough staff ,just one waiter for all tables, and then it is just a help yourself buffet , even down to making your own toast! I didn,t pay for breakfast just to do it myself . - for goodness sake cook to order its what people want !!!
Checking out was even longer than checking in and then they TAKE YOUR MONEY AGAIN !!! Only one receptionist to cope with everyone trying to check out -,more staffing issues, this hotel is clearly being run on a shoestring
Suffice it to say I am still trying to get 2nd payment back , when I spoke to the hotel they said they couldn't give me a refund as this and I quote "IT COULD LEAVE THE HOTEL OUT OF POCKET" but its fine for me to be out of pocket .
I cant imagine I will stay here again and neither will the other 25 people in our party which is a shame because location is perfect!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robs40
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am sorry for the problems you faced with the bedroom, I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping team and the head housekeeper who are taking steps to ensure it dosent happen again. I know we have been in contact about the pre-authoriastion issues and hopefully this has now been sorted out.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My second stay this year. The rooms are very clean, beds extremely comfortable and staff pleasant and helpful. This should be a 5* review. Unfortunately the hotel's buffet breakfast lets it down again and is your last impression before you depart! Overcooked & very salty bacon, no fried eggs on offer only scrambled; the toast has to be put through the toaster 3 times before it is brown, no butter on the table & had to chase staff to order tea/coffee. Sad but true.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freda16

Dear Freda16,

Thank you for your review of Rossett Hall, I was dissapointed to read about your breakfast experience. I have reveiwed your breakfast experience with the Restaurant Manager and we have already made imporvements to the service on offer.

I have also since changed the supplier of bacon and I can say the new bacon is not as salty. In regards to the eggs, we took fried eggs off the buffett as they dont keep well under the hot lights, but please feel free to order a freshly cooked egg in the future.

We do hope to see you again at Rossett Hall very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is upto date, very nice and welcome. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite I even offered the night staff man a cookie. The room was amazing, very well kept by the house keeping staff. The prices are worth the money, the restaurant is lovely and the food is very nice, my only down side on that breakfast was the coffee, but each to their own. Id suggest this to anyone and I hope for us to return one day.

Me and my partner celebrated our 3rd year together here, we went to chirk castle where the staff suggested and we loved it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Rossett Hall, it is always a pleasure when we hear great feedback from our guests.

I am happy that you have chosen Rossett Hall again and we will look forward in welcoming you for a 4th time in the near future!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Rossett Hall this saturday night as a wedding anniversary break along with our 2 yr old daughter.From the moment we checked in at reception we really liked the hotel.The staff were very friendly,helpful and polite, particurily the lady on reception and the waiters in Oscars restaurant.The food was very good and the family room we had was spacious,clean and tidy.We would definitely stay again if in the area again and recommend it to friends and relatives.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank keijof
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, it is always pleasing when we hear of the good time our guests have had with us. I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward in welcoming you back to Rossett Hall in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Rossett Hall is a well maintained hotel in the lovely village of Rossett. Rooms are clean & the service from all staff has been excellent. Quality of food in Oscars is good but not exceptional. We purchased through Groupon so value for money was spot on

• Stayed: October 2012
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward in welcoming you to Rossett Hall again in the near future.