All reviewsoscars restaurantgolden lionlovely hotelevening mealtrouser presswonderful weddingwedding partyreception areabuffet stylefunction roomrestaurant managervisiting chesterwedding receptionnorth walespark and ridecouldn't faultfull english breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My second stay this year. The rooms are very clean, beds extremely comfortable and staff pleasant and helpful. This should be a 5* review. Unfortunately the hotel's buffet breakfast lets it down again and is your last impression before you depart! Overcooked & very salty bacon, no fried eggs on offer only scrambled; the toast has to be put through the toaster 3 times before it is brown, no butter on the table & had to chase staff to order tea/coffee. Sad but true.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freda16
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Freda16,

Thank you for your review of Rossett Hall, I was dissapointed to read about your breakfast experience. I have reveiwed your breakfast experience with the Restaurant Manager and we have already made imporvements to the service on offer.

I have also since changed the supplier of bacon and I can say the new bacon is not as salty. In regards to the eggs, we took fried eggs off the buffett as they dont keep well under the hot lights, but please feel free to order a freshly cooked egg in the future.

We do hope to see you again at Rossett Hall very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is upto date, very nice and welcome. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite I even offered the night staff man a cookie. The room was amazing, very well kept by the house keeping staff. The prices are worth the money, the restaurant is lovely and the food is very nice, my only down side on that breakfast was the coffee, but each to their own. Id suggest this to anyone and I hope for us to return one day.

Me and my partner celebrated our 3rd year together here, we went to chirk castle where the staff suggested and we loved it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Rossett Hall, it is always a pleasure when we hear great feedback from our guests.

I am happy that you have chosen Rossett Hall again and we will look forward in welcoming you for a 4th time in the near future!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Rossett Hall this saturday night as a wedding anniversary break along with our 2 yr old daughter.From the moment we checked in at reception we really liked the hotel.The staff were very friendly,helpful and polite, particurily the lady on reception and the waiters in Oscars restaurant.The food was very good and the family room we had was spacious,clean and tidy.We would definitely stay again if in the area again and recommend it to friends and relatives.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank keijof
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, it is always pleasing when we hear of the good time our guests have had with us. I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward in welcoming you back to Rossett Hall in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Rossett Hall is a well maintained hotel in the lovely village of Rossett. Rooms are clean & the service from all staff has been excellent. Quality of food in Oscars is good but not exceptional. We purchased through Groupon so value for money was spot on

• Stayed: October 2012
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward in welcoming you to Rossett Hall again in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although under new management this hotel continues to attain the high standards that other hotels ,including major brands fail to achieve through money constraints,poor management skills ,and all too often poorly trained,underpaid,and disinterested lower level staff. In this hotel the answer is never no .So enjoy yourself, take advantage of whats on offer,smile a lot,the staff do ! three minor faults,though easily remedied. The toiletries could be of a better standard ,the toilet paper is best suited for a frog ,the fried eggs are often left too long, too rubbery .Come on chef I know you can do better than this .

Room Tip: Refuse a room in the original part of the hotel ,far too noisy for comfort .
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, I am once again pleased you have enjoyed your visit to Rossett Hall. We are currently looking in to the guest services we offer including toilet roll and shampoo etc, and I have reviewed your comments with the Head Chef regarding the breakfast eggs.

We look forward in welcoming you to the hotel for your 9th visit!!!