“Let down by breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rossett
perthshire
“Let down by breakfast”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My second stay this year. The rooms are very clean, beds extremely comfortable and staff pleasant and helpful. This should be a 5* review. Unfortunately the hotel's buffet breakfast lets it down again and is your last impression before you depart! Overcooked & very salty bacon, no fried eggs on offer only scrambled; the toast has to be put through the toaster 3 times before it is brown, no butter on the table & had to chase staff to order tea/coffee. Sad but true.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Freda16
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Freda16,

Thank you for your review of Rossett Hall, I was dissapointed to read about your breakfast experience. I have reveiwed your breakfast experience with the Restaurant Manager and we have already made imporvements to the service on offer.

I have also since changed the supplier of bacon and I can say the new bacon is not as salty. In regards to the eggs, we took fried eggs off the buffett as they dont keep well under the hot lights, but please feel free to order a freshly cooked egg in the future.

We do hope to see you again at Rossett Hall very soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is upto date, very nice and welcome. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite I even offered the night staff man a cookie. The room was amazing, very well kept by the house keeping staff. The prices are worth the money, the restaurant is lovely and the food is very nice, my only down side on that breakfast was the coffee, but each to their own. Id suggest this to anyone and I hope for us to return one day.

Me and my partner celebrated our 3rd year together here, we went to chirk castle where the staff suggested and we loved it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Rossett Hall, it is always a pleasure when we hear great feedback from our guests.

I am happy that you have chosen Rossett Hall again and we will look forward in welcoming you for a 4th time in the near future!!

kendal
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Rossett Hall this saturday night as a wedding anniversary break along with our 2 yr old daughter.From the moment we checked in at reception we really liked the hotel.The staff were very friendly,helpful and polite, particurily the lady on reception and the waiters in Oscars restaurant.The food was very good and the family room we had was spacious,clean and tidy.We would definitely stay again if in the area again and recommend it to friends and relatives.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank keijof
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, it is always pleasing when we hear of the good time our guests have had with us. I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward in welcoming you back to Rossett Hall in the future.
Mold, North Wales
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Rossett Hall is a well maintained hotel in the lovely village of Rossett. Rooms are clean & the service from all staff has been excellent. Quality of food in Oscars is good but not exceptional. We purchased through Groupon so value for money was spot on

• Stayed October 2012
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward in welcoming you to Rossett Hall again in the near future.

scarborough
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although under new management this hotel continues to attain the high standards that other hotels ,including major brands fail to achieve through money constraints,poor management skills ,and all too often poorly trained,underpaid,and disinterested lower level staff. In this hotel the answer is never no .So enjoy yourself, take advantage of whats on offer,smile a lot,the staff do ! three minor faults,though easily remedied. The toiletries could be of a better standard ,the toilet paper is best suited for a frog ,the fried eggs are often left too long, too rubbery .Come on chef I know you can do better than this .

Room Tip: Refuse a room in the original part of the hotel ,far too noisy for comfort .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, I am once again pleased you have enjoyed your visit to Rossett Hall. We are currently looking in to the guest services we offer including toilet roll and shampoo etc, and I have reviewed your comments with the Head Chef regarding the breakfast eggs.

We look forward in welcoming you to the hotel for your 9th visit!!!
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arrived in the morning and was given lovely room to change into my clothes for a function as I was too early to book into my room. Returned late as arranged and shown to a small room at the top of the hotel by the porter. I was shocked to find that the room was not ready for occupation as there we no pillows, no heating and the bed had not been made up properly. The bedding was poor and the duvet thin and grubby looking as it was sticking out as the bottom off the cover. The room on my booking form said double room over looking the gardens and this was nothing like the pictures on the website which I was expecting to stay in.
I at once refused the room but was informed that the hotel was full and no other rooms was available. Attempts were made by the porter to turn on the heating but it became apparent that it was not working at all. So with heavy heart I waited for pillows to be found. After a 10 minute wait I went in search of the porter who was behind the desk looking on the computer,I hoped for pillows. As the room was too cold sit in I waited in the lounge with other guests who were at the same function. They were shocked at my room too and complained on my behalf the next day. At last pillows and a thin blanket arrived after waiting an hour and the time was now 2pm and I was very tired.
Went into the bathroom and more shocks awaited me. Towels on the rail were damp and dirty, they had been used! However, luck would have it there was a clean set behind the door. The toilet roll had 3 pieces of paper but luck again there was a spare roll.
Tired and weary got ready for bed but so cold had to put on jumpers and socks to keep warm. Nodded off but woken up by a noise coming from the outside my window on inspection greeted by the view of an enormous pipe going into the wall and realised it was the heating pipe for the hotel making the noise. However, made no difference to my little room and I gave up trying to sleep and got dressed.
The hotel receptionist was kindness herself and was surprised that I had been given the room as I had booked well in advance and was not a last minute booking. So no garden room and could not have any drinks as no provision had been made for that fact that I am lactose intolerant all stated clearly on the booking form. So all in all complete disaster from beginning to end. I am over sixty and look forward to staying in hotels as for me they are a real treat.
Would no recommend this hotel as I would hate anyone to have to go through the same experience.

Room Tip: Do not take the information on website as to what is on offer. Ring the hotel talk to head reception...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jambox1
Thank you for your review on trip advisor, I am sorry for all the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I have reviewed all the problems with the appropriate managers and have taken actions to put it right.
Adstock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent 5 nights at this lovely hotel - made exceptional by friendly, helpful & attentive staff who always greeted us with smiles! The reception staff were particularily helpful as we had lots of problems that needed their patience! The restaurant/bar area provided excellent, fresh meals. A very well run old hotel set in pretty gardens & beautiful countryside - look no further if you are planning a trip to this part of the country. We loved it!

Room Tip: choose a room away from noisy wedding parties for a restful nights sleep!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your kind review, I am really pleased to hear you had a enjooyable stay with us. I will certainly pass your comments onto the staff as they always like to hear what our guests think.

We hope to see you again soon at Rossett Hall.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossett
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
Travelodge Wrexham
Travelodge Wrexham
#5 of 10 in Wrexham
The Lemon Tree Restaurant with Rooms

Been to Rossett Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!