All reviews oscars restaurant golden lion lovely hotel evening meal trouser press wonderful wedding wedding party reception area buffet style function room restaurant manager visiting chester wedding reception north wales park and ride couldn't fault full english breakfast
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although under new management this hotel continues to attain the high standards that other hotels ,including major brands fail to achieve through money constraints,poor management skills ,and all too often poorly trained,underpaid,and disinterested lower level staff. In this hotel the answer is never no .So enjoy yourself, take advantage of whats on offer,smile a lot,the staff do ! three minor faults,though easily remedied. The toiletries could be of a better standard ,the toilet paper is best suited for a frog ,the fried eggs are often left too long, too rubbery .Come on chef I know you can do better than this .

Room Tip: Refuse a room in the original part of the hotel ,far too noisy for comfort .
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, I am once again pleased you have enjoyed your visit to Rossett Hall. We are currently looking in to the guest services we offer including toilet roll and shampoo etc, and I have reviewed your comments with the Head Chef regarding the breakfast eggs.

We look forward in welcoming you to the hotel for your 9th visit!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arrived in the morning and was given lovely room to change into my clothes for a function as I was too early to book into my room. Returned late as arranged and shown to a small room at the top of the hotel by the porter. I was shocked to find that the room was not ready for occupation as there we no pillows, no heating and the bed had not been made up properly. The bedding was poor and the duvet thin and grubby looking as it was sticking out as the bottom off the cover. The room on my booking form said double room over looking the gardens and this was nothing like the pictures on the website which I was expecting to stay in.
I at once refused the room but was informed that the hotel was full and no other rooms was available. Attempts were made by the porter to turn on the heating but it became apparent that it was not working at all. So with heavy heart I waited for pillows to be found. After a 10 minute wait I went in search of the porter who was behind the desk looking on the computer,I hoped for pillows. As the room was too cold sit in I waited in the lounge with other guests who were at the same function. They were shocked at my room too and complained on my behalf the next day. At last pillows and a thin blanket arrived after waiting an hour and the time was now 2pm and I was very tired.
Went into the bathroom and more shocks awaited me. Towels on the rail were damp and dirty, they had been used! However, luck would have it there was a clean set behind the door. The toilet roll had 3 pieces of paper but luck again there was a spare roll.
Tired and weary got ready for bed but so cold had to put on jumpers and socks to keep warm. Nodded off but woken up by a noise coming from the outside my window on inspection greeted by the view of an enormous pipe going into the wall and realised it was the heating pipe for the hotel making the noise. However, made no difference to my little room and I gave up trying to sleep and got dressed.
The hotel receptionist was kindness herself and was surprised that I had been given the room as I had booked well in advance and was not a last minute booking. So no garden room and could not have any drinks as no provision had been made for that fact that I am lactose intolerant all stated clearly on the booking form. So all in all complete disaster from beginning to end. I am over sixty and look forward to staying in hotels as for me they are a real treat.
Would no recommend this hotel as I would hate anyone to have to go through the same experience.

Room Tip: Do not take the information on website as to what is on offer. Ring the hotel talk to head receptionist and make sure you get what you have booked. Do not trust booking sites as they only take bookings and the hotel decides what they give you. They ignored my booking completely and put me where they wanted me go. Solo travellers beware thet will put you in rooms that are below the standard you maybe expecting and often on higher floors where the rooms are smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jambox1

Thank you for your review on trip advisor, I am sorry for all the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I have reviewed all the problems with the appropriate managers and have taken actions to put it right.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent 5 nights at this lovely hotel - made exceptional by friendly, helpful & attentive staff who always greeted us with smiles! The reception staff were particularily helpful as we had lots of problems that needed their patience! The restaurant/bar area provided excellent, fresh meals. A very well run old hotel set in pretty gardens & beautiful countryside - look no further if you are planning a trip to this part of the country. We loved it!

Room Tip: choose a room away from noisy wedding parties for a restful nights sleep!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for your kind review, I am really pleased to hear you had a enjooyable stay with us. I will certainly pass your comments onto the staff as they always like to hear what our guests think.

We hope to see you again soon at Rossett Hall.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

we spent two nights at Rossett Hall Hotel on a groupon break last week. We really enjoyed the hotel atmosphere - it was nicely decorated with cosy easy chairs and sofas in the bar and a very pleasant dining area.
our room (no 1) was spacious with a double and a single bed in it - the only slight drawback was a noisy middle of the night wedding party in reception on the second night!
Breakfast was self service and plentiful and as far as dinner went (we were given certain groupon choices at a discount) I could never get as far as dessert!
All of the staff were very pleasant and helpful but we were particularly impressed with Richard at reception - he was always cheerful and full of information for our daily outings. So all in all, another winner!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, firstly let me apologise for the rowdy wedding party in the reception area, I hope they didn't disturb you too much. I will certainly pass your comments on to Richard who im sure will be as pleased as I am.

I look forward in welcoming you back to Rossett Hall in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

booked as a groupon deal, can;t wait to return, everything about this was fabulous, very clean and comfortablle, the rooms very spotless and the gardens were lovey, the staff very very helpful and the food was excellent

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards