All reviews oscars restaurant golden lion lovely hotel evening meal trouser press wonderful wedding wedding party reception area buffet style function room restaurant manager visiting chester wedding reception north wales park and ride couldn't fault full english breakfast
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent 5 nights at this lovely hotel - made exceptional by friendly, helpful & attentive staff who always greeted us with smiles! The reception staff were particularily helpful as we had lots of problems that needed their patience! The restaurant/bar area provided excellent, fresh meals. A very well run old hotel set in pretty gardens & beautiful countryside - look no further if you are planning a trip to this part of the country. We loved it!

Room Tip: choose a room away from noisy wedding parties for a restful nights sleep!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Many thanks for your kind review, I am really pleased to hear you had a enjooyable stay with us. I will certainly pass your comments onto the staff as they always like to hear what our guests think.

We hope to see you again soon at Rossett Hall.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

we spent two nights at Rossett Hall Hotel on a groupon break last week. We really enjoyed the hotel atmosphere - it was nicely decorated with cosy easy chairs and sofas in the bar and a very pleasant dining area.
our room (no 1) was spacious with a double and a single bed in it - the only slight drawback was a noisy middle of the night wedding party in reception on the second night!
Breakfast was self service and plentiful and as far as dinner went (we were given certain groupon choices at a discount) I could never get as far as dessert!
All of the staff were very pleasant and helpful but we were particularly impressed with Richard at reception - he was always cheerful and full of information for our daily outings. So all in all, another winner!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, firstly let me apologise for the rowdy wedding party in the reception area, I hope they didn't disturb you too much. I will certainly pass your comments on to Richard who im sure will be as pleased as I am.

I look forward in welcoming you back to Rossett Hall in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

booked as a groupon deal, can;t wait to return, everything about this was fabulous, very clean and comfortablle, the rooms very spotless and the gardens were lovey, the staff very very helpful and the food was excellent

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have just stayed two nights at The Rossett Hall Hotel and we were absolutely deighted with the room / the service we received and the general way the hotel worked, the staff are an absolute credit to the hotel and we cannot thank them enough for making our stay so enjoyable and relaxed.
We will return.
Geoff & Val Williams

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geoff W
Chris H, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Rossett Hall Hotel. I am pleased your stay was an enjoyable one. I will pass your comments on to the teams who i am sure will be as pleased as I am.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Had 2 nights here on a Groupon, looks nothing like the picture. Very misleading entry we went in the wrong door at first which I think was a lounge but nobody was there. We eventually found the entrance, the gardens are lovely and a nice seating area outside.When we first entered the room the first thing that hit me was the bed the duvet looked all crumpled up, but on checking it out it was full of lumps! It looked unsightly. Our room overlooked the garden which was nice. The one positive in the bathroom was the shelf to put your toiletries on, but a big negative was no privicy as the toilet was squashed right against the wall, need I say more!.
The dining room was ok but the breakfast was terrible, first the waitress sat us at a table, there was no salt or pepper, no cereal spoon on the table, there was only a few tinned oranges and cereal. Was only 1 fried egg left and this was 9.0clock breakfast finished at 9.30. The sausages were rock hard, the beans were a solid lump,When I tried to cut into the egg it was hard and gelatnous in fact the whole breakfast was terrible it felt it had been cooked the night before and heated up, We also had to ask for toast it came in a woven basket what you would put rolls in and had weave sticking out all over then we had to search for butter!,we had smelt bacon being cooked the previous night but thought it was for the evening meal but I am wondering now. We were going to eat in the restraunt for dinner but changed our minds. How this hotel got a four star rating from trip advisor I don't know, pleased we never paid the full price, We will never come here again. It was great for Chester and there was a bus stop outside. The only reason I gave this 3 stars was for the hotel itself , for the breakfast it would have been 2 stars.Also had terrible night sleep although this was not the fault of the hotel it was people being inconsiderat by banging doors late at night when we were trying to sleep

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patsy77_12

Dear Patsy,

Thank you for taking time time to review the hotel. I am sorry to hear you didnt have an enjoyable time. I have reviewed your comments with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef who are equally dissapointed with the comments made about breakfast. Please be ensured we do not cook breakfast items the night before, all the items on breakfast are freshly prepared that morning.

I think the entrance you walked in to was infact a function suite, you can access reception through the suite, I am currently reviewing our signage with the Maintenance Manager to see where improvements can be made.

Once again let me apologise for your stay at Rossett Hall.