All reviews oscars restaurant golden lion lovely hotel evening meal trouser press wonderful wedding wedding party reception area buffet style function room restaurant manager visiting chester wedding reception north wales park and ride couldn't fault full english breakfast
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The staff could not have done anymore to ensure we all had a great Xmas! I have read the reviews and for the money we paid we couldn't complain! I agree that Christmas dinner was not the best, but the staff tried really hard and after the chocolates in the Christmas stocking left on our door handle Christmas morning and a full English breakfast and then guess the weight of the Christmas cake we would surely forgive...
You must agree, you make the holiday and shouldn't rely on others to entertain!!!
I must mention Lynne who ensured the guests were entertained with a quiz and bingo on Xmas night and the band on Boxing Day was fabulous. All enjoyable and what a bargain considering the cost (believe me we paid allot more lat year and we had no entertainment at all).... We will be booking next year so see you there!

Room Tip: Always book in the extension not the old part of the building
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and i returned to Rossett Hall this Xmas after having a brilliant stay there for xmas 2010. We were disappointed with our room on arrival but were soon given another one which left a lot to be desired on the standard of bed making although the room was a lot bigger and very clean. The staff were all very friendly and although the Christmas dinner was a disaster as the hotel was fully booked and bookings were also taken for non residents who i feel got prioriy they coped well even though they were short staffed. We waited 40 minutes from being seated till receiving our starter then a further 45 mins till getting our main meal which was very disappointing and i didnt feel like eating due to waiting so long, then another wait for our sweet to arrive we didnt wait for the coffee and mince pies as we had been in the resteraunt long enough. Boxing Day dinner was splendid and made up for the disasterous Christmas Dinner. The entertainment was good during our stay and Lynn kept us
occupied with the quizz, bingo and cherades on xmas night. We made some new friends and had a lovely xmas.

Room Tip: room 50 very very small double room45 very large but noise from the kitchen fan, room 20 lovely
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janice s
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This in the whole was a good package. All the staff were lovely and very helpful. I went on this Xmas package with friends and was pleased with my room, a single occupancy in a double room. We dined in the Oscas restaurant on the evenings 23rd and 24th of December and the food and service was lovely. Unfortunately, Xmas lunch was served to residents in their other restaurant. The restaurant was very crowded and lacked the style of Oscas. The Xmas lunch was awful ( I had the turkey). Firstly, our pre chosen menu options were lost so we had to re-order. We waited nearly an hour for a bottle of champagne to arrive and the jug of water never did. There wasn't one thing about the turkey dinner I can say was nice and I left all mine after a few mouthfuls. There were not enough staff to cope with the numbers of people for the lunch. This spoilt what would have been a lovely Xmas break. Boxing day the evening meal was much better and although served in the large restaurant, we ajourned to Oscas for the evening entertainment which was good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank christine e
Reviewed December 21, 2011

A long long trip in the car, spoiled at the last minute with a car sick child, made arriving at Rossett Hall welcoming indeed. We had adjoining rooms which allowed the children to sleep in their own beds. Whilst the children were being bathed, the reception staff set about providing me with requested bucket/water/vinegar and rag to clean the car - this was provided without issue and made the car a little less offensive the next day.

The rooms were wonderfully warm and comfortable. The TV sat on a table a little low. Only one towel was provided per room, despite two people per room being booked (also reflected in our parents room across the hall). Easily fixed with a quick visit to reception. While we had a restless night with an ill child, the breakfast really did make up for it.

A full cooked breakfast - choice from a menu was beautiful. I have been waiting years for a proper poached smoked haddock! gosh it was good. This opinion was repeated by the other adults. The children were easily accommodated with cereals and a request for bacon.

Could not fault the Rossett Hall Hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cooper2085
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were using this hotel for our Office christmas works party and a few of us booked rooms. The rooms were very nice and modern, the bathroom and shower were dated but worked ok.
The Tv in the room was poor reception and unable to watch, but as we were at a party it didnt matter.
My food at the party was a overcooked lamb shank, my wifes dinner was nice salmon.
The breakfast in the morning was buffet style and very good, the staff were helpfull and polite.
I have marked the room down slightly as the floor carpet did have some marks which really should have been cleaned properly. (Rm 4)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends