“A hidden treasure!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GreenWood Forest Park (Gelli Gyffwrdd)

GreenWood Forest Park (Gelli Gyffwrdd)
More attraction details
Owner description: For family adventure visit GreenWood Forest Park – Snowdonia’s totally unique eco-attraction! Ride the world’s first people powered rollercoaster and zoom down Wales’s longest sledge run. Explore TreeTop Towers, take the Jungle Boats challenge and conquer the Crocodile Maze. Learn something new – Archery, Stilt Walking or Den Building – then stomp along the BareFoot Trail.This multi award-winning attraction promises an unforgettable family day out, whatever the weather.
Saint Helens, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stumbled upon GreenWood Forest Park when looking for a day out. It's such a fantastic place, there's loads to do, even for big kids (like us!). There's even a people powered rollercoaster! Our favorite was the Sled slide, it very fast!!
Overall It's well worth visiting and is a full day out, we'll definitely be returning - I highly recommend it!

Visited September 2013
MRowlands1, Visitor Services Manager at GreenWood Forest Park (Gelli Gyffwrdd), responded to this review, November 24, 2013
'A Hidden Treasure' - we just love this , thanks for your review and great to read you enjoyed your day with us.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“What a wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Took our 6 year old daughter for a Halloween visit this half term for the first time and what a wonderful experience it was! Peaceful, serene and just plain fun it was a wonderful change from regular old fun fair type amusement parks. There was plenty to keep my very energetic child engaged and active and the lovely woods were quite relaxing to myself and husband. The tree house was spectacular ! We undertook the barefoot walk on a mild day and though not something I thought I would enjoy, I think the whole family found the experience quite memorable. We left our visit feeling that lovely kind of exhausted from the fresh air and good times , we will definitely be back.

Visited October 2013
So good to hear that you enjoyed a visit during our Halloween celebrations. Sounds like you all had a delightful day - The Barefoot Trail is such fun in the colder weather! See you soon and thanks.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Greenwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Me and my family have been coming to this park for over 10 years.. It has got bigger and better every year. It is a fantastic day out and very reasonably priced. You need a full day to do everything and I would recommend that you take a picnic. My children always loved to have a picnic. Sadly they are now too old but we will always have very fond memories of this place.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for your review Julie, always nice to read about the memories that some people have of their children growing up and having great days out at GreenWood. We are very fortunate to have several members of staff who did in fact visit as children themselves. Let's hope you do get back to see us one day.
A TripAdvisor Member
“green wood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

when i was small i loved going to green wood to play on the zip wires and explore the world of trees.this place is ideal for a family.with things for adults and children(kids) i think u can have a amazing time for a full day in the forest.now i am oldet i still want to go on the rides....and this is not because i am a baby:))

It's really nice to hear that you are still visiting and still enjoying what the Park has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to review us, w hope you will have many years of enjoyment with us.
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Took my daughter here on Wed 23rd Oct 2013.
I've been going to North Wales now every year (sometimes twice) all my life, having family on the island. Now that my daughter comes with me I've taken her to places such as Pili Palas and the Sea zoo where I used to visit when I was small. The past few year I've seen the brochures for Greenwoods but have never been, nor had I really heard anything about it.

I made the decision to go and what a brilliant choice it turned out to be. The directions to find the Park were simple and clear on the brochure and the road signs clear too. Though I'm surprised they only use small brown tourist signs as a place this good deserves a huge sign on the main road. The fact they don't and people still seek them out probably says it all.

My family and I spent about 3 hours there and, even though it wasn't the school holidays in Wales, they had face painting, wood burning and an arts and crafts class on. Archery lessons too. My daughter loved the activities around the park such as "moon bikes", the Boat river, the sledging hill and the maze. There were loads of interesting things such as the welsh poetry standing stones, the barefoot walk and the people-powered, green roller coaster "The Green Dragon" (Y Ddraig Werdd). The huge "treetop towers" children's play area is an incredible sight, with slides and rope nets etc.

The cafe is brilliant and I have to tip my hat to the young lad behind the counter, nothing was too much trouble. The free softplay area inside is great for letting the kids burn off any excess energy they might still have after walking through the beautiful park grounds. I'd love to have been there when there was something on at the outside Theatre. There's also an outside playbarn for younger kids.

All in all a fantastic day out. I was genuinely surprised at this hidden gem and I'll definitely be going back again and again.

It is quite hilly terrain so less abled visitors may struggle or tire easily but there are benches and snack huts/vending machines for refreshments well spread out through the park.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Matt S
MRowlands1, Visitor Services at GreenWood Forest Park (Gelli Gyffwrdd), responded to this review, November 24, 2013
What a fantastic review! We always enjoy reading feedback from new customers and it's absolutely great that you finally got here after all those years. You daughter clearly had a wonderful day with us, so please come back and see those live shows, there's a Magician, a Clown and a Pirate. (2014 programme of events will be available in the coming weeks). See you soon!