“My husbands birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yr Hen Lechan - CLOSED

Yr Hen Lechan
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Wales, United Kingdom
“My husbands birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to this restaurant with family and friends on a Tuesday evening when they would not normally have Ben open. As we were such a large party the opened for us. As usual the fod and service were very good. It's a bit tucked away in Y Felinhelli but we really like it there. I sometimes go there for lunch with my Mum and daughters and the standard is always good. It is a bit more expensive than some but worth it I think. The food is well presented and the chef clearly takes pride in his cooking.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jillian M

Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Absolutely wonderful, been here many times & never failed to reach the highest standards in all aspects & excellent value.

• Visited December 2012
Caernarfon
“Superb Sixtieth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Booked the Hen Lechan for 11 people for my husband's recent sixtieth birthday, having had two previous good experiences dining here. We were not disappointed - everybody enjoyed the food and the excellent service.

I had asked in advance for a particular layout of table so that we could all chat together rather than be on a refectory type long table where those at either end can hardly see each other let alone talk to each other and this was not a problem.

I would not hesitate to recommend the restaurant to others and will go back again as soon as possible.

• Visited January 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Mostly great..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I often find that writing reviews based on one visit often don't give you a fair opinion.
So I'm writing this after my 4th visit to the Hen Llechan.
It is not far from us but often gets over looked due to it's price - it can be expensive if you go out for a meal in the evening where you have a main, pudd + wine! But day time prices for lunch and snacks are very reasonable.
Overall the food has been great on every visit but it is one for a special occasion.
Service can be a little slow but is always done with a smile.
I have enjoyed every visit and will certainly be going again as soon as I can.

• Visited January 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“How Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Chuffed to bits. Went for dinner. Quality well presented food and lovely friendly service at a reasonable price. If you like proper first rate restaurant food that doesnt break the bank check it out.

• Visited October 2012