“A massive, massive let down! AVOID!”
Review of Inveroran Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridge of Orchy
Inveroran Hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Really disappointing visit to the Inveroran Hotel. As the place has so much history I was really looking forward to visiting the hotel and made arrangements to take time out of my journey to do so. When we arrived the exterior lived up to my expectations but they came crashing back down to earth as soon as we stepped in. The place was deserted with no staff to welcome us and the foosty interior was matched with a musty smell. Toilets were filthy. Despite all this we decided to pop into the bar. I said hello to the barmaid and was stared at but not replied to. The atmosphere in the bar was far from welcoming so we decided to leave. We met a group of French tourists on the road back who were making their way there. Later on we met them again in the Bridge of Orchy Hotel. They were of the same opinion of us that Inveroran Hotel falls well short of expectations. I'd recommend to avoid at all costs. Very, very poor.

Room Tip: Try Bridge of Orchy Hotel instead!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GlaschuGael

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The only hotel in the area on the West Highland Way (except for the Bridge of Orchy hotel). Which is probably the reason they can afford not to update the rooms.
Reasonably but not overly friendly staff. Tiny rooms, tiny bathrooms. Old beds & mattrasses, old plumbing. You have to keep the windows closed to keep the midgies out. The only bright spark of our visit is the quality of the food. Real restaurant quality, freshly prepared by a knowledgable chef it seems. But all things considered you may be better of at Bridge of Orchy. REALLY needs an update of the rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbrouwer_nl
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our most expensive accommodation on the West Highland Way and the weakest offering by far. The room we had was large but not particularly well-appointed, e.g. insecure bed headboards, pokey bathroom with dirty window, and old TV. The dinner was poor quality - e.g. bland vegetables, half-cooked. Service seemed on the weak side. Some of the staff were friendly enough but overall the offering was less than expected at this price. Our impression was that this hotel, because it is the only one in the vicinity, can get away with weaker service than B&Bs in more populated areas. If doing this route again, we would rather try Bridge of Orchy or Kingshouse. A shame as the location is stunning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christabel38
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Day 4 of The West Highland Way.
I was booked in here through Contours walking holidays whilst walking The Way, I, like most people checked Trip Advisor prior to arriving and thought "Oh dear have I made an error, looking at some reports I thought I had".
I could not have been more wrong !, I received a warm friendly welcome from all the staff I came in contact with.
The staff could not do enough to help, even asking if my feet were aching.
My room was a bit on the small side, but had everything I needed in it, a shared bathroom, but only shared with one other room.
The evening meal was delicious, I had chicken wrapped in smoked bacon with veg and potatoes, very nice, hot and full of flavour.
Breakfast was equally delicious and filling, a good start to a long wet day.
Overall, the place was good value and the staff were brilliant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lovely stay in this hotel. The rooms are very clean but the absence of biscuits to go with the tea/coffee facilities felt quite mean after such a long walk. Such an inexpensive but welcome touch. Our evening meal was delicious but the hot breakfast items were a bit sparse. Interestingly, we noticed that, as we left, the serving staff sat down for their breakfasts, their plates were more generously loaded up with more items than the guests plates had been / offered. The views are magnificent tough and the situation is second to none. Would recommend but it is a little pricey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had high hopes of the Inveroran Hotel- it was our most expensive night's accommodation on WHW. Our room was tiny with a skylight style window and no view. It was a very hot day and the heating was on full blast and difficult to turn off, so the room was stifling. We had booked an ensuite but had a shared bathroom. This would all have been okay if it hadn't been so expensive- £20- £30 more than much nicer B&Bs the previous couple of nights.

On the plus side the hotel is in the most stunning setting, the food was good and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sophie H
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is on its own, on a small road which doesn't lead anywhere, in the middle of beautiful but wild countryside. To be honest the welcome we had when we arrived was less then warm- you would think they would be used to walkers turning up looking for food, but they didn't seem disposed to talk to us or help us out. We camped at the wild camping spot just along the road, but the hotel was very keen to point out that there are no facilities at the hotel to support this - which was no problem for us as it's what we were expecting, but it came across quite gruffly. We went to the bar for a drink and a meal in the evening, and that was great - it's a small place so people chat together, the barman was happy to talk a bit too, and the food (just one option!) was just what we wanted. In the morning the hotel closed its doors until 10am, even though they are serving breakfast inside to their guests. I can't imagine it would be difficult for them to open up to wild campers, even to offer a buffet. So overall it was a nice place, but don't go there expecting luxury, a traditional Scottish welcome, or a gourmet menu.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
Bridge of Orchy Hotel
Bridge of Orchy Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bridge of Orchy

Been to Inveroran Hotel? Share your experiences!