“Superb!”

Bridge of Orchy Hotel
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a fantastic welcome after my longest day on the WHW. The lady who assisted me at reception was lovely.: friendly, professional and interested. I was in one of the new rooms next to the hotel and it couldn't have been better. It was clean and comfortable with lovely light. Just right for relaxing and tending my blisters. I had dinner in the restaurant which is beautifully decorated and also had lovely light with the sun shining in at different angles. The food was good too, especially the spinach and butternut squash soup. The waiting staff were helfpul and efficient. Breakfast and packed lunch were good standard fare. Not only did I get a fabulous welcome but a great send off too from the same lady who welcomed me on my arrival. This should be a definite stop on everyone's WHW.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachel C
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you so much for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I shall pass on your comments and feedback to my team.

Thank you again and we hope you will return to the Bridge again

All the Best

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here to break up our journey to Skye.
The room was adequate, clean but noisy as we were over the bar and also at the front of the hotel next to the road. We asked to be moved but assured that the bar emptied around nine thirty as most people were tired after walking. Not the case, the noise went on til midnight.
Then finally we did sleep.
On a more positive note the food in the restaurant was very good and the staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was also good.
I would recommend the place to anyone who is happy to sit and drink in the bar and socialise for the night but for a couple of tired old fogies it wasn't really that good. The good food stopped this being poor and the noise stopped it being very good. I see people in the cabins had a much better experience .

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologise that you did not have a good sleep as the noise from the bar kept you awake. I am delighted to hear you found the staff friendly and the food great.

Please give me a shout next time you would like to come and stay and I shall upgrade you for free into one of our new rooms which is super quiet at the back of the hotel.

I do hope you will return to the Bridge of Orchy in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Want to echo the sentiments of some other people here: we stayed in the add on cabins - lovely!! A nice wooden patio for the evening sunshine(!), extremely comfy beds, very high spec and a lovely en suite bathroom. Even nice wicker chairs that we could take out to the patio, nicely needed after a hard day's walking. We actually had a camp bed in there so that the room was for 3 - it was a tight squeeze but fine, especially as we spent the evening in the lovely bar and restaurant. Fantastic food, a really lovely restaurant with great choice and a very high standard of food (and I am a snob). This was continued into breakfast the next morning - completely delicious, loads of choices (you do get a bit sick of full Scottish on the West Highland Way) and brilliant service too. Really loved this place, and am already plotting to come back on the train from Glasgow.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you are not in the main hotel - it's still lovely!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear you describe us as "lovely piece of luxury on the west highland way"

I shall pass on you positive comments and feedback to my team. Thank you once again for your lovely review.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Bride of Orchy

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel whilst walking the West Highland Way. It is in a fantastic location and the surrounding scenery is spectacular. The hotel staff were very welcoming and were willing to help in anyway possible. The terraced balcony in the bar/restaurant area catches the sun and is a perfect place to enjoy the stunning views! I am sure that we will return in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank GrahamSM

Dear Sir

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality and stay at the Bridge of Orchy.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bridge of Orchy Hotel

All the Best

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel has a good setting with magnificent views and is the most welcome sight after completing 20 miles on the West Highland Way. Top marks because we got a room with a bath which was exactly what I needed. We had a room at the back which was good because you couldn’t hear the noise of the road it sits on.
Arrival welcome and bar staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had our dinner in the bar which was very good as was breakfast. It was our most expensive night on the West Highland Way and I do feel that it is a bit over priced.
Our sleep quality was poor. Now I cannot make up my mind if it was the air-conditioning that was noisy or the extractor fans in the bathrooms,but there was a noise that went on and off all night causing me to wake several times during the night. My partner said that he felt as if he had only managed about an hours sleep because of this.
If I were to stay again I think that their new lodge style rooms may be better than the hotel building.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor. On a positive note I am pleased to hear you found the staff friendly and the food good.

I would like to apologise that you did not have a good nights sleep. Please give me a shout should you choose to stay at the Bridge of Orchy hotel and I shall upgrade you for free to one of our lovely rooms at the back of the hotel.

I do hope you will return to the Bridge of Orchy Hotel

Kind regards

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I travelled from Canada to walk the West Highland Way. Our hotel was booked by our tour company. The Bridge of Orchy Hotel was by far the best place we stayed during our hike and provided us with a much needed rest.

The staff is fabulous. We were given a very friendly welcome by the receptionist who assigned our room upon our arrival at 12:50pm which was most appreciated. Her fellow employees from Romania and Hungary were so friendly and offered great customer service.

The food is excellent. We had Lunch, Dinner and breakfast and all meals were delicious. You have the choice to have dinner in a well appointed Dining Room or the Bar Area, same menu, same price. We chose the Dining Room which was elegant.

Our room was on the second floor. It was spacious with a lovely bathroom including bath tub located on an upper level of the room. The room was clean, comfortable, large modern television and nice assortment of coffee, tea and hot chocolate and cookies.

There is free WiFi in the main floor bar and restaurant area that works well. Check-out was quick and the receptionist who turned out to be the General Manager of the Hotel Nadia Reis was extremely nice.

The area surrounding the Hotel is picturesque. A must stop if you are hiking the West Highland Way.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for you lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I am personally very proud of my team and I am delighted to hear you found them friendly and hospitable.

I shall also let Chef know you enjoyed the food and shall pass on the rest of the comments to the team

Thank you again for your review. I hope you will return and come and stay again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a delightful hotel and good all round with friendly staff and very comfortable and stylish accommodation. Food good and quality excellent. Set in such stunning scenery and right on the West highland way and the railway station nearby as is a bus stop so you could rely on public transport if need be. Ideal stopover on one t=of the most scenic routes north and used by many walkers doing the west highland way. We stopped over on the Lands End to John o Groats cycle challenge so the comfortable beds were so welcome. Would recommend it and I WILL return

Room Tip: Recommend the chalet type rooms in a stable square beside the hotel which had a strong Scandinavian...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
#1 of 3 in Ballachulish
Ardanaiseig Hotel
Ardanaiseig Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kilchrenan

Been to Bridge of Orchy Hotel? Share your experiences!