“Perfect location and amazing service”

Bridge of Orchy Hotel
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and amazing service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel whilst walking the West Highland Way. It is in a fantastic location and the surrounding scenery is spectacular. The hotel staff were very welcoming and were willing to help in anyway possible. The terraced balcony in the bar/restaurant area catches the sun and is a perfect place to enjoy the stunning views! I am sure that we will return in the future!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank GrahamSM
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality and stay at the Bridge of Orchy.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bridge of Orchy Hotel

All the Best
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel has a good setting with magnificent views and is the most welcome sight after completing 20 miles on the West Highland Way. Top marks because we got a room with a bath which was exactly what I needed. We had a room at the back which was good because you couldn’t hear the noise of the road it sits on.
Arrival welcome and bar staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had our dinner in the bar which was very good as was breakfast. It was our most expensive night on the West Highland Way and I do feel that it is a bit over priced.
Our sleep quality was poor. Now I cannot make up my mind if it was the air-conditioning that was noisy or the extractor fans in the bathrooms,but there was a noise that went on and off all night causing me to wake several times during the night. My partner said that he felt as if he had only managed about an hours sleep because of this.
If I were to stay again I think that their new lodge style rooms may be better than the hotel building.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor. On a positive note I am pleased to hear you found the staff friendly and the food good.

I would like to apologise that you did not have a good nights sleep. Please give me a shout should you choose to stay at the Bridge of Orchy hotel and I shall upgrade you for free to one of our lovely rooms at the back of the hotel.

I do hope you will return to the Bridge of Orchy Hotel

Kind regards
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I travelled from Canada to walk the West Highland Way. Our hotel was booked by our tour company. The Bridge of Orchy Hotel was by far the best place we stayed during our hike and provided us with a much needed rest.

The staff is fabulous. We were given a very friendly welcome by the receptionist who assigned our room upon our arrival at 12:50pm which was most appreciated. Her fellow employees from Romania and Hungary were so friendly and offered great customer service.

The food is excellent. We had Lunch, Dinner and breakfast and all meals were delicious. You have the choice to have dinner in a well appointed Dining Room or the Bar Area, same menu, same price. We chose the Dining Room which was elegant.

Our room was on the second floor. It was spacious with a lovely bathroom including bath tub located on an upper level of the room. The room was clean, comfortable, large modern television and nice assortment of coffee, tea and hot chocolate and cookies.

There is free WiFi in the main floor bar and restaurant area that works well. Check-out was quick and the receptionist who turned out to be the General Manager of the Hotel Nadia Reis was extremely nice.

The area surrounding the Hotel is picturesque. A must stop if you are hiking the West Highland Way.

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for you lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I am personally very proud of my team and I am delighted to hear you found them friendly and hospitable.

I shall also let Chef know you enjoyed the food and shall pass on the rest of the comments to the team

Thank you again for your review. I hope you will return and come and stay again.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a delightful hotel and good all round with friendly staff and very comfortable and stylish accommodation. Food good and quality excellent. Set in such stunning scenery and right on the West highland way and the railway station nearby as is a bus stop so you could rely on public transport if need be. Ideal stopover on one t=of the most scenic routes north and used by many walkers doing the west highland way. We stopped over on the Lands End to John o Groats cycle challenge so the comfortable beds were so welcome. Would recommend it and I WILL return

Room Tip: Recommend the chalet type rooms in a stable square beside the hotel which had a strong Scandinavian...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was looking forward to my stay at the hotel after passing it on a previous walk of the west highland way so was somewhat surprised when I checked in to be told my room was in another building outside,

externally from the front of the hotel it looked more like a garden shed than a luxury hotel room, however once inside I found that It was of a very high standard especially the on-suite facilities.

with large patio doors leading to a decked area with fantastic views, the bed was extremely comfortable, and all the facilities that you could need,

Another big plus point was the evening meal, with the beautiful restaurant serving the same menu and prices of the bar,

The pan fried Atlantic cod followed by the homemade sticky toffee pudding was to a standard found in the very best restaurants,

All the staff were extremely friendly and overall would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Edinburgh
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a few nights ago whilst walking The West Highland Way. The room was the most expensive accommodation on the way, £140 for a double room bed and breakfast. Most others were about £90. The staff at reception, the bar and dining room in the evening were very nice and helpful. In the morning we went to the hotel at 7 am, we got access about 7.10 am no one directed us where to go so we went into the dining room and had some orange juice and cereal, a stern lady came in and barked at us that we should have been in the other dining room, she then left the room abruptly, we finally got our breakfast which was nothing like the standard of our meal the night before. I would expect to have ben offered some fresh fruit not just a bowl of prunes. The poached eggs were awful, the granary toast advertised was cheap brown bread, not granary. It seems a shame to be let down by someone's bad attitude and scrimping on bread and fruit. Shame as up until then we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank TheBains
Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed here last week with husband after finishing 3rd day of WHW!! Room was within the hotel, it was lovely big & clean and our first stay that week that had a bath & not just a shower. All staff were friendly & professional really nice waiter from Romania but I cant remember his name. It was also the only place on our 5 days that we managed to get some sleep!! I would suggest some more seating if it can be squeezed in. We will be staying here again in winter with friends, really is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room facing back of hotel & not the road
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Lynn

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the bridge.

I have passed on all your positive comments and feedback to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the winter with your friends. Keep your eye open for our special offers.

All the best
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
#1 of 3 in Ballachulish
Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre

Been to Bridge of Orchy Hotel? Share your experiences!