“A Pleasant surprise”

Bridge of Orchy Hotel
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thanks for a fabulous stay on Friday 25th April.
We stayed in one of the new rooms outside, very modern looking with no windows on one side but once inside, it was fabulous. A large patio door with a decking area, lovely comfortable bed, modern shower room and perfectly clean. Also liked the chocolate buttons, a nice touch!
We have a dog and struggle finding modern nice accomodation that doesn't resemble a dog kennel for us! We last came to Scotland ten years ago and all hotels we stayed at were shabby and chintzy and we didn't have a dog then. So it was so great to find this. My husband described it as an oasis in the desert, very high praise from him.
The food was also fantastic and very reasonably priced, it was a shame we couldn't fit in a dessert. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We liked it that much we have booked another night on Friday, the only downside was we couldn't turn the towel rail off and it was very hot!

Room Tip: ask for a river riew
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed here recently with friends on the West Highland Way but have mixed views on it. The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are very modern and comfy, however the staff were unhelpful & miserable on more than one occasion. Whilst ordering a beer at the bar the staff started chatting amongst themselves and interrupted pouring the beer for a minute or two, despite me being stood right there. Then a friend who had had her phone delivered earlier in the day by one of the baggage transfer companies (she'd accidentally left it at a previous hotel) tried to locate it but none of the staff knew who had taken it or where it was, and flatly refused to help (including the duty manager) until really pushed. It turned out it had simply been left on a desk in plain view of everyone and could easily have been stolen. Similarly the bedroom, whilst nice, had very obvious maintenance flaws (toilet seat hanging off, tap covers falling off) which would be so obvious to a cleaner yet no one had bothered to fix them. Really? Its such a shame as it would otherwise be a great hotel. The food too was exceptional and worth a mention!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Compo78
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you for your your review. I would like to apologise that you felt let down by the hospitality of the staff.

I have investigated the matter and I have taken it up with all the relevant members have been dealt with. I am sorry I was not here in person to look after you and feel very disappointed that you did not experience the hospitality we normally have on offer.

Please contact me direct at the hotel so we can discuss the matter or please email me a contact number so I can contact you direct.

I look forward to hearing from you

All the best

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a short day walk for us along the WHW so even though we arrived at 1, they graciously let us up to our room, a very comfortable corner triple room in the main part of the hotel. The room was newly decorated with a wonderful modern en suite bathroom. Views down the valley were superb. We spent a relaxing afternoon in their comfy pub then had a lovely sit down dinner in their dining room. The food was excellent and service was very attentive. We set off the next morning after a lovely breakfast and friendly smile from Nadia. This is definitely a hotel that we would be happy to return to in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for recent review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel.

I have passed on all your positive comment to my staff as it it always good to hear when customers are satisfied. Once again thank you for your review.

We hope to welcome you back to the Bridge in the near future.

All the best

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We popped in yesterday for a light lunch and coffee. The barman's attitude would have put Basil Fawlty to shame. He barely spoke to us, and was dismissive of other customers who had the temerity to ask for food or drinks, or to ask questions about things that were on the menu.

That said, the food and coffee were good, but I do hope visitors to Scotland do not think that this service is representative of what the country has to offer its guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim M

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Firstly I would like to apologise about the hospitality you received at the Bridge of Orchy.

I have spoken to all our staff members regarding this review as I can assure you it is not the norm. Please could you contact the hotel as I would like to discuss the matter with yourself and see how we can redeem this situation with a future visit.

I look forward to hearing from you and once again please accept my apology

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Walking down from the WHW it looked quite ordinary but the new accommodation is first class, the staff are helpful & enthusiastic, and the food was superb. Located right on the WHW it's location was superb too.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for such a short but positive TripAdvisor review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found my staff friendly and helpful.

You comment have been passed on to my team as it always brings encouragement.

We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 14, 2014

After having come across this hotel 2011 whilst walking the WHW, we decided that if we ever got round to getting married this would be a good place to do it. We loved the tasty food, comfortable rooms and great vibe the hotel had. So, it was lucky for us that the new accommodation allowed 65 of our friends and family to join us in our celebrations.

On the weekend of the 22nd March, the whole Bridge of Orchy team really went out of their way to ensure we got just what we wanted .– an informal, relaxed, fun time with amazing food, flowing drinks and fabulous service. I honestly feel like my guests weren’t just paying lip service to the compliments about the whole day, but were truly delighted by the experience the hotel provided… from delicious unplanned dinner on the Friday night, through the whole wedding day, to a fab mass breakfast on the Sunday. I expect there will some returning guests!

Special mention must go to Nadia & Georgi who orchestrated everything perfectly. There was not one thing they could have done any better.

Thnsk so much for making us all feel so special

Colin & Kate x

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in the new complex at the back of the hotel. The room was a delight. Wonderful views, peaceful & with everything you could need. I particularly liked the lobby- perfect for wet clothes & muddy boots. The sheep wandering around was amusing & the receptionist is a real asset. Helpful & genuinely interested, she is the perfect front of house representative. Will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Tyndrum
Loch Leven Hotel
Loch Leven Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish

Been to Bridge of Orchy Hotel? Share your experiences!