“great break at longforgan”

Longforgan Coaching Inn
Longforgan Coaching Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longforgan
Dundee, United Kingdom
“great break at longforgan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great break at longforgan inn last weekend with our newly acquired doggie Jack. Staff great, meals too and company, especially the impromptu entertainment in the bar every night. Thanks to Alistair in particular who made it especially enjoyable. Six miles from where we live - would go back in a minute! Nothing any bother for the staff. Can't wait to go on Hogmanay! Rates excellent as well. Great place.

Room Tip: 214 if you have a pet and don't mind single beds. very comfy!
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank derek p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great dinner that was good pub food and very good value.
The pub is a bit dingy and dated and the rooms are tired with bathrooms that are a bit off-putting.
This is a bed for the night if you are passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Longforgan hotels

scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We only stayed one night, but i would have liked to have stayed longer! This inn is a very friendly place we were made to feel very welcome, the food is second to none !! (Try the mushrooms) there delicious :-) would deffo return and would recommend. Thanks so much ally and Shirley you have a great pub, and your staff are all brilliant.. Hope to see you all soon thank you.

Donald and Maria

Room Tip: We stayed at the front and was nice and sunny in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cinder2409
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This "hotel" is one of the worst I have stayed in over the many years of working away from home as a contractor. The beds folded up like a pitta bread when I lay down on it causing me to have an exceptionally bad back for the days following my trip. The bathroom needed updating and shower had to be adjusted every 2 minutes to keep an even temperature. The room also smelled damp. Whilst having a pint in the bar with my work colleague I went to use the toilet. On returning to the bar the "chef " from the restaurant had sat down on my barstool. He never flinched when I returned just carrying on a conversation with another person at the bar. When he finished his conversation I eventually got my seat back. Rudeness of the highest order.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Johnthook_13
dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went to hotel for one night and couldn't be made more welcome meal was absoloutley beautiful compliments to chef and staff couldn't have been nicer the entertainment was great fun and although the room was basic was lovely and clean and nice and warm many thanks for lovely stay have recommended to all my friends

Room Tip: In courtyard lovely little rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The coaching inn looks nothing like it does the paint falling off walls ,the garden is a mess i would not sit out there on the sunniest day the bed covers joined together with velcro the food was the only thing that was half decient the place was so dis organised would not recomend it at all

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jenni799
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a law abiding customer who has traveled all over the world and spent many nights in many hotels I have recieved horrendous customer service from this hotel. The strange part is I've never even stayed here!!!!!

I am being harassed by this hotel for the grand sum of £43. Someone going by a different name from me apparently stayed the night here and did not pay. Now I am being blamed. The only thing the hotel have is a telephone number. Which as I believe was given to them randomly, this telephone number happens to be mine.

Now I can not comment on the hotel itself but I can say the staff memeber or owner, he would not tell me which, who has been calling me is rude, cheeky, aggresive and threatening. The worst thing he has said to me has been: "we're going to find out where you live and send someone round there"

I have been so upset and annoyed by this that I felt the need to share it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Jane D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longforgan
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel
Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel

Been to Longforgan Coaching Inn? Share your experiences!