“Shabby”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The majority of this hotel is shabby and dated, broken furniture, paper pealing off walls, stained carpets etc. We stayed at this hotel for two nights as we were attending a wedding nearby. In total we occupied 24 rooms and most were of poor standard. Several guests had to be moved rooms as some were too bad. This is advertised as a four star hotel and spa - never in a million years !!
The cleaning staff expected to get into your room at 8 am and were quite annoyed if you refused to let them in, On the final morning an 82 year old woman was sitting in reception with all her luggage at 8 am as the cleaner told her he had to clean her room - check out was suppose to be available until 11am, Several others had similar demands from the cleaning staff but were able to refuse entry to their rooms until they checked out.
Plus side - the reception and restaurant staff were helpful and friendly and are obviously not responsible for the poor standard of this hotel.
Would I recommend this hotel - NEVER !!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kaybrown1955
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. We appreciate your feedback although it seems on this occasion you did not enjoy your time with us.

I can only apologise if you were disturbed by our housekeeping team they do always try to announce themselves to all guests when servicing rooms. I would however like to question one of your points regarding the hotel and the maids asking guests including an 82 year old woman to leave their rooms whilst they are serviced. This is not true and I can assure all viewers of this review it is surprising to read these comments.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further with me please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

There are newer reviews for Erskine Bridge Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed in Erskine Bridge hotel recently with work, and would never ever stay here again. Firstly the hotel is so dated and as soon as you walk in , the smell of dirty stale carpet hits you. Staff friendly enough. The lifts are so old and both times we used it, they got stuck on a level , other guest had to pull the doors open with there hands, we were on the 6th floor, as soon as you opened the door, disgusting smell was worse, like old stale dirty carpets. Room was a good size but very dated. Windows looked like with some wind they would blow in. The bathroom although modern, the door has hanging on one hinge , could have easily fell on you so you were unable to close it. On the ceiling half the room was full of damp with wall paper hanging off. As well as all of these things, the bed linen smelled like stale cooking , like they had been stored beside the kitchen, which made both me and my colleague feel physically sick when we went to bed, ended up covering our pillows with our clothes to mask the smell. Over all it was a nightmare, I have visited better homeless hostels through my job. The room was £69 and was not worth a single penny. avoid this hotel like the plague.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Cherie H
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with what the hotel had to offer.

The review is quite unfair to the hotel, having looked through our guest log book at no point during your stay did you contact a member of the team to address any of the points you have mentioned in the review. The entrance area to the hotel is tiled and has no carpets and I can assure tripadvisor users there is no dirty stale smell the reviewer mentions. All of our bed linen is fresh and stored adequately and not next to any cooking areas or ventilation systems.

Should you wish to discuss this review with me personally feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

attended wedding on Friday 09 August and Spa Break on 10th August - cannot fault the food on either day although the drink was expensive - 9.20 for 2 vodkas and mixers - but was not really there for the booze - the staff were extremely helpful and struck up some conversations with them as they were very keen to help in any way - the spa was excellent - jacuzzi , steam room , sauna of good quality - the pool was a little on the cool side and was the same depth throughout - about 1.2 metres - the staff were extremely helpful when in the spa and were constantly cleaning the poolside - the changing rooms had spacious seating and the poolside chairs were robust enough to take my weight - and i am hefty - overall a great spa experience - and will be returning

just a few minor quibbles about the hotel
(1) only one lift working
(2) could not connect to wifi
(3) room 108 door key - was extremely difficult to get access to room - sometimes took a couple of minutes to get access - did report to reception - dont know if anyone looked at it
(4) Room was clean except for an extremely dirty bath mat
(5) No black pudding on breakfast menu - hehe

To myself I consider these minor issues that did not impact on me and wife to be in having a great time but for other people it could well be different - ie people with mobility issues

Overall a good experience and will certainly use again - hopefully the minor points raised will be rectified especially the black pudding

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and thank you for awarding us full marks.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My niece was married here on 4 aug 2013
The operations manager Nav was very efficient and attentive and made sure the whole day went without a hitch which it did!
He was outstanding and all his staff
I would recommend this hotel to anyone getting married or holding an event
The meal was excellent and served on time with no waiting about !
We all had a fantastic day and its a memory for life and we were all very happy with the day and how it went
Thanks again to Nav and all the staff at the erskine bridge hotel x❤

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The review has been shared with the team here at the hotel and they were all delighted to hear such fantastic feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My fiancé and I booked our wedding at the erskine bridge hotel and from the moment we met Nav and then Tony we knew we were in capable hands,

There was no stress, nothing was too much trouble and if they couldn't do something for us(I don't think there was anything) then they assured us they would know someone who could.

The run up to the wedding was a series of appointments at times that suited us and we discussed the progress, changes and requirements in a level of detail suited to us, nothing at anytime was too much trouble.

The day itself is where the hotel really excelled themselves with the master of ceremonies (nav)putting us both at ease and taking over the running of the day. All we had to do was enjoy ourselves. Literally that was our remit on the day, we were literally forbidden from being involved in anything other than being with our guests, the day ran seamlessly from start to finish.

With food that quite simply was almost of a Michelin standard in our opinion. Beautifully presented and the guests only complaint was they were stuffed, a great complaint I am sure you will agree.

Room was also excellent standard with gorgeous views

The next morning the hotel were just as lovely with all our guests praising them for their work ethic and excellent service.

Mr and Mrs Kerr

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding at The Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa. We were delighted to have the opportunity to host such a special day for you both.

On behalf of all the staff and management at the hotel I would like to wish you both the best of luck in your future together. A warm welcome awaits you on your return to the hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My son got married here yesterday. The staff are all so helpful, the food was great and nothing was too much trouble for them. They made sure everything was done to perfection. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review your comments are appreciated. I do hope we have the pleasure of hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was travelling with a tour group so had not chosen the hotel myself. The reception was friendly, and the staff polite and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable but boiling hot, and the windows barely opened a few inches. There was a permanent loud noise next to my room (117) which kept me awake. Breakfast was acceptable, but there was no fresh fruit. The evening meals were dreadful, with total absence of fresh ingredients. I will normally eat anything, but not heaps of over-boiled, old tatties and mushy cabbage. Only one lift was working, and the stairs very difficult for older people.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south west have a splendid view of Erskine Bridge but get too hot in warm weather. Avoi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Frances W

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your positive comments regarding the staff at the hotel, they do work incredibly hard to ensure our guests are looked after.

I am however sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the food the hotel has to offer and comments have been noted and will be discussed at our next food & beverage meeting.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Dumbarton
Travelodge Dumbarton
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!