“Fantastic stay, wedding and staff”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My fiancé and I booked our wedding at the erskine bridge hotel and from the moment we met Nav and then Tony we knew we were in capable hands,

There was no stress, nothing was too much trouble and if they couldn't do something for us(I don't think there was anything) then they assured us they would know someone who could.

The run up to the wedding was a series of appointments at times that suited us and we discussed the progress, changes and requirements in a level of detail suited to us, nothing at anytime was too much trouble.

The day itself is where the hotel really excelled themselves with the master of ceremonies (nav)putting us both at ease and taking over the running of the day. All we had to do was enjoy ourselves. Literally that was our remit on the day, we were literally forbidden from being involved in anything other than being with our guests, the day ran seamlessly from start to finish.

With food that quite simply was almost of a Michelin standard in our opinion. Beautifully presented and the guests only complaint was they were stuffed, a great complaint I am sure you will agree.

Room was also excellent standard with gorgeous views

The next morning the hotel were just as lovely with all our guests praising them for their work ethic and excellent service.

Mr and Mrs Kerr

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding at The Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa. We were delighted to have the opportunity to host such a special day for you both.

On behalf of all the staff and management at the hotel I would like to wish you both the best of luck in your future together. A warm welcome awaits you on your return to the hotel.

Kind regards,

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My son got married here yesterday. The staff are all so helpful, the food was great and nothing was too much trouble for them. They made sure everything was done to perfection. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review your comments are appreciated. I do hope we have the pleasure of hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was travelling with a tour group so had not chosen the hotel myself. The reception was friendly, and the staff polite and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable but boiling hot, and the windows barely opened a few inches. There was a permanent loud noise next to my room (117) which kept me awake. Breakfast was acceptable, but there was no fresh fruit. The evening meals were dreadful, with total absence of fresh ingredients. I will normally eat anything, but not heaps of over-boiled, old tatties and mushy cabbage. Only one lift was working, and the stairs very difficult for older people.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south west have a splendid view of Erskine Bridge but get too hot in warm weather. Avoi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Frances W

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your positive comments regarding the staff at the hotel, they do work incredibly hard to ensure our guests are looked after.

I am however sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the food the hotel has to offer and comments have been noted and will be discussed at our next food & beverage meeting.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a wedding in this hotel and that side of our stay was great. The meal was nice, the serving staff were polite and the bar staff efficient and friendly.

However the first negative part was when we first arrived to check in. I booked a family room a few months ago and phoned two weeks ago to ask checkin time (2pm) and told staff that we would be getting ready in our room for the wedding at 3pm, so we would need access at 2pm. I was assured that would be fine. But when we arrived yesterday at 2pm I was told by the male receptionist that the room wasn't ready because it was a family room (!). I told him I had phoned previously to check what time we could access the room and he said "you didn't phone today". No, because I phoned 2 weeks ago. Then my friend who had also booked a family room then checked in and was given a key! He told me to wait and the room would be ready in a few minutes. At 2.20 we were given our key. There wasn't an apology, sorry to keep you waiting, just a negative and unfortunate manner.

Also, our family room for 4 people was a single bed, then 2 beds pushed together for 3 people to share. Not what I'd expect for a family room but because it was only one night we accepted it.

There is a lot of noise in the corridors due to the room doors having to be banged shut each time.

Overall we had a good time, but it could have been better.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us. You have raised some points with the check in process on your visit so these will be taken up with the hotel front of house team to ensure it simply does not happen again. On a side note I am glad to hear you enjoyed the wedding you attended and your comments regarding the staff are pleasing to hear.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Set in nice grounds on the south bank of the River Clyde this is a typical one night stay business hotel. From the outside the sixties style dirty grey pre-cast concrete constuction and alluminium sliding windows give a poor impression. Inside though the public rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable. The bedrooms are basic and need some updated furnishing. Food is average for the coach tour customers. Bar prices are expensive. I would not like to stay here more than one night. It did not help when the fire alarm went off at 2 AM, leaving pyjama clad customers in the car park for half an hour (it was a false alarm).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brimar3942

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A purpose built Hotel both the room and the furniture were OK, comfortable and clean. The view from the room of the bridge was spectacular. We were with our local coach tour company so cannot comment on the value for money etc. On the plus side the staff were obliging and friendly, overall the hotel was OK but like to many hotels there are usually a few niggles. One of two lifts was out of order so with the number of rooms/floors here at times there were delays. Meals are also another potential source of discontentment, the Chicken was rather tough and the Fish Bake was more like a soup, the rest of the evening meal was fine. Breakfast was pretty much up to standard.
The Hotel is rather isolated but there is a very pleasant walk along the river to the base of the bridge. Stayed in room 408.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us I am glad to hear you enjoyed the fantastic views the hotel has to offer.

We do appreciate your valuable feedback and will use this to help us identify where we can improve on our standards.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was flying out to Toronto the next morning and the description made it sound as if it would get my holiday off to a wonderful start. The weather was very hot and the window didn't open (third floor) so I slept fitfully. My dinner (included in the package) was nice but they had run out of vanilla icecream and my second choice of dessert wasn't available either.
The room decor was tired and the bathroom (although clean) was very worn looking. The ancient television didn't have many channels and was poorly mended on one corner with duck tape.
The continental breakfast was rather sad - watered down fruit juice and processed meat with cheddar cheese - not very continental!
All in all a disappointing experience and I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Happytrails87

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were not entirely pleased with your stay.

I can only apologise for your preferred dessert options not being available we do on the odd occasion run out of popular dishes during busier periods however we will always try and offer another choice when this happens.

We do appreciate your valuable feedback and will use this to help us identify where we can improve on our overall guest experiences.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!