“nice but a bit dated”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“nice but a bit dated”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

First impression of hotel makes you a bit wary, it is dated and needs brought up to date. Rooms were very good though. We were on 6th floor, rooms were clean and spacious and bathroom was new and spotless.
Checkin was a bit slow and overall service was slow. Bar food was ok. Overall enjoyed overnight stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at back have nice view of river clyde. Lifts a bit noisy and we were at far end.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am please to hear that overall you had a pleasant stay. We welcome your feedback and will use this to continuously improve our standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Polish first
armagh
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as attending an event. Free shuttle from airport was a good start though the bus was pretty grubby. Hotel reception looked nice. Upstairs was a different story. The decor was strange! Each floor a different colour- bright red, blue, green?! Most doors on our corridor had broken handles and looked like they'd been kicked in! Our room was ok but in need of an update. Why would anyone choose to stay here over a premier inn? Double the price n no clue about cleaning standards! Service in the bar was slow. The dining room for breakfast was like a school canteen. The food of of poor quality and poorly presented. The hotel itself is 20mins from any good restaurants or shops. Taxi's seem to run late as did the shuttle bus back to the airport- we stood 40mins waiting on bus and with no apology from the bus driver. In short- I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank ownerArmagh
Thank you for your review. I have sent you a message through tripadvisor to gather some more detail with regards to your stay. I look forward to hearing from you so I can investigate and actions the points made in the review to ensure no repeat for future guests.

Operations Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Erskine hotels

Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

After reading reviews on here I was quite anxious about visiting this hotel, room was great and modern and very clean, staff were friendly and very helpful, corridors were a little dated but that is only thing I could say wrong about this hotel, we used it as a base between glasgow and loch lomond which was ideal, breakfast was help yourself buffet style which we always enjoy there was plenty of choice and staff were efficient with clearing and serving got drinks, all in all we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and will definitely use again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you enjoyed your time at Loch Lomond.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lancashire
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Hotel was the first stop on a trip from 'bottom to top' and although the place was expected to be a bit worn, we were tired and hungry so we ignored the aesthetics to a certain degree and went down to eat; the food was not good! Badly cooked, cold and tasteless.
The Staff were excellent but pushing against the tide at all times.
Thank Heaven it was only one night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your found our staff excellent. I have sent you a direct message to gather the specifics of your dining experience with us so the points can be actioned with the team.

I look forward to hearing from you.

lancashire
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having read some of the previous reviews, I was a little apprehensive about booking this hotel for a 2 night stay.

When you drive up to the front of the hotel it looks a little like a muti-story car park, however the reception staff greeted us with smiles and when asked questions about the hotel and surrounding area answered with very professional and knowledgeable replies.

I enquired about the restaurant menu and was told this was not available until 5:30 pm as it changed daily, I cannot believe the chef had not bought in the relevant ingredients to be able to decide what would be on the menu way ahead of this time, because of this I booked our group into a very nice Italian restaurant nearby and the hotel lost out on 13 covers.

The room was just as expected in this type of hotel, it was clean and functional with tea and coffee making facilities and a recently updated bathroom (nice white and bright), The heating system needs updating as our room was very hot whilst some of our friends told us their room was too cold.

There is a pleasant walk by the river with a small shopping centre close by (5 minutes).

Breakfast was good with a reasonable selection of hot and cold selections, however on the first morning I had porridge that had been made with milk/cream but on the next day it was made with water, not sure why.

If you are looking for 5 stars then book another hotel, however if you are looking for an affordable short stay with clean rooms and polite staff give this place a try.

2 Thank CCDH
Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed to hear you did not have the opportunity to dine with us in the Riverfront Bistro. At present we are offering a seasonal menu which changes on a weekly basis and there is from time to time small changes which it seems on this occasion caused a delay in the menu being displayed for the evening service.

I would hope you get the opportunity to dine with us on your next visit. Fell free to contact me directly should you have any further requirements to use the hotel and I would be more than happy to email you a copy of the menu in advance of your stay.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for just one night,prior to going on holiday,true to say it is a little tired around the edges,but it didn't affect the quality of my stay,hotel is spotless,well managed,efficent&had a calm quietness about it,just the kind of calm I needed before the storm of trekking off on a long haul holiday,I have no complaints

Room Tip: If you are hoping to spend a few hours at the bar before your trip,be advised the bar closes at 11 s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the hotel. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for perhaps your next holiday abroad keep an eye on the hotel website for any special offers and last minute deals!

York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Travel across the Erskine Bridge from the M8 and look right and you will see the Erskine Bridge Hotel in all it's glory. Depending on your architectural leanings you will either think it is a fine example of brutal architecture and should be cherished or it resembles a 1970's concrete car park. Necessity had required a visit and I will probably not return. I do have to start by congratulating the staff who worked valiantly to put a positive spin on this very tired hotel. They were very positive and helpful but could not make up for the failings. The accommodation was very tatty, broken and useless furniture, stained baths and bed frames, loose electrics all issues that make for a very poor impression. Stay here if you have to and be positive with the staff as they are working hard to make you feel welcome but can not overcome the failings of this hotel which is in dire need of some TLC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments in relation to your stay with us here at the hotel. We are trying to make improvements to the few bedrooms which are left to be upgraded so I would hope you get the opportunity to come back and experience these. I am glad to report works have commenced to improve the general outlook of the hotel and the grounds areas which again I would hope you would notice if you were to return.

I do really hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the future and would ask that you contact me directly at n.purewal@cosmopolitan-hotels.com should you have any requirements.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!