“Decent economical hotel”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed January 22, 2013

During scotland trip last year with Kesari group, we stayed at this hotel close in Glasgow. It was a nice hotel in terms of value for money but it was lacking in terms of cleaniness of rooms and quality of service. Also it's bit far from Glasgow city center George square.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa I am glad to hear you found the hotel good value for money.

There have been many positive changes in the hotel since your visit 6 months ago. We would love to welcome you back again in the future so you can see the improvments made.

Regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We booked to stay here on our way back from Skye, as we had looked online and the pictures of the rooms looked ok. It was a similar price to a travelodge / premier inn so were expecting a similar standard.

When we arrived outside, our initial thought was that The hotel was very dated. The reception area was nice though, and we went upstairs to our room. The floors in the hotel are all decorated in hideous colours (red / orange / green) depending which floor you get.

The first room we were given was right next to the lift, really noisy. However, I was more disappointed with the dated decor and the tired and worn furniture, especially since it looked nothing like it did on the web. There was no safety catch on the sliding windows, which were old and metal. We asked for a different room, and were moved a few doors down, away from the lift but to a similarly decorated room. When going into the bathroom, the sink had a large crack in it and there were stains in the bath where a tap had obviously leaked.

We asked for a 3rd room, quite upset at this point as we'd been travelling for several hours, and pointed out to the guy on reception that the rooms we had been given looked nothing like they did on the website, and we were considering leaving the hotel and going elsewhere. We were given a refurbished room which was Ok, and decided to stay as we were exhausted. If we had been given this room first, we would have thought it ok as was a similar standard to a dated travelodge.

Breakfast the next day was ok, but to be honest we didn't hang around. We didn't use the bar or the restaurant, or the pool as we decided to just go out and get away from the hotel and just use it as somewhere to sleep. There were national holidays coaches here when we stayed so can only assume that they get a lot of these at a weekend.

We won't be back, I can't really put in words how disappointed I was with the hotel. We will be in this vicinity again in a few months and this time have booked the travelodge at Glasgow airport which was much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsw_88
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay from October 2012.

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the room allocated to you on your stay. I happy to report that most of the rooms in the hotel have been modernised and the feedback from our guests has been fantastic.

I would hope you would give us the opportunity to show you the great progress that has been made in recent months throughout the hotel.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in January. Although the room I was given had not been servced the young man on reception was very apologetic and gave me a replacement room immediately. a pat on the back to him. This is a big hotel probably built in the 60's and as such it's not of the best architecture and there's not much you can do about the styling unless you spend £millions, so on a balanced view I found this hotel suited my needs of a warm, clean, comfortable stay with friendly staff. The food in the bar was reasonable and the breakfast was good. The room I had was quite nice and had obviously been recently refurbished and the bathroom was modern and clean. I would have no hesitation staying here again, and there's a health club for use by the residents at ne extra cost and free wifi.

Room Tip: Don't forget your swimwear for the Spa !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at the hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be good value for your money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and i booked 3 nyts from hogmany till the 3rd. Room was very clean bathroom was spotless. On arrival we where greeted by a lovely man at reception very plesant. Tea coffee was available in room a little bag with tablet sweets in where in room for us arriving nice touch.
Have read alot of reviews and iv gotta say dont listen to them. Its an old hotel can do with a tidy up but nothing major.
Sauna swimming was grreat staff where brill.
We had breakfast and it was smashing plenty to choose from and barbara at breakie was very attentive and welcoming.
We met alot of the staff and iv gotta say from reception to cleaners they where all realy nice great welcome great stay great time had by my husband and i thankyou all so much.

Room Tip: Our room was standard and was very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dorothy K
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Hello Dorothy,

Thank you for choosing The Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa for your recent New Years break. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it is especially pleasing to read your glowing report on the staff here at the hotel. I will make sure your kind words are passed on.

A warm welcome awaits you on your return to the hotel.

Have a wonderful 2013!

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Just as previous person stated my stay for the new year was very good.. I was part of a coach party who were there for three nights....the young staff worked very hard to make sure we were all looked after..the food was excellent...my only disappointment was the dj . He continually asked for requests but took no notice and played his Neil diamond records far too much.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank jeanette62
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Hello Jeanette,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa. I would just like to say what a incredible pleasure it was to look after you all from The Owens Travel Master group.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us at such a special time of the year. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Have a wonderful 2013!!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

went to the hogmany gala ball on 31.12 12,what a great night ,food and entertainment was fantastic,the staff were nice and freindly ,stayed overnight ,the room was great,immaculate and had everything i needed,for the price its great value ,we had dinner at 8 ,the ball was on until 2 30 am and at around 1am i was starting to feel peckish and then the staff appeared with hot rolls on sausage ,brilliant ! after a great sleep went down for breakfast ,and it was lovely,a nice hot breakfast to start the day ,i will certainly be going back , well done to all the staff

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pauline c

Thanks for taking the time to review your time with us PaulineC.

I think we can all say that everyone at the hotel on Hogmanay had a fantastic time. We are delighted you and your party decided to choose us for such a important date in the calender year.

The rolls & sausage hit the spot it seems! There were a good few hangovers the following morning in the dining room.

Have a wonderful 2013 and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

After reading all the recent reviews for this hotel I was concerned that we were in for a rough night, but I can safely say there was no need for concern.

There were at least ten of us staying at the Erskine and we were all wary of the reviews warning of rooms that were falling apart and smelling old. I'm guessing the place was in need of a lick of paint and some TLC, which is what encouraged some of the more negative reviews, but the refurbishment work has been fantastic and the whole place looks great now!

The bedrooms look absolutely lovely and the bathrooms feel clean with perfectly hot (and pressured) showers. Along with the refurb seems to have come an awareness of social media that makes The Erksine (and its staff) that bit more accessible.

I think the most important thing to mention (and this deserves its own paragraph) is the breakfast. I'm a big fan of the full English buffet and will always make the most of it. The Erskine's breakfast is just that little bit tastier, and - most importantly - the eggs are fried individually and their yolks aren't allowed to dry out under the heating lamps. Hallelujah.

Lovely rooms, good beds, fresh breakfast, hot showers, friendly and responsive staff. Easy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon H

Thanks for your lovely review SimonH. I am delighted the hotel had the opportunity to look after you all despite your initial concerns from older reviews.

A warm welcome awaits you all on your return.

Navjeet Purewal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!