“Best for visiting Loch Lamond.”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Breakfast was good. View was good. Room was hot and no facility to change temperature. Great pool with Jacuzzi and they provided us towels as well. We definitely recommend for families with kids.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ojasR

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ok for a one night stay, rooms dated bathroom could do with being refurbed as alot ofthe grout was dirty or missing. Quad room but only 2 cups, child could get out of the windows when open with no safty feature. Staff friendly vey basic meals too expensive but transfers are free.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Stupau
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Booked the erskine with mixed feelings as the reviews were a mixed bag.All I can say is what a find!.All the staff were very helpful and cheerful but special mention has to go to the waiting staff, well done girls you were brilliant.Our room was modern and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom which had lovely white soft fluffy towels.We used the swimming pool which again was new and spotless as well.We booked on a dbb basis and the food quality was excellent.I ordered the tapas and couldn't believe the amount I got and it was oh so delicious, what a good way to start a meal.Breakfast was lovely too. We decided to stay on our return from holiday and the 2nd visit was as good as the first,we will always use this hotel from now on to stay in before flying from Glasgow airport. It is unbelievable value for money.

Room Tip: We had rooms facing the bridge and the view was stunning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnakaphil
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Mam and i have just come back from a National Holidays 2 day break, we found the hotel very impressive, friendly helpful staff, clean,and traditionally tartan decor, our room unfortunately was extremely hot, we had an awful job opening the window,the view was amazing though.. The meals were excellent, but the service was very slow...the buffet style breakfast was much better service.
We found the nearest pub which was worth the dark muddy walk, unfortunately no proper footpaths or very well lit en route..we would know what to expect next time...as despite its few flaws, we thought we had excellent value for money and had a fabulous breakaway...

Room Tip: Each floor is decorated in different type tartan, our room overlooked the River Clyde and bridge...w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Annette B
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We travelled to the Erskine Bridge Hotel from Dumfries for an overnight stay again. What a difference we saw from our trip earlier in the year. The broken chairs around the pool had been replaced and the sauna was fine. Our room on the 2nd floor gave us a shock as the carpet was threadbare, curtains didn't block out the light and the decor was very dated, unlike our return trip when we were in the room nextdoor which was gorgeous! Lovely clean brand new bathroom and the curtains and bedding in fact everything in the room looked shiny and new. We made good use of the pool, jacuzzi, steam and sauna on our way out and noticed that the changing rooms have brand new showers and "stable" doors which were fantastic. All the decorating has been done and oh boy what a difference!!! The food was fantastic and we had a piper that evening as their was a party of tourists dining and it really added to the holiday atmosphere. We will definitely book this hotel every time we fly from Glasgow and enjoy the really friendly staff based there. I'm sure all the rooms will be upgraded eventually so just be patient - well that's my hope anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a peaceful refurbished room. Always have dinner - it's superb!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jules162
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Being 40 years old, this concrete hotel is looking its age and could do with being refurbished. Bit slow at reception. The heating is old fashioned air vents in metal panels under the window with flaps that opened and closed but not that effective. Cathode ray TV is old hat but I didn't acre as I had little time to use it. The room was very hot when I arrived but the sliding window opened wide so I was happy. Having said that, the room was very clean and tidy and the bathroom oh so bright with downlighters on all white decor. The view was awesome (see pictures) especially in early morning up the River Clyde towards Glasgow city. Truely inspiring in the beautiful weather.
I was there for a weekend conference and the meals were good. I liked the dining room.
I had wondered about the load of cars parked on the very muddy lawns. The hotel is very convenient for Glasgow Airport (10 mins by shuttle bus) and there are good deals for room and long term parking. I didn't have time for to try the spa. It looked popular.

Room Tip: With 6 floors to choose from , the view from the top is awesome, in either direction.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The airport parking is actually just a large field next to the hotel. And when I say field I mean...field. There is no lighting, no pathways, no set-out parking spaces, no attendants, no netting to stop the grass from turning into grade-A mud when it rains.

Upon collecting the car, all these issues that seemed relatively minor when leaving the car on a dry afternoon, very quickly became major ones. Of course, I collected our car at midnight, in the rain, after a long day of travel, with my wife and sleeping baby waiting. So in the pitch dark I walked through the wet grass and mud, found the car and then proceeded to coat the entire car in an inch of mud with my efforts to get out of the car park. Oh, did I mention NO DISCERNABLE EXIT in my list of things that the "car park" didn't have?! So quite pleased with myself at managing to manoeuver the car out of it's space I then struggled to actually get out of the field. I think what had happened was the hotel, in some kind of ill-advised, half-hearted attempt to control the flow of traffic in and out of the field, had cordoned off one of the entrances/exits, leaving only one way out, which was rather a tight squeeze and obstructed by parked cars and huge mud-filled ravines just waiting to break my car. In my attempts to exit I did end up getting stuck for a few worrying minutes but after spraying mud everywhere and probably half-wrecking my car I eventually managed to escape.

I will stop ranting now. Suffice to say, the 'airport parking' is a joke. A really bad joke and the hotel should convert the field into a proper parking area or stop offering the service. I did complain to the staff at the desk about my experience and they promised me a phone call from the manager the next morning. I am still waiting for that call.

Before our departure on holiday (and before the above escapade) we did stay in the hotel. The rooms were OK but in need of refurbishment, the baby cot was not set up (despite a pre-arrival request to do this), the noise from the function downstairs was noticeable and the bed was, quite frankly, pretty shocking. Lumpy and with springs digging into our backs, it did not provide a comfortable few hours sleep before getting up at 3 in the morning for our early morning flight.

So unfortunately I an unable to recommend this hotel on any level. And I remain really quite angry about my midnight experience in the field of doom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A_GRINGO_82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!