Erskine Bridge Hotel
$191
$159
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
$127
Travelocity
$50
Travelodge
1,470 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesan overnight stayparty nightgreat value for moneycourse mealbuffet stylegreat nightfood was lovelyfrom start to finishsoupclydedjweenav
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The airport parking is actually just a large field next to the hotel. And when I say field I mean...field. There is no lighting, no pathways, no set-out parking spaces, no attendants, no netting to stop the grass from turning into grade-A mud when it rains.

Upon collecting the car, all these issues that seemed relatively minor when leaving the car on a dry afternoon, very quickly became major ones. Of course, I collected our car at midnight, in the rain, after a long day of travel, with my wife and sleeping baby waiting. So in the pitch dark I walked through the wet grass and mud, found the car and then proceeded to coat the entire car in an inch of mud with my efforts to get out of the car park. Oh, did I mention NO DISCERNABLE EXIT in my list of things that the "car park" didn't have?! So quite pleased with myself at managing to manoeuver the car out of it's space I then struggled to actually get out of the field. I think what had happened was the hotel, in some kind of ill-advised, half-hearted attempt to control the flow of traffic in and out of the field, had cordoned off one of the entrances/exits, leaving only one way out, which was rather a tight squeeze and obstructed by parked cars and huge mud-filled ravines just waiting to break my car. In my attempts to exit I did end up getting stuck for a few worrying minutes but after spraying mud everywhere and probably half-wrecking my car I eventually managed to escape.

I will stop ranting now. Suffice to say, the 'airport parking' is a joke. A really bad joke and the hotel should convert the field into a proper parking area or stop offering the service. I did complain to the staff at the desk about my experience and they promised me a phone call from the manager the next morning. I am still waiting for that call.

Before our departure on holiday (and before the above escapade) we did stay in the hotel. The rooms were OK but in need of refurbishment, the baby cot was not set up (despite a pre-arrival request to do this), the noise from the function downstairs was noticeable and the bed was, quite frankly, pretty shocking. Lumpy and with springs digging into our backs, it did not provide a comfortable few hours sleep before getting up at 3 in the morning for our early morning flight.

So unfortunately I an unable to recommend this hotel on any level. And I remain really quite angry about my midnight experience in the field of doom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A_GRINGO_82
Reviewed October 16, 2012

On entering our room it was far too hot! The heating system was ancient and would not turn off!
The room decor was awful, wallpaper peeling off walls and carpet was dirty! In need of serious refurbishment!
We requested a travel cot for our 8 month old which was fine, but we were given an old fleece blanket for it which was itchy and had clearly not been washed as it had food on it! Luckily we had our own blanket for our baby!
The bathroom was ok on first inspection but on a closer look the paint on the bath was flaking off and shower was useless! Also at night there were tiny insects crawling around the bath! (Yuk)
We used the swimming pool which was lovely and warm and the changing rooms seemed to have been newly refurbished! This was the only part of the hotel I would recommend!
Breakfast was average!
All and all pretty terrible! Will not be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Aimeecxx
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel to find there were no lights to guide you. Probably just as well given the state of the place. It looked like an old prison, which had been decorated to look like ... An old prison! The rough walls were green, as was the ceiling.

The rooms looked like they hasn't been decorated in years and the loo handle came off in my hand.

The restaurant was fine and the meal was very cheap (£10 for a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc so can't really complain) though the main meal did taste like it had just come out of the freezer.

The staff were very friendly though.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed for 7 nights on a golf trip with family and found the rooms clean and well maintained.
The front desk crew was very knowledgeable about the areas and most helpful. Restaurant was clean and the staff were very friendly. Food was good. Breakfast buffet was great!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 6th floor. Rooms were great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here with 72 others for a weekend dance event...rooms well enough equipped and clean...corridor paintworks are migraine inducing....apparently they were the work of some colour blind designer..floor 6 is a lurid shade of orangish red (including the cieling!!). The restaurant food was adequate, however the service was abysmal...seated at 6 pm, order taken at 6.05, starter served at 6.45 (it was a salad, not hot food that needed cooking or anything complex...a small salad, heaven knows why it took 45 minutes to arrive)...main courses were grim and were not served till 7.30....did not bother with a sweet had lost appetite by 7.31.

The function suite ...oh dear, dull, shabby and lifeless. Parking...loads of it...if you don't mind parking on muddy grass. The spa, great pool, freshly decorated changing area...lockers..oh oh, missing doors, handles, locks.

The hotel and it's decor are a bit of a patchwork, some of it is very pleasant and some of it is not....and that pretty much sums up the staff too. Similarly the view of the Clyde is interrupted by pylons and punctuated with warehouse style storage...so if you are hoping for a fantastic view to take your mind of the sullen staff, disasterous food and murderous paint schemes...think again.

Location wise, this hotel is NOT close to the airport, local bus transport is a joke and the hotel transfer service runs once per hour...so too bad if your flight time does not fit with the schedule.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends