“An experience”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Chose the hotel as it was reasonably close to where I had to be in Glasgow and noted previous reviews which varied from excellent to awful. We had a refurbished room with good bathroom and roomlights but the bed was ancient and very hard and the furniture had seen better days. Previous reviews had mentioned overheated rooms, if only. The room was cold, refurbished but still single glazed windows, and the hotel public rooms were bitter. As far as I could tell the underwindow heaters in the public areas were not working at all and there were odd electric heaters dotted around. Strange to see people eating dinner in scarves. The breakfast was ok though the continental part a bit limited but dinner was poor. Slow roast beef on horseraddish mash, beef dry, no detectable horseraddish and the mash could be carved it was that hard. The leisure club had all the facilities but was tatty and talking to a regular member they said it had been deteriorating for the last 12 years. Staff were making the best of it but if the owners don't want to invest then the downward trend will continue.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same. They are refurbishing so bit of luck as to which you get. Good view...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really do appreciate your feedback as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay.

Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and if you would be able to contact me directly here at the hotel with your details and date of stay the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed at this hotel Saturday 3rd December 2011. The room as decorated to a high standard and the bathroom is one of the cleanest I have ever seen in a hotel, however, from thereon in unfortunately everything is not as good as it could be. All I will say is watch the lady behind the hotplate at breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank pdg_67
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted you were happy with the standard and cleanliness of the bedroom.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel so I can get more detailed feedback with regards to your breakfast experience as we are constanly looking for feedback so we can improve on our service standards.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

we had our christmas night out at this hotel last night 3/12/11 the girls have been for the past 3yrs it was my 2nd time the first time my room was beautiful had just been done up yesterday i was so dissapointed as the room we had was badleyneeding done up there was a sour smell coming from toilet tiles missing from wall and bath was passed its sell by date paper coming of walls it just was not nice .later on we went down for dinner at 7for 730 we had to wait for 20 mins before we got to our table .we had our starter then waited a further hour for our soup and the rest of our meal not good enough not enough staff to cope with the amount of people being there .the best part of the night was the parties we had in the rooms afterwards.

Room Tip: ask for newly done up rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Your comments with regards to the bedroom will be addressed with our inhouse maintenence team.

With regards to the party night we had over 280 guests attending and unfortunately some of the tables were late coming in for dinner which meant a slight delay for the soup being served. We did however manage to serve the 4 course meal by just before 9.15pm.

We would like to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please contact me directly and I will ensure you have a more enjoyable experience on your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have stayed here for last 13 months and keep coming back. Great staff and good rooms everyone looks after you. I know it is being done up at present and I have seen a lot of changes but they will get there. All they ask is give it a go, you will be surprised. Look forward to my next visit in 2weeks.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Philthompson27
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit your positive review. I am delighted you have continually enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks you for the kind comments in relation to friendliness of all the staff members that you came into contact with - I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Contrary to the advise on trip advisor, we found the Staff very friendly, the Hotel spotlessly clean and on entering the corridor from the lift- a beautiful Black Watch tartan carpet-newly laid. On entering our room we were met with the beautiful and outstanding views of the Erskine Bridge and the River Clyde from the scenic windows. The room was immaculate, bathroom brand new and warm and comfortable. Room was warm but the windows can be opened to cool it. Overall, our stay was great, we visited the swimming pool, which was lush, steam room and jacuzzi. The manager Nav, was on site constantly overseeing the comfort of the guests while making an active effort to have a cheery chat with everyone-- A lovely welcome! Please go and make your own minds up as we did or we will keep it all to ourselves!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Had a great day and night at the Erskine Bridge Hotel. My wife and i were there for our 5th wedding anniversary. the staff were so so friendly especially carol the barmaid. she made us so welcome when we went in there for lunch, made us feel at home. And alan the chef came out and explained some of the meals to us on the evening menu. which really helped.The room was very clean and tidy and everything you would want. we went to the spa in the afternoon the staff were very friendly also, and it was nice just to relax and chill out. we had such and good time, we are thinking of coming back again very soon. thanks for making our anniversary so special. and thanks again carol you made us feel so welcome x

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john m
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely comments. Your comments have been passed on to the management and all the staff as it is always encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed here before flying out on holiday. Great location for parking and to the airport. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that you were happy with the park and fly service we offer here at The Erskine Bridge Hotel.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours sincerely

Susan Craig

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Dumbarton
Travelodge Dumbarton
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!