I have just returned from a week of hiking in Scotland, and climbing Ben Nevis. We had a whole part of the hostel to ourselves being with a large group (18 people). I have the following to say towards the lodge:
- It is neat and clean
- The water in the shower is hot: Good as many hostels haven't got this right
- The location is ideal. You are like 20 mins drive from Ben Nevis and 10 mins drive from Glen Coe Valley. The surrounding areas are nice too as you are next to a lake with mountains in the background.
- There is a big drying room good enough for a large group.
- The bedrooms are for 2 people mostly, each having their own toilet/sink/shower which is great relief if you are hiking whole day, less shower queues.
- Next door is the pub, which offers great food.
- The staff are friendly and helpful
However, I would not call this a 5 star accommodation. Why, because I stay at 5 stars most of my business week and this is far off from that, and I don't want to set wrong expectations.
- The shower has no pressure. You may want to take a bucket with you to have a better bath!
- There is no pressure in the Kitchen taps either, but it is workable.
- The heaters have a mind of their own, we barely had our room heaters working but once we were cosy in our beds, we forgot it as were too tired to bother with it. The kitchen is warmer than the rooms.
Overall, a Decent place to stay if you are hiking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inchree Lodge is a family-run holiday center situated midway between the Ben Nevis & Glencoe Mountains. We offer good-quality, keenly-priced twin and family ensuite rooms in a Scandinavian-style lodge. There are full self-catering facilities, along with an on-site Pub & Restaurant with open fire, good food and Highland Ales & Whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Inchree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inchree Lodge Onich, Scotland