“Good for a quick snack!”
Review of Tomich Cafe

Tomich Cafe
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Invergordon
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A scottish-french enterprise serving simple but tasty food in a pleasant location between Invergordon and Alness.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I quite often stop at the Tomich Cafe on the way to visit Mother-in-Law. We have always found the food to be of good quality - the soups are delicious - and the staff are helpful and friendly. The carpark is large but remember, at peak times the cafe can be quite busy. We will be back next month!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Tomich cafe was a welcome sight after a long drive, and not finding much else on the A9. The one problem I found touring , is the lack of eateries by the road side!! We were welcomed by the young girl, who was very nice. The food was quick, and good. Just what was needed! More places like this wouldn't go amiss in Scotland!! You won't be disappointed eating here!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a regular stop for me when travelling to the North of Scotland on business. Food is always great and service friendly. I have noticed recently there have been fewer staff serving so service at the counter a little slower. An extra pair of hands would help.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Arrived about 5.30pm on a weeknight. Cafe quiet and staff nowhere to be seen, apart from one chef who was in deep conversation with a man at a table.
We looked around and couldn't see who to speak to about food. We stood waiting for about 10 minutes. The chef then decided that it was getting embarrassing, broke off his conversation and rustled up a surly girl from the kitchen.
She arrived behind the hot plate without a word, just a shrug. No 'can I help you', not even a 'what can I get you?' - just a filthy look for disturbing her fascinating chat with the kitchen staff.
I asked what they had on the dinner menu, she vaguely gestured towards a chalkboard. I asked what the chicken pasta was like and she was kind enough to remove the tin foil off a tray of congealed pasta.
That was when we decided to leave, placed our cakes back in the fridge and said Adios to this unfriendly eatery.
We went to the storehouse down the road and they couldn't have been nicer, more welcoming or the food better.
Take a lesson Tomich.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stop on the way home to Orkney for a full Scottish brekki. Sets us up for the journey. Delicious. Good choice of sweets, mains and drinks and the Garden Center next door for a wander around before you leave.