“Brilliant Hotel”
Review of Royal Marine Hotel

Royal Marine Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brora
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I recently stayed here while working in the area, I can highly recommend this hotel as the facilities and food are top notch, Everyone appeared to have a smile on their face and i don't blame them, working in Brora must be a joy as the scenery is fantastic,
I would definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wullie C
Robert R, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. Naturally I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Brora and the hotel. Nice to hear that my team appeared to be enjoying life ! You are right when you say that living and working in Brora is a joy - the scenery truly is fantastic. I am really pleased to hear that you would return given the opportunity.

All the best and kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Royal Marine Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed 1 night in December on our way to a short break to Orkney.The weather had been wild and the hotel had had a power cut earlier in the day but everyone was coping very well.The swimming pool was warm and I had a nice quiet swim before dinner. The meal was delicious and we were amused by the cat-sorry to hear he has been banned.Room was vast and the view of snowy Brora lovely--a great way to start our 26th year of marriage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BackOBennachie
Robert R, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us en-route to Orkney last December. You certainly picked a fine time to visit that wonderful Isle just across the Pentland Firth during the worst storms in Britain since records began !
Well worth the journey and wild weather I am sure. I have visited Orkney during the past two Octobers and love the place so I fully understand your desire for the place.

I am delighted you enjoyed your brief stay with us and you were made to feel welcome. Good to hear we coped well with the temporary disruption to our power supply. I have to admit I am slightly baffled as to how the cat managed to amuse you ? He sleeps all day and night !
Many thanks once again, and I hope you will find time to visit us again before long.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were looking for a hotel that was pet freindly and came accross this lovely hotel right on the coast, it was clean, warm with a lovely log fire burning in the reception area. The meals were second to none and the chef catered for my little dog too.
The room was huge with period furniture and the beds were so comfortable I did not want to leave them.
We happened to arrive on Valentine weekend and I was presented with a lovely box of chocolates with my meal, it was a nice touch.
The pool and Spa area was very clean and I enjoyed a restful evening in the hot tub.
This is a really good hotel if you like traditional style and service
Thanks to all the girls for their wonderful service

Room Tip: I was in room 5 which was huge and had a lovely feeling to it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Robert R, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Marie,

Thank you very much indeed for your most complimentary review following your recent stay here during Valentines weekend.
Naturally I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us and that your four legged friend was also well looked after !
Overall it sounds as though you enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing break and I hope you will return again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My friends and I had dinner in the Bistro restaurant last night. I had popped into the hotel earlier in the day to explain that I am on a very restricted diet and with little fuss a menu was created for me. All in my party agreed excellent service and excellent food in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Robert R, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Alison,

Many thanks for your most kind remarks following your meal here last Friday evening. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience and that we were able to accommodate your dietary needs without any fuss. I hope you will visit us again before too long.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in November and enjoyed every moment. I have known the Marine for many years and never been disappointed. Nice room though slightly dated like most of the hotel but in some ways this adds to its appeal. Great facilities especially the pool and spa, nice food though a bit limited at times and excellent, very friendly staff. A great bolt hole and close to the beach and village centre. the weather also helped being very cold but amazingly sunny for the time of year - we took some wonderful walks before a late afternoon swim and jacuzzi! Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A room at the front overlooking the harbour is always the best choice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert R, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Peter,

Many thanks indeed for your very kind comments posted recently following your stay here last November. Naturally I am delighted that you seem to have thoroughly enjoyed your three day break with us. I am always saying to people that the weather can be nice in November and your experience has just proved it ! I am pleased to read that you will be back and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We arrived on New Years Day to cosy fire and a warm welcome.
We had not booked dinner at night but they made room for us. The buffet was absolutely delightful. Excellent quality meat, seafood, salads and cheeses.
Lovely toiletries, fluffy robe and a very good nights sleep.
Breakfast cooked to order - again excellent local produce done well.
No time for visit to spa - will do that on our next visit.
We were only there for one night but felt really refreshed after our visit.

Room Tip: we had a basic room - try for an upgrade if you can
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mo S
Robert R, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post such a glowing review on tripadvisor.
Naturally I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your over night stay on New Years Day. Coming from Inverness it would be nice to see you visiting us for short, relaxing weekend Spa break, details of such packages can be seen on our website. It is most satisfying to read that you had a good stay,enjoyed the food at both dinner and breakfast and felt refreshed after your visit.

I do hope to see you again before too long.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here on business and my only complaint is that I didn't have enough time to enjoy the hotel and its facilities because of appointments. Staff were very friendly and helpful, as you walked through the door it was a very welcoming atmosphere. Enjoying a drink sitting by the roaring fire as the snow fell outside was particularly memorable.
The bedroom was particularly special, it was very large with comfortable furniture and bed.
Breakfast was plentiful and the food was enjoyable, unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity tho sample the evening meal.
If I was in the area again I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kevin,
Thank you very much for kind comments following your stay with us last December. I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay and hope to see you again in the future perhaps on a longer visit when you will have time to sample more of the hotels fine facilities.
It is rewarding to hear that you received a warm welcome on what was very wintery night. Your description of enjoying a drink whilst sitting by the roaring log fire as the snow gently fell outside does indeed depict a most cosy warm atmosphere !
I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again if you are visiting the area. This is good to hear !

Robert Ratcliffe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brora
Sutherland Inn Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Invergordon
The Glenmorangie House

Been to Royal Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!