All reviews beautiful hotel four poster bed statesman rail first class nevis range two nights games room overlooking the mountains fantastic views steak pie jacobite train turret room scottish highlands spean bridge well stocked bar well worth a visit stayed one night
Reviewed October 9, 2017

The Scottish Highlands has its own magical charm but what enhances a trip to the highlands is staying in such a well run hotel as Glenspean Lodge. We were booked into this delightful hotel as part of a Statesman Rail excursion aalong the West Highland way. From the moment we checked in we experienced friendly staff only too eager to help.

Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean with a large four poster bed. Breakfasts were well organised and a great selection of both traditional and local delights to cater for any dietary preferences. Our evening meal too was delightful and the large selection of whiskeys from the bar was a prefect way to end a day.

The hotel's location is about eight miles or so from Fort William. The grounds are very well maintained and offer spectacular and atmospheric views of the wonderful vistas.

In conclusion, this is a small, exceptionally well run hotel. The food, decor and location ensure you will have a marvellous stay and I warmly recommend Gleanspean Lodge Hotel to anyone seeking that perfect stay in an idyllic location.

Date of stay: October 2017
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our home and hope we can welcome you back again if your ever back up in the Highlands. Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Myself my wife and elderly Aunt stayed here for a long weekend. The owners Ian and Suzanne were absolutely brilliant, a remarkable couple. The Lodge is set on a hillside with stunning views, it's clean and all the staff are friendly. The food is fantastic, I especially liked the hanging chicken and The hearty breakfast. The room was cosy and warm and the stay so pleasant we didn't want to leave

You guys rock

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to have you all stay!, hope we can welcome you back again if your ever back up in the area. Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I and our 2 and 5 year old children stopped here for a meal on the 31st of Aug. My whole family enjoyed the food, service and ambience. We ate in the bar area and found this suited us best, especially for the children as they didn't have to feel confined to there chair. I especially enjoyed the pigeon and rabbit dish that I had and there was no complaints from the rest of my family, would definitely go back and would recommend that you go here if you like freshly made food at reasonable prices.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jason W
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we hope we can welcome your family back again if your ever back in the area. Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Stayed over the Bank Holiday weekend for three nights in the Turret Room. The food in both the restaurant and bar is fantastic as is the huge range of whiskies behind the bar. The room had amazing views across the valley from a roll top bath and was very comfortable. The food at Breakfast is highly recommended (particularly the Full Scottish Breakfast) and is served in the restaurant with views over the valley towards Ben Nevis. Finally the staff and owners made us feel very much at home. All in all one of my favourite places to have stayed and if you are looking for a place to stay within easy access of Fort William, Ben Nevis and the surrounding area look no further.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our home, views from that bath are pretty amazing! with lots of other lovely rooms on offer lets hope we can welcome you back again to try out one of the others! Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed September 3, 2017

The staff were all great. Liked them. Wanted to give a perfect score, but neither of us could ever connect to WiFi. With any of our devices. They need to get WiFi so that people can connect. I can understand if their provider is slow once connected as they're remote, but to be unable to connect at all was bad. Had we not had our day planned the next day, that would have been disastrous.

The room I didn't like because of the décor. Pinkish and a cutsie saying on the wall. Would have despised that if on a business trip. Curtains were floral which was OK as with my wife - she liked.

I loved the bathroom. Very clean and comfortable. Both of us loved the shower with the wife saying it was her best ever. Really well lit, too.

Beds were comfortable but narrow. We had two twin beds. Carpeting was nice as was armoire. I know they went to a lot of effort and expense to decorate, but flowers and pink aren't my thing.

Food, especially at dinner was great. My new favorite food is Haggis with Neeps and Tatties. We both had local beers. Service was good as was price.

Don't be discouraged at breakfast when you walk in and see cold stuff. You can order from a menu and price is included. I had the Scottish breakfast and was happy though could have had more Haggis!

The grounds were lovely and the hotel was clean and quiet.

We were told to have the window shut after dark to keep out midges if the lights were on. One nice thing about the floral curtains is they were thick. We kept the window open and with the windows closed, didn't get bit once.

Even though we were front of the hotel on first floor (2nd floor if you're American), we slept well as there was no noise to speak of.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, the aim of Glenspean lodge is to be a home away from home with nice comfy furniture, beds furnishings etc., we don't want to be all modern and basic like the corporate hotels we want you to come and relax and unwind like you would at home, glad you enjoyed the Haggis although it is an acquired taste! unfortunately Wi-Fi has been the bain of our lives for the last 11 years, believe me if there was anything we could do to improve it it would have been done by now if only to improve the business side of things it can be very frustrating.
Our aim is to give people a nice comfy home away from home with good food, then people can go off on their day happy and well fed and relaxed hopefully we achieved this. If you come back again ask for a more masculine room we have plenty of different designs of rooms to choose from. Ian & Suzanne