“A+ activity and service”

Twinwoods Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for an exciting activity? How about Indoor skydiving, Indoor surfing, Racing simulators, Childrens soft play area, a climbing wall and Powerfan decender jump or Target shooting and archery* (*Coming Soon) Not to mention the gym and leisure centre, accommodaiton and Bar & Grill!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Monument, Colorado
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A+ activity and service”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My cousin and I were searching around for something to do around the Milton Keynes area and thought about indoor skydiving at the Xscape. When we looked at the price we thought twice and stumbled across the bodyflight in Bedford which was a lot more affordable! Check out Groupon for additional deals (especially if you book in advance)

You need about an hour and a half to complete the whole activity with registration, orientation, gear up and all of the "jumps". It's rather exhilarating watching everyone falling up into the air!

Our particular package gave us two tandem jumps that last about a minute and a half. Believe me, your back is aching and your face is deformed after that amount of time so until you are like one of the crazy instructors who look like they are flying around the cylinder... that's all the time you'll be able to handle. There's different packages for photos and video of the experience for purchase also.

We both enjoyed the experience from start to finish and the staff were very accommodating.

A must do! And for £40 total between the two of us, what better way to spend a day than say you went flying!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dancinjess416

• Czech first
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Indoor surfing was a waste of money”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I bought this experience for me and my boyfriend after previously really enjoying the indoor skydiving at Xscape Milton keynes. We both enjoy various different boardsports already so thought this would be right up our street. The session we were on was fully booked and we were the only adults on the session. In the hour slot we had approximately 6 goes and in total less than 5 minutes on the flow rider. The instructor barely spoke, rarely giving tips or advise during the whole session. However, we watched some of the session after us where the instructor looked much better. I felt extremely disappointed for the money we had paid. I would recommend to children or people who don't do many other extreme sports/ water sports. It was fun but there was too much waiting around and therefore not good value for money for me.

11 Thank Amy S
cambridge
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A great activity for all ages”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was a birthday present (65th and 58th) from our daughters. Everyone else was much younger but the friendly , helpful staff were great and really helped this to be a fun experience.

It must be so boring going through the same routines of safety advice and tips, handing out kits etc but it didn't show at all. They seemed really pleased that we were excited to be having a go and enjoying ourselves. The advice was delivered in an amusing but clear way and everyone's understanding of the hand signals checked at the end. I hadn't anticipated how loud the wind tunnel would be and we had to wear earplugs, goggles and helmet as well as the flying suits, so hand signals were essential.

There was opportunity to watch others through the viewing panel and our daughters took photos of us throughout. You are accompanied by an instructor at all times in the tunnel who keeps a firm grip to ensure your safety until you are ready to go solo for a few moments. Sessions are only a minute or so long so if you book for longer you go back in several times. You can go just on your own or have some time in the wind tunnel with a friend.

Expensive but huge fun and I will certainly go back again. May even try the real thing now.

1 Thank Tina F
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“like a bird!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We took our 2 children aged 8 and 12 to the indoor skydiving. They were the youngest in the group of 12 but everyone was brilliant with them. The staff were funny but serious with safety and reassured the kids. Our children absolutely loved the whole experience and can't wait to go back!! yes it is pricey but worth every penny ( saying that we bought a voucher for Christmas and it was £40/person and bring a friend, a sister in our case...) I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something very special to do...or before throwing yourself off a plane...If you can afford it try the Flowrider too. The café sell the usual Panini, sandwiches and chips stuff. The service was good and staff smiling. It was clean too. It might be a bit lacking of 'charm' but this is only serving the purpose to feed you between adrenaline experiences, so it's doing its job in my eyes! the café also give you a view on the Flowrider...perfect for photo opportunity too! You can buy photos, videos ,your usual key rings at Bodyflight and flowrider. it is the same price as any place and I must admit that the staff informed us of the service to buy souvenirs but did not make us feel guilty to not buy too. A perfect day!

3 Thank Corinne B
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Worst customer service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

On the whole, not a bad place to spend a day. All the activities are ok, not great, there are better out there. The cafe serves average food, thats if you can wait that long for them to get it to you, but the overriding factor for me, and what spolt the whole day was the shocking customer service. I am sure if you turn up. do you thing and leave you willbe fine. But do not be late, try and change anything, or try and change your booking in any way, these guys are so inflexible. Not willing to lift a finger to help or accomodate. If you want to fly can I recommend Airkix a few miles up the road. Better facilites and they treat their customers like they want them to be there, rather than an inconvenince.
Avoid !