“Indoor flight/skydiving only 2 minutes total!”

Twinwoods Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for an exciting activity? How about Indoor skydiving, Indoor surfing, Racing simulators, Childrens soft play area, a climbing wall and Powerfan decender jump or Target shooting and archery* (*Coming Soon) Not to mention the gym and leisure centre, accommodaiton and Bar & Grill!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Tring, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Indoor flight/skydiving only 2 minutes total!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited the centre today and was disappointed that the amount of time I spent actually in flight was just over 2 minutes in total (two sessions of just over a minute each). I am not sure if this is the norm and as it was a gift I didn't complain, but in my opinion this is a very poor return on my time invested. Even though it was free I would not have driven over an hour each way to attend if I had known this in advance. Also you have to sign an injury disclaimer which I was not comfortable with.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Guitarplayer72A
Piers H, Manager at Twinwoods Adventure, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Firstly I would like to say thank you for taking the time to review our attraction. I wanted to respond to your post as I felt it important that you had a full understanding of the business and its processes.

Flight Length:
The experience that you were given as a present was a 2-flight taster experience. Each of the flights lasts for 1min 15sec (totalling 2.5min of flight time). When comparing this to a tandem skydive during which you experience freefall for around 45seconds our 2 flight experience is 3 times as long. As a company we offer people a range of flight experiences from 2 flights to those in excess of 1hour. It is however normal for a 2 or 4 flight experience to be bought as a present for peoples first flight experiences.

Disclaimer (Acceptance of Risk):
The activities we provide are extreme sports and we want people to be aware of the risks before partaking. We ask everyone that participates in one of our activities to complete an acceptance of risk form. This does not waive your rights as an individual however it does provide us with documentation to say that you have received the risk information for your activity and are happy to continue.

Hopefully the information I have given here will perhaps provide you with some answers to your concerns.

• Czech first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good day, terrible customer service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We received a indoor sky diving session for 2 people as a gift and were very excited to experience it. Booking was easy, although they didnt tell us to wear trainers but luckily we had some in the car! Overall we had a good experience and enjoyed our day. We were looking forward to viewing the video from the USB drive we received, but disappointingly we later found out that we had been given a copy of the wrong flights and ours was not on there. As we had travelled a fair distance to have the experience and could not visit to exchange USB drives i sent an email to the company explaining the situation. I received a pretty much immediate response saying the issue would be sorted but we received nothing, so emailed again and received the same response. it has now been over a month and my emails since have been ignored. This has tarred what had been a good experience and i would now not recommend the experience because of this terrible customer service.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Natalie S
newcastle
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fantastic day out would definitely return”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

paid £97 for two of us to come here for the day we did indoor skydiving we had two flights and received a USB of it all brilliant for money we paid £12 for a large photo at the end which makes us both laugh when we look at it.
Flowrider... be prepared for bruised knees my partner would like to take it up regular as he enjoyed it that much if only there was one nearer newcastle. Had a pizza to share of which was very nice. only downside was that we finished our skydiving at 12.30 and the flowrider didnt start till 3 but we just sat around had food and drinks. staff are very friendly. safe to say i will not be jumping out of a plane any time soon i was rubbish :)

Visited September 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience but a few tips before booking!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I brought the surf experience for my boyfriend and he loved it! He was part of a smaller group of about 9 so he had lots of time on the water. He enjoyed it so much so, we decided to book another one hour slot the next day. Staff very helpful in booking another slot the next day. The 2nd day was a completely different experience as a party of 8 7year olds was him his group! He was barely on the water and when complaining to staff, they responded by basically saying he was lucky the day before to be in a smaller group. I personally think parties need to be private as they naturally take up more time! I was disappointed that we weren't told he would be joining a 7year olds birthday party as clearly we would have picked a different time! I would go again but perhaps in a bigger group to avoid this next time! I book later in the evening to avoid the children's parties!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank London194
Cambridge, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Good Experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

First of all I must commend the booking line for amending my skydiving booking to a later date for personal reasons. I had read of people's experiences of trying to change things and being refused, so it was good to find that they were accommodating to my needs.

Me and my other half spent the afternoon at Bodyflight, experiencing the indoor pool, watching people wipe out on the Flowrider, and then taking part in some indoor skydiving - all of which were good fun. The facilities are clean and well maintained, and staff were helpful and well-informed.

The one thing I would highlight to people wanting to do the 'skydiving together' experience is to maybe think about trying it solo first. Certainly my other half and I felt that those who went solo had a much better experience; possibly down to their ability, but maybe also because the instructors were less inclined to get two people flying at the same time and concentrate on just one (there are two instructors when two people are flying together).

All in all though, a good time was had.

Visited September 2013